Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2012 7:11:44 AM EDT
Check out this article about bacon-flavored soda.  Haven't tried it yet, but I will.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/cityofate/2012/03/lockhart_smokehouse_offers_bac.php

Lockhart Smokehouse in Dallas serves my favorite brisket in the Metroplex.  The burnt ends on Thursdays are incredible!  Their jalapeno cheddar sausage is pretty dang good, too.

Just thought I'd share this gem with the TXHTF.  Enjoy.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:37:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Mmmm...burnt ends .  How do they prepare them there?  One of my favorites I've found when traveling is out in Orlando, they do more of a shredded style burnt end (think pulled pork).
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 8:14:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Mmmm...burnt ends .  How do they prepare them there?  One of my favorites I've found when traveling is out in Orlando, they do more of a shredded style burnt end (think pulled pork).

Lockhart does not shred theirs.  It is literally just the ends of the brisket.  It comes in highly marbled cubes of meat with a thick crust on the outside.

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 8:38:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Have to remember that place next time I'm down that way, tough finding good bbq joints up here in McKinney.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top