Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/15/2005 2:47:05 PM EDT
Calling on my experienced and knowledgable Ohio "black gun" loving friends to please tell me why I do, or don't want one.

Specifically, this one:
aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Bushmater_97S_.223_Carbon_Fiber_Pistol.html

Thanks.

John

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:34:06 PM EDT
Ever shot an AR pstiol??

The reason I ask is that I thought I wanted one badly, until I shot one. The neatness wore out after the first mag, when my overwhelming desire to shoulder it was squelched by the stubby little buffer tube, and knowing that if it did have a buttstock, it'd be an SBR. I just didn't like holding it at arm's length blasting with it I guess.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:18:11 PM EDT
AR pistols are fun, loud, make large fireballs, and are cool looking. Ballistically the short barrels give you the performance of a 55 grain .22 long rifle. To each his own, but I'd rather go with an SBR of at least 10.5 to 11.5 inches. (I've owned two in 5.56mm, currently planning on a pistol build in 9mm.)

Hessian-1
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:14:10 PM EDT
IVe shot a couple and while theyre neat they just dont feel right to me. Maybe you could talk MRW into bringing his to the next shoot if hes coming.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:45:45 PM EDT
Swingset, Hessian, and JME,

Thanks Guys.
Those are the answers I was looking for.
Being that I'm a non- hunter, non military, not a collector, non LEO, non favorable to any particular gun manufacturer, not a gun "builder", don't give a flip about ammo ballistics and all, and that the only weapons I own that are practical and sensible are the ones I carry to, from, and (sometimes) during work, I was wanting someone to talk me out of buying one of these.
Lordy, Lordy, I'd hate to waste money on something I didn't really need.
I thank you for your input.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:59:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 5:59:48 PM EDT by JohnnyMcEldoo]
IM not sure but I dont think you can get an AR pistol until you get an AK and or AR rifle first. I think thats the rule
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:02:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JohnnyMcEldoo:
IM not sure but I dont think you can get an AR pistol until you get an AK and or AR rifle first. I think thats the rule

:::sigh:::
If they only came in a Gray color.
With lotsa plastic on 'em.

Later y'all.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top