Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/5/2006 11:03:56 AM EDT
Any idea?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:16:59 AM EDT
totally legal with 15 round belts
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:21:33 AM EDT
And as long as it's semi-auto, of course . There are a few members who own 1919s. I'm sure they'll be along shortly.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:24:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 11:25:48 AM EDT by insane4guns]
thanks for the fast reply.any companies or calibers to stay away from?

Time to get ride of some AR's i think.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:21:55 PM EDT
NJ 1919a4 owner here. Totally legal. I have an OOW built gun, and have had very few problems. M1-Matt also has a OOW built 1919, and he has had a bunch of problems. The Allied Armament built guns are supposed to be very good quality and about the same price as the oow guns. As Going-Incognito said, you just cant link more than 15 rounds together. A can full of 15 round link or belt segments is fine. OF course, the first expense is the gun, but them comes the tripod, and T&E mechanism (transverse & elevation) and maybe a tripod adaptor, and maybe spade grips, and links, and maybe a flash hider, and maybe a carry handle, and of course ammo...lots and lots of ammo. AT any of the blasts or mini blasts I alays bring mine, as does Matt. You can check them out in 2 different configurations, and different calibers. I prefer 308, where Matt has his in 30-06.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:36:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Fishpaw:
NJ 1919a4 owner here. Totally legal. I have an OOW ORF built gun, and have had very few problems. M1-Matt also has a OOW ORF built 1919, and he has had a bunch of problems. The Allied Armament built guns are supposed to be very good quality and about the same price as the oow ORF guns. As Going-Incognito said, you just cant link more than 15 rounds together. A can full of 15 round link or belt segments is fine. OF course, the first expense is the gun, but them comes the tripod, and T&E mechanism (transverse & elevation) and maybe a tripod adaptor, and maybe spade grips, and links, and maybe a flash hider, and maybe a carry handle, and of course ammo...lots and lots of ammo. AT any of the blasts or mini blasts I always bring mine, as does Matt. You can check them out in 2 different configurations, and different calibers. I prefer 308, where Matt has his in 30-06.

Yes I have an Ohio Rapid Fire (ORF) M1919A4 and have had many problems with it. After a fair amount of work I have it running now but it was a real pain in the ass. I would personally stay away from ORF in IMO. When you get a chance check out 1919a4.com. There are some good guys there who make great M1919s TNW, John B McGuire, Allied armament and Black Bear. Right now I have mine set up in 3006 and it only takes a few minutes to set it up for 308 or 8mm Mauser. Right now I am waiting on a chrome lined 8mm mauser barrel. When you do deceide on one make sure you request a KMP trigger and sear with your build as they are the best triggers and sears out there.
Plan on spending around $1,100-$1,200 for the gun and at least an other $1,000+ for accessories like AMMO, tripods, AMMO, linker, tools, AMMO, barrels, AMMO, links, spare parts, AMMO. Oh did I say AMMO?

Now here are some photos.

Matt
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:13:41 AM EDT

<snip> OF course, the first expense is the gun, but them comes the tripod, and T&E mechanism (transverse & elevation) and maybe a tripod adaptor, and maybe spade grips, and links, and maybe a flash hider, and maybe a carry handle, and of course ammo...lots and lots of ammo. </snip>

He forgot the spare room OR add on room you need for DISPLAY.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:37:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2006 4:38:29 AM EDT by M1-Matt]

Originally Posted By Lion_Dog:

<snip> OF course, the first expense is the gun, but them comes the tripod, and T&E mechanism (transverse & elevation) and maybe a tripod adaptor, and maybe spade grips, and links, and maybe a flash hider, and maybe a carry handle, and of course ammo...lots and lots of ammo. </snip>

Naaah you do not need a spare room just sleep with it like I do.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:29:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By M1-Matt:

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:04:53 AM EDT

What you do not hug your beltfed every morning?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:59:31 PM EDT

What you do not hug your beltfed every morning?

Oh, that'is my problem, I don't have one. If I did I guess I would.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:31:05 PM EDT
We need to do a New Jersey 1919 shoot. Oh wait a minute, most of the ranges here get pissed of when you show up with one.
Top Top