Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/9/2005 12:49:17 PM EDT
Anyone going, or want to? I'm thinking I'll head out that way for the morning as long as the weather cooperates.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:49:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2005 3:50:06 PM EDT by DogOffLeash]
This may be a possibility. I'll talk to K9Cop and see what he thinks about it.

Only problem being is that my birthday is on Saturday, so I more than likely will be in NO position nor desire to go shooting (read as: comatose after a loooong night of drunken festivities).

BUT..

Like i said, it's a possibility. Not sure what all else is on K9's agenda either.

Stay safe, NPD.

Phil
Former USAF K-9
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:41:03 PM EDT
I am game, I will be heading down with a couple of buddies too!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:07:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2005 9:09:12 PM EDT by K9Copper]
Dog, since it is too late for me to call you tonight, I'm going to order a couple of cases of ammo of .223 and if the yhave 9mm real cheap, I'll get some of that too, and hope it gets here on time...it should, SG has been very good. I'm really not sure about Sunday (50/50), but I will get ammo rolling to be on the safe side

Anyone going, or want to? I'm thinking I'll head out that way for the morning afternoon as long as the weather cooperates.
Hey, NPD, I 'corrected' your post
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:26:18 PM EDT
I'm gonna throw a "Maybe" out there.

I have a Sabre Defence 1/7 Mid-Length barrel coming from Talon Arms; some mags, Bolt/carrier, upper, charging handle, and vice block coming from Bravo Co., some Gapper plugs coming from Denny's (GTS), and a set of RRA OD middy handguards coming from ADCO.

If all that crap shows up, I might scroung up some ammo and make it down there. I'm out of .223, so I might have to go get ripped off at the local gunstore for $4 a box for Wolf.

If I get down there and run out of ammo, I'll make sure to have my AK for a back-up.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:17:49 PM EDT

If all that crap shows up, I might scroung up some ammo and make it down there. I'm out of .223, so I might have to go get ripped off at the local gunstore for $4 a box for Wolf.
Hey Wizzo, just curious, sounds like you are tossing out a good amount of cash for gun parts, why not drop $100 at Sportsmans Guide and get yourself a case of Wolf in a few days?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:21:34 AM EDT
I will be out there working.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:59:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:03:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2005 3:07:44 PM EDT by WIZZO_ARAKM14]

Originally Posted By K9Copper:

Hey Wizzo, just curious, sounds like you are tossing out a good amount of cash for gun parts, why not drop $100 at Sportsmans Guide and get yourself a case of Wolf in a few days?

I'm thinking about it.

I already was kicking myself for spending about $620 in 45 minutes

What's another $100, right

WIZZO

EDIT: Well, I ordered a case, but I don't know if it'll be here by Saturday, let alone Sunday (obviously).

BTW, what time do ya want to get together? npd says morning and K9Copper says afternoon. Which sounds good to the rest of you?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:48:10 PM EDT
My son and I are going Sunday. It's been awhile and he's been busting my chops about going. It looks like the weather will be about perfect Sunday. I'll be there about 9:30, going to the rifle range long enough to sight-in my new EoTech and then off to the Pit! I'll be wearing My new Team AR15 cap.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:08:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sig223:

Is that what you call what you are doing out there! Ron is going to love this!

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:15:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2005 6:19:18 PM EDT by handyandy]
Wizzo: I ordered 1K of XM193 from SG early last Monday and it was waiting for me when I got home Tuesday! Last time I got Wolf it was under $100 to my door, you can't beat that with a stick. I know how you feel I have my new 14.7" CMMG upper on a like new Colt lower and I am dying to shoot it. I may take a long lunch so I can bust some caps at Gun Ghetto in Bensenville. This weekend probably won't work out. I plan to take my son to BR very soon and I would like to do that during a weekday. Andy
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:41:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By handyandy:
Wizzo: I ordered 1K of XM193 from SG early last Monday and it was waiting for me when I got home Tuesday! Last time I got Wolf it was under $100 to my door, you can't beat that with a stick. I know how you feel I have my new 14.7" CMMG upper on a like new Colt lower and I am dying to shoot it. I may take a long lunch so I can bust some caps at Gun Ghetto in Bensenville. This weekend probably won't work out. I plan to take my son to BR very soon and I would like to do that during a weekday. Andy

That's good to hear.

I ordered it right before I posted, but they had the ammo asterisked (is that a word? they had these by it during checkout--->***)

The asterisks meant that it couldn't be next-day or 2nd-day so that puts me up to Saturday.

Hopefully they'll kick it out the door quickly, but I won't hold my breath

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:59:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2005 12:00:20 AM EDT by K9Copper]

Well, I ordered a case, but I don't know if it'll be here by Saturday, let alone Sunday (obviously).
Are you a "member" of SG (where you paid $30 for the year)? If so, you will be in great shape cause they get it out fast. I ORDERED on the 9th, late at night, really making it the 10th. Well, got my order con. w/ UPS tracking #, should be here by the 12th. How the hell can you beat 2 days, in my mind, you can't!!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:35:44 AM EDT
I'll try for sunday.

It's been awhile since I was at BR, but it's just been too damn hot recently :-(

Covered positions at The Pit would be wonderful :-)

CKMorley
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:16:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2005 8:17:26 AM EDT by joe1972]
You guys are killing me! I can’t go this month at all!!!

I have missed out going to BF the last two times, and I missed the dinner (sons TBall can’t miss that)!

I really would like to go, especially when we all group up in mass and take over a good sized area at the pit, I have found that most AR15.com guys are really great to deal with and respectful of their piers and surroundings!
Once I had a guy with a short barrel FAL squeeze in to my left and start blasting like he was F-ing Rambo, what a jerk!
I have never experienced that with AR15.com guys or gals!!!

What do you guys think about this deal:
www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=213108
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:18:19 AM EDT

Well, I ordered a case, but I don't know if it'll be here by Saturday, let alone Sunday (obviously).
Are you a "member" of SG (where you paid $30 for the year)? If so, you will be in great shape cause they get it out fast. I ORDERED on the 9th, late at night, really making it the 10th. Well, got my order con. w/ UPS tracking #, should be here by the 12th. How the hell can you beat 2 days, in my mind, you can't!!!

I payed for it when I checked out. I got a double discount (which amounted to about $10 on my order) for signing up right then, so I've been in the "Club" since about 6 o'clock yesterday.

Still crossing my fingers

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:09:49 AM EDT
Ok I'm going for sure... in the MORNING, not the afternoon, like K9Copper thinks. I ought to be there by 930-10 at the latest. Probably spend an hour or two on the rifle range, though.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:29:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By brass-hog:

Is that what you call what you are doing out there! Ron is going to love this!

I've been gone 2 weeks I just might be motivated now.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:43:43 AM EDT

Ok I'm going for sure... in the MORNING, not the afternoon, like K9Copper thinks
Hell, I wasn't making a knock on you, I have no doubts you'll be there in the morn, as for me, that is why I was correcting it to noon. Got to get my BAC below 0.08
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:26:20 AM EDT

Ok I'm going for sure... in the MORNING, not the afternoon, like K9Copper thinks
Hell, I wasn't making a knock on you, I have no doubts you'll be there in the morn, as for me, that is why I was correcting it to noon. Got to get my BAC below 0.08

The solution, my good man, is to prevent it from getting to that point in the first place.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:38:20 PM EDT
K9Copper, I shouldn't have doubted you.

The case of ammo was waiting for me when I got home today.

See ya'll Sunday (I'll try to get there around 11:00)

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:37:39 PM EDT
Hey all, I was just digging thru my ammo stash and came across a 50 round box of Winchester .40 S&W,also a partially empty box,about 70 rounds total. I haven't owned a .40 for a few years and as much as I'd like to get another one, it'll be awhile before I can afford a new gun purchase.

So, if any of you are going to bring a pistol in .40 tomorrow or own one I'd be more than happy to give you this ammo. It's not doing me any good just sitting around collecting dust. First come first served .
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:59:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2005 3:03:08 PM EDT by WIZZO_ARAKM14]

Originally Posted By BigBore45:
Hey all, I was just digging thru my ammo stash and came across a 50 round box of Winchester .40 S&W,also a partially empty box,about 70 rounds total. I haven't owned a .40 for a few years and as much as I'd like to get another one, it'll be awhile before I can afford a new gun purchase.

So, if any of you are going to bring a pistol in .40 tomorrow or own one I'd be more than happy to give you this ammo. It's not doing me any good just sitting around collecting dust. First come first served .

I'll take it

My XD-40 will love it. You're more than welcome to shoot it, too.

Thanks,

WIZZO

BTW, I'll be the guy with a beard and a white "Redneck and Blue collar" t-shirt on.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:11:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2005 3:12:43 PM EDT by BigBore45]
Wizzo, It's yours, I'll be wearing a tan/olive Team AR15.com cap. If I don't see or notice you nudge me and say hi.

I hope to meet all of you tomorrow!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:56:10 PM EDT
For those of you going be prepared for the weather. It's muddy and wet out there as of 1800 when we closed. Just remember also we have the bench range sheltered along with the trap area for those of you tough enough to stick out any rain that might come down. See you all tomorrow.

Your neighborhood RSO
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:38:11 PM EDT

For those of you going be prepared for the weather. It's muddy and wet out there as of 1800 when we closed. Just remember also we have the bench range sheltered along with the trap area for those of you tough enough to stick out any rain that might come down. See you all tomorrow.

Your neighborhood RSO

I hate mud. Unless it's bright and sunny in the morning, I'll be staying home. If anyone does go, have a good time.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:15:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By npd233:

Your neighborhood RSO

I hate mud. Unless it's bright and sunny in the morning, I'll be staying home. If anyone does go, have a good time.

Wassa matter? 'Fraid that Tec will jam up in the mud?

This morning it was raining pretty good but that didnt stop my buds and I from shooting for a few hours. Had no trouble ringing the 300yd gong with an AR carbine in a good drizzle.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:11:19 PM EDT
The weather was great today. A little drizzle in the morning and after that nice and cloudy and cool till afternoon when the sun peeked through for a while. Finally met Wizzo and his Dad. Good to meet you. npd233 you should of been there you mud pansy.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:13:11 PM EDT
Good to meet you too, Sig223.

Had quite a bit of fun today. Too much, actually. I showed up with a fresh 1,000rd case of .223 Wolf and my dad and I proceded to shoot 960rds of it

Too bad I didn't have my new build together yet so I could break it in properly.

WIZZO

BTW, BigBore45, thanks a million for the .40S&W. Those suckers were HOT
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:53:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 4:57:21 PM EDT by BigBore45]
Wizzo, Glad you enjoyed the ammo. Wish we could've talked more. Your XD ran well with it?

Seeing your XD40 made me want one soooo bad! Hopefully I'm going to be able to put on layaway right after X-mas. Is yours the service or tactical model?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:26:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BigBore45:
Wizzo, Glad you enjoyed the ammo. Wish we could've talked more. Your XD ran well with it?

Seeing your XD40 made me want one soooo bad! Hopefully I'm going to be able to put on layaway right after X-mas. Is yours the service or tactical model?

Yeah, it ran really well. Accurately, too.

It's an XD-40 Tactical OD. I wanted a little color because I didn't like the look of the all-black one. I'm really happy with it and I'm glad I got it.

I'm not a really good shot with a pistol, but I try. I figure the more I shoot the better I'll get so I always have an excuse to go shooting

You should have come over after we got back from lunch. I had a couple boxes of Wolf that were needing shot up.

WIZZO
Top Top