Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/12/2004 11:45:21 AM EST
My family and I took our annual trip to Giant City to hike the fall foliage.
On the trip down from metro east, I couldn't help but notice the overwelming amount of Buch/Cheney signs along the rural highways.
I think I counted only a handfull of (s)Kerry signs. Of course, once I got to Carbondale there were more of the Kerry signs, but that's to be expected due to the liberal nature of colleges.

The wife stated that Illinois would be a GOP shoo-in if it was not for the north shore.

There are none more truer words.

God, sometimes I feel that Illinois is one of the best states in the midwest, then I have to remember about Chit-cago.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:39:45 PM EST
If Cook County were to fall into Lake Michigan I'm sure it wouldn't take long to get concealed carry.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:43:47 PM EST
Dont you love living in a state run by a small affluent few? Hmmmm isn't that what our Forefathers fought against?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:49:52 PM EST
is it the small affluent few, or the hoard of welfare leeches? My take is that it's the whole litter of little piglets that want to suck off the gov't sow.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:27:01 PM EST
if Crook county fell into lake Michigan would the EPA need to be called ?????

if it wasnt for chicago the rest of the state is pro gun
ya know - lawabiding citizens owning firearms for hunting , recreation, self def.
oh thats the 2nd ammend.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:28:00 PM EST

Originally Posted By patriot73:
Dont you love living in a state run by a small affluent few? Hmmmm isn't that what our Forefathers fought against?

No, not really. They sensibly allowed only landowners to vote, which would change the demographics of elections immeasurably today. Think Daley could win at all if the only people who could vote were the ones who overwhelmingly had to pay his taxes?

In the grand scheme of history I suspect that allowing every dummy to vote, along with allowing the federal government to tax us, will be remembered as the biggest nails in democracy's coffin.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:31:13 PM EST
You know there is a way to get Illinois started in the right direction, vote for Alan Keyes and talk to your friends about him. He is a strict constitutionalist, and supports gun owners rights including C.C.

He has the charactor and ability to make changes in the IL GOP and get rid of the RINO's (Republicans In Name Only) running the party like Judy Baar Topinka.

I don't work for Keyes nor his campaign but his style and political philosophy has interested me for years.

Remember Obama and Dick Durban his
DuxRus
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:46:37 PM EST
I live in the NW burbs and I am serious when I say I see way more Bush signs than Kerry signs. It's so bizzare how bad does the city stuff the boxes to beat the whole state?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:56:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By Gary-G23:
If Cook County were to fall into Lake Michigan I'm sure it wouldn't take long to get concealed carry.

I heard in the "Daily Southtown", that a number of south Chicago suburbs want to secede from Cook County and form a new county, Lincoln County. Wonder if anyone would get CCW if you are lucky to live between the Indiana border and I-55, and the Will Co. Line(where the new county may form.)
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:13:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By deej86:

Originally Posted By Gary-G23:

I heard in the "Daily Southtown", that a number of south Chicago suburbs want to secede from Cook County and form a new county, Lincoln County. Wonder if anyone would get CCW if you are lucky to live between the Indiana border and I-55, and the Will Co. Line(where the new county may form.)

Lincoln County, like the Lincoln County War, right?

I kinda like that!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:49:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2004 4:50:42 PM EST by PCGuns]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:20:53 AM EST

The wife stated that Illinois would be a GOP shoo-in if it was not for the north shore

That’s not entirely true. There are a significant number of union and ex-union voters left over from when the coal mines were still open, and the overwhelming majority of them vote democrat. Being a resident of Southern Illinois (20 miles north of Carbondale) I was shocked at the amount of money being spent on the state senate seat (59th district), two million between the two candidates. Then I found out a republican hasn’t held the seat since the 60’s, and Forby was appointed to the position. I guess the republicans think they have a chance, and rumor is Summers should win.

I think Illinois will be a much closer race than anyone has predicted, a Chicago Tribune poll only had Kerry ahead by eight points, and I’m sure they didn’t talk to anyone down state.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:22:25 PM EST
I have 3 Bush signs in my yard. I put up 1 and my wife put up 2. She thinks I'm a slacker.

But I put up the "Support Our Troops" sign.

Top Top