Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 7:54:27 AM EDT
For anyone contemplating a build vs buy I'll give you the rundown on a rig I built for a guy I work with.

Midlength Cav Arms 16" upper:  In case you didnt know the barrel is by Sabre defense and chrome lined 1/9.   The steel is the same used for 50M2 barrels, very tough stuff.  IMHO a step above bushmaster and possibly colts.

Stag lower,  he overpaid for it about $30ish.  I could have found him a better price.

DPMS LPK from brownells.

6 Position Cav Arms stock
ARMS #40A2 buis  ( damned nice sight btw)
single point sling adapter
single point sling
Right at around $800 total.    

Not considerably cheaper than you can buy a factory carbine for but in a configuration you cannot get.   Midlength flattop with a very nice flip up buis and ready for optics.  

I highly reccomend a build over buying factory.   He could have saved a few bucks here and there but it's still not bad for a 100% new rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top