Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/15/2005 4:53:18 AM EDT
Hi all, I just was looking into Brooks gun club (Rush, NY), I was wondering how many of you all shoot there, what the range regs are, if I can use legal hi-cap mags, anything like that. I currently shoot at brockport and they dont allow anything more than 10 round magazines, and limit the shooting to slow strings of fire. Anything like this at brooks? is it a cool place? Just fishing for opinions, if joining there would be a good move or not. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:34:55 AM EDT
I am a member there. Threre is officially a limit to what mags you can use, but as long as you act properly, show range courtesy, act safely etc no one bothers you. No bump firing or full auto allowed. Fine with me. They have ranges of 50, 100 and 200 yards. It is only a small part of the club space as they are mainly into trap, skeet and sporting clays. They also have several pistol bays. They covered the shooting area of the rifle range this year. You need to be a member to use the facilities, but you can bring a guest and family members. Interestinly enough, while the rifle range is comprises only 10% of the land, it is over 1/3 the insurance cost.

They facilities are normally opened Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays. The ranges are normally opened 365 days from sunruse to sunset. Even trap and skeet is available as the facilities are automated. Trap and skeet shooting cost $3.00/25 clays. You cannot bring your own clays for trap and skeet. It is how the club helps cover the costs of maintenance etc. You can bring clays to use as targets at the rifle range and pistol bays. All rifle and pistol shooting is supposed to be against the backstop. No setting up targets in the middle of the range.

I have had no problems there and no one has stopped me from shooting what I want. Just follow the rules and show some courtesy and common sense.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:46:23 AM EDT
sounds like a decent place, I've been to the facilities and apart from the ranges has nice facilities. Apparently I can get a membership for $25 since i am a full-time student, which beats the snot out of any alternatives.
Top Top