Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/16/2008 6:13:11 PM EST
I want to build myself a varmint style AR. It's going to be used for mainly Hog hunting at night. I want something fairly short 16-18" heavy barrel. Free float tube. The only local dealer I have barks Double Star every time you cross through the door.
Are the Double Star lowers good for the money. They want 279.00 for a complete lower.
Or should I look else where? Please give me any advice you have.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:19:09 PM EST
IM sent.

Double Star is a great quality lower and Jack & Teresa (J&T Dist) are some great people to do business with.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:31:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By AUWareagle:
I want to build myself a varmint style AR. It's going to be used for mainly Hog hunting at night. I want something fairly short 16-18" heavy barrel. Free float tube. The only local dealer I have barks Double Star every time you cross through the door.
Are the Double Star lowers good for the money. They want 279.00 for a complete lower.
Or should I look else where? Please give me any advice you have.

Wheres this local dealer? Also do they have stripped double star lowers?
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:39:34 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 8:02:10 PM EST
The only dealer I have semi close by is The Rifleman in Bibb co. I've heard they're a little high on their prices so I'm looking around. I'm pretty sure they stock stripped lowers. If so that's the way I'm going to go with it. I may just order from someone else. I've been checking out Anvil Arms and a few others.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated at this point. I'm not new to building rifles, just the Ar platform. So it will take me a little while to get familiar with all the different companies and products.
Thanks in advance for your time.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 1:49:26 AM EST
i use to use DS lower on everything, very good lowers for the money. then i came across Anvil Arms, WOW the lowers are superb. J&T make excellent products, top quality rifle kits IMO. go to J&T website and check them out, also larry at AtoZ firearms in macon on vineville sells J&T/DS products and he is very reasonable. you can build a blackrifle from scratch out of his shop and he is also a class3 guy. he earned my business by ALLWAYS going the extra mile. feel confident in the J&T products, they are top shelf, their LPK's are great. i have built many rifles with their parts and parts kits. again looking at Anvil Arms is a great start, for 100 bucks and free laser engraving it's hard to beat, also they are LAR machined the same as Bushmaster if that helps. if you do decide to go with the DS lower you will be happy with it. give larry a call being your in the macon area and check out his shop
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:21:28 PM EST
Thanks for the info so far. I'll check A-Z guns. I've heard of them before but didn't realize he has as much AR stuff as you say.
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 2:41:23 AM EST
This may help.

Brownells
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:00:35 AM EST

Originally Posted By AUWareagle:
The only dealer I have semi close by is The Rifleman in Bibb co. I've heard they're a little high on their prices so I'm looking around. I'm pretty sure they stock stripped lowers. If so that's the way I'm going to go with it. I may just order from someone else. I've been checking out Anvil Arms and a few others.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated at this point. I'm not new to building rifles, just the Ar platform. So it will take me a little while to get familiar with all the different companies and products.
Thanks in advance for your time.

Another option is Harry at Firearms Trader on Pio Nono in Macon. He carries Stag lowers for $125. I believe his LPK were $59. He had a few uppers but I didn't check the prices. He had parts for a 9mm build, too.
Top Top