Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2007 3:47:25 PM EDT
went to gander because last time I was there they had a beretta tomcat under MSRP. didn't have one tonight but had some ARs on the rack

So I ended up going to Buffalo Gun Center since it's close to my apartment and I never go
I've heard mixed things about them, but I had a good experience. Everyone I spoke to was friendly. Ended up buying a Tomcat from them

I also noticed they have a 1 year warranty on used and a 3 year warranty on new guns
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 4:07:32 PM EDT
[#1]
It all depends on which person helps you.  When I bought my .22 many years ago, I must have spent 2-3 hours in there.  They kept bringing out rifles I'd never heard of, some quite pricey, for me to look at (even though I told them my budget was much lower).  Sometimes, its almost like they really don't want your money.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 4:31:54 PM EDT
[#2]
it probably helped that I had a specific model in mind

some of the prices I saw seemed high, but some stuff looked to be decently priced
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:27:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I have purchased everything from Buffalo Gun Center.  IMO they have the best prices on guns & ammo in WNY and also the most knowledgeable sales people.  If it is gun or gun related they have it usually in stock.

BTW do you guys target shoot often?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#4]
They do have a fantastic selection, esp for NY. I won't argue that. The prices vary. The ARs are a bit hight, but understandable considering our 'special status'. WASRs for $550, Yugo SKSs for $350 and M48s for $300 is fricking rediculous though. And yes, it probably depends on who you talk to. I have dealt with some pretty friendly people, one the other hand, I think I get discriminated against because I am younger (23 yrs) so they think I'm some kid who played too many video games. I will be ignored on end until I force someone to talk to me. When I bought a Bushmaster there, the owner game me one of these looks and said 'now make sure you take that home and read the manual before using it'. I told him I had already read the Army manual at OSUT and went ahead and gave him this look back. Oh well. I stay away if I can.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They do have a fantastic selection, esp for NY. I won't argue that. The prices vary. The ARs are a bit hight, but understandable considering our 'special status'. WASRs for $550, Yugo SKSs for $350 and M48s for $300 is fricking rediculous though. And yes, it probably depends on who you talk to. I have dealt with some pretty friendly people, one the other hand, I think I get discriminated against because I am younger (23 yrs) so they think I'm some kid who played too many video games. I will be ignored on end until I force someone to talk to me. When I bought a Bushmaster there, the owner game me one of these looks and said 'now make sure you take that home and read the manual before using it'. I told him I had already read the Army manual at OSUT and went ahead and gave him this look back. Oh well. I stay away if I can.

good reply
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:10:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have purchased everything from Buffalo Gun Center.  IMO they have the best prices on guns & ammo in WNY and also the most knowledgeable sales people.  If it is gun or gun related they have it usually in stock.

ARE you kidding me? the best prices on guns and ammo in WNY? the most knowledgable sales people? Are we talking about the same place? Harlem rd. Buffalo gun center? I get treated like a second class citizen everytime I am in there. I bought an eotech from them a few years back and asked them to bore sight it for me...the sales person said"I don't know if the gunsmith is here" then he took my AR in the back,came out ten minutes later and charged me $10 to bore sight it! ARE YOU SERIOUS? I told him to take the eotech off and give me my money back...they did! so they lost a $375 sale because they charged me $10 extra to bore sight an optic that I bought there. I haven't been in there in about a year now...and don't plan on it.

they don't just treat the young guys like stupid newbies...they treat everyone like that.

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, they do have a large selection. Service depends on which person helps you, and I haven't used their gunsmith but I've heard mixed reviews.  They are the only place I know of in the Buffalo area where you can get mil surplus ammo, and the price is usually good when you consider the cost of shipping from out of state.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 1:50:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
went to gander because last time I was there they had a beretta tomcat under MSRP. didn't have one tonight but had some ARs on the rack

So I ended up going to Buffalo Gun Center since it's close to my apartment and I never go
I've heard mixed things about them, but I had a good experience. Everyone I spoke to was friendly. Ended up buying a Tomcat from them

I also noticed they have a 1 year warranty on used and a 3 year warranty on new guns

Gander is ok a couple guys there do know some things about guns, Ron is a real nice and helpful guy.
Buffalo Gun Center can be nice at times but they easily lose patience with people and will become mouthy and DO NOT TRY TO NEGOTIATE, even $20 will get you a empty space in front of you to talk to. Their warranty, in my experience is lip service. The last pistol I bought there would not even sight in ON PAPER at 10 yards. I was given an emphatic sorry. I asked them to work it for me and was told no. Walked out unhappy.

They have a great selection and I have not seen bad prices there, better in the last few years but that doesn't make up for rudeness and arrogance. It's very difficult to leave my money there.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:57:03 AM EDT
[#9]
racking the slide on it is a bit tough, although if you cock the hammer first it racks easier. hopefully after a shooting it a bit it will get easier. My brother has a .22lr thats a similiar design as the tomcat, I'm not sure beretta's model number/name for it, and it too was a pain to rack
the tilt up barrel is nice

click for super huge resolution, I finally got a really clear pic using the macro setting I don't want to resize it

ok, the super high res is too hard to see in a browser window so I resized it to 1024x768
click for the full 1024x768 version

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#10]
The slides on the Berettas are hard to rack, doesn't matter if it's the .22 or .25, in lue of this the barrel tip-up function totally eliminates the need to "rack" the slide. Having previously owned one I can attest to their reliability and accuracy, the only reasion I sold it was becasue a good friend wanted it.  
It's a very nice little carry weapon...no point in argureing about the caliber, so lets not go there....it'll still give you a bad day.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#11]
the way I see it, it's small enough that I'll be able to carry it more often than my bigger guns, so even only being .32acp it's better than no gun
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:32:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Yep, nice pick, I got a 950BS in .25. It racks tough also................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top