Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2009 4:49:51 PM EDT
Guys,

Spent a couple of hours at Brookhaven today. Nice time.

Didn't look over at the 50 yd area, but there were quite a few EBR guys at the 100. Lots of optics out there today.

There was a guy right next to me with a Colt Match Target lower and some M4 style upper I could not identify. What caught my eye was that it did not have a muzzle break. I've never seen any M4 type upper without one. Interesting.

Down the line a bit were three guys shooting a small arsenal of EBRs. One of the three guys owned several Bushys...all of which were tricked out with VFG, optics, Magpul trigger guards and MIADs, etc.

One of those three guys was shooting what I assumed to be a build....'cause it was on an LRB Arms lower.

Unlike last time at Brookhaven, the cease fire calls came quite often...which was great for me. I'm still sighting in the rifle I'll be using at Peconic next month.

Nice guy to my right was still sighting in his Bushy (I had seen him there the last couple of Saturdays). He was also shooting a very nice M1 with modified sights. He let me take a peek...and they really were very crisp looking––for lack of a better word.

At about 3:30 or so, the clouds moved in and there was a noticeable drop in temp. I stayed till about 4 and then hit the trail.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:59:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Was it busy?  I think my father wants to go there tomorrow.

I probably should have tried to work this weekend since it's the first weekend I've been free in a long time. (that and the fact that I've worked a grand total of twice since mid November. Gotta keep my foot in the door. )
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Was it busy?  I think my father wants to go there tomorrow.

You know, things there have definitely picked up since the dead of winter. Back in Jan/Feb, there were only a handful of wacky bastards like me out there in the cold. They were doing a good business today.

Lots of room though. 200yds was wide open.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:12:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I was there today too. Itwas a nice day to be outside shooting. I was on the 100yrd line shooting a black Bushy (Omega rail, VFG, LaRue BUIS, CTR stock, etc) and a FDE RRA middy (Omega rail, VFG, Aimpoint, E-mod stock). What were you shooting?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:26:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Brookhaven is covered right? anyone shooting in the rain?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:53:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was there today too. Itwas a nice day to be outside shooting. I was on the 100yrd line shooting a black Bushy (Omega rail, VFG, LaRue BUIS, CTR stock, etc) and a FDE RRA middy (Omega rail, VFG, Aimpoint, E-mod stock). What were you shooting?

I had one of my Colts out...the Match Target HBAR 20". It was NIB up until a week or two ago when I began the whole sighting process. It had been the safe queen since sometime last year.

The SAFS course in which I'm enrolled out at Peconic next month requires that you bring a rifle with no brake...and a 20" barrel. Only one of mine fits that bill.

Also, much to my shame, I was the guy who upon arrival at the range, ran out to set up a new target without bringing out a board. It was a manly, manly moment for me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:30:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, much to my shame, I was the guy who upon arrival at the range, ran out to set up a new target without bringing out a board. It was a manly, manly moment for me.

Oh, now I remember
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#7]
^ You're now in elite group of probably only 5 or 6 hundred people who have done that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top