Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2012 4:14:20 PM EDT
Anyone know the laws for car carry in SC?  I know there's no reciprocity but I'm wondering if I can keep it loaded in my glove box?
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Handgunlaw.us

Click on SC.  I hear that site is pretty good, but I have not used it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#2]
From the above linked site:

RV/Car Carry Without A Permit/License
Anyone who can legally own a firearm can carry it loaded if contained in a closed Glove Box, Console or Trunk. Their law is very specific on the only locations where it can be carried.
SECTION 16-23-10. Definitions.
When used in this article:
(1) “Handgun” means any firearm designed to expel a projectile and designed to be fired from the hand, but shall not include any firearm generally recognized or classified as an antique, curiosity, or collector’s item, or any that does not fire fixed cartridges.
(10) “Luggage compartment” means the trunk of a motor vehicle which has a trunk; however, with respect to a motor vehicle which does not have a trunk, the term “luggage compartment” refers to the area of the motor vehicle in which the manufacturer designed that luggage be carried or to the area of the motor vehicle in which luggage is customarily carried. In a station wagon, van, hatchback vehicle, or sport utility vehicle, the term “luggage compartment” refers to the area behind, but not under, the rearmost seat. In a truck, the term “ luggage compartment” refers to the area behind the rearmost seat, but not under the front seat.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:01:54 PM EDT
[#3]
SC does NOT honor GA's CCW. That state sucks with regards to reseprocity. Read the statue but I believe you have to have it locked up with ammo locked seperatly. SC badly needs to fix that....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top