Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2003 8:39:59 AM EDT
Well now I hear that Brian HAS in fact secured his FFL, and WILL be opening the shop up around the end of August!!!!! If that's so (HiramRanger, don't spoil this for me now!)I know a couple of people who will definately be sending some business his way!!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 8:56:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Well that's good news... I can only assume that repeated calls to Brian have gone unanswered because he is getting ready to open.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#3]
im holding my breath
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:17:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
im holding my breath

Still holding?
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 11:47:48 AM EDT
[#5]
does anyone know where he is reopening ? .. as in .. where his shop will be ? ..
i cant waite ..
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 2:34:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I have heard of a location, but until I confirm with Brian I am not offering any speculation.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 2:47:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I've heard of the location too, but I think I've already done enough speculatin' already! All I know is that I'm really pulling for him.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
im holding my breath

Still holding?

turning blue
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#9]
My apologies if this has been discussed before, but did the stores closing have anything to do with the robbery that took place?
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 8:39:52 PM EDT
[#10]
No
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#11]
10-4

Well, whatever the reason, I hope everything goes well in the future. I used to go to "B&T", and I liked the new place as well. It was nice to walk into a place and see a shitload of black rifles on the wall.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:50:19 PM EDT
[#12]
AMEN!!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 11:01:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Just got off the phone with Brian... heading up to the new shop to see it now and find out details.  I will share what I can when I get back.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 11:25:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I LOVE being right!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 12:03:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 12:27:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Just got off the phone with Brian... heading up to the new shop to see it now and find out details.  I will share what I can when I get back.

Well? It's been an hour-and-a-half! What's the deal?
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#18]
location ??????????????????

new business name ?????????
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 2:05:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Location is on Central Ave, not far from the last store.  He has gutted the new place and is doing majot renovations, this place is going to be awesome looking.  I was there when the carpenter was plugging away and Brian, myself and a guy from an alarm company were discussing the new security system.

I am hopeful that sometime next month they will be open... maybe September.  Definitely in time for a pre-Gunstock gathering in Albany for folks to stock up.

Brian promises to throw a pull-out-the-stops Grand Opening excuslive for ARFCOM.  He hasn't forgotten your support in the past or your support through the most recent troubled times.  The Northeast's premiere gunshop is back!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 2:17:54 PM EDT
[#20]
A premier gunshop dont get shut down for months
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
A premier gunshop dont get shut down for months

It does when one of the partners is engaged in criminal activity.  You got something constructive to add, by all means, if not shut your mouth.  Did you ever even visit the shop?  Good luck finding anything around here that even came close to the inventory B&J had.

So once again, unless you know what you are talking about, shut your mouth or be proven the fool.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Somebody needs a midol
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Somebody needs a midol

And somebody has managed to once again prove what a juvenile little boy he is.  Have you nothing better to do then troll?
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:04:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:40:00 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't know the name to be... we didn't get to discussing that.  Just the renovation of the space (think rustic wood paneling, lots of windows, very airy and bright... hunting cabinish) and the continuing saga of dealing with the government.  Anyway, he looks good, positive attitude and he is gonna run this place the way he wants... his old partner held the place back from it true potential.  Shop will be roughly 2,500 square feet and he has an additional 2,500 feet of storage for inventory.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#27]
HR ... will he still be selling safes again ? .. just wondering .. cant waite to see it open ..
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Guys, what I know I've told you... the more I learn the more I'll share.  I'm sure he will be selling them, I just don't know if the new location will be conducive to displaying them.  The shop is on an upper level of a two story.  Much better for security purposes, not as great for displaying...  Don't imagine he will be lugging 1,000 pound safes up a flight of stairs and then down after they are sold.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:03:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#30]
It does when one of the partners is engaged in criminal activity. You got something constructive to add, by all means, if not shut your mouth. Did you ever even visit the shop? Good luck finding anything around here that even came close to the inventory B&J had.

So once again, unless you know what you are talking about, shut your mouth or be proven the fool.

i guess u should pick ur business partners better or take care of it urself

i been there and they did have a great selection
but this guy let down his customers by not watching what was going on.

Should have nipped this in the bud

im glad this dude was able to get his FFL reinstated proves he was exonerated
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 3:21:30 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Somebody needs a Midol

And somebody has managed to once again prove what a juvenile little boy he is.  Have you nothing better to do then troll?

I am glad Brian finally has gotten his situation ironed out with the feds and I'm sure the new shop will be very nice and I wish him well.  You however need to take a chill pill and stop acting like a little school girl every time someone says something you don't agree with when it concerns B&J's, staff/mods or the Avila's.  You deify these people and take things WAY to seriously.  they're just mortal beings, just like those who have the right to express their opinion about them which is all Roger did.  Chill out big boy!  Wish Brian good luck for me!
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 6:39:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Sorry guys, I don't deify Brian, although it comes close with Ed. Sr.  I've known Brian for years and know his faults about as well as anyone on this planet.  However, this guy nearly had his life ruined for doing exactly what Roger says he should have done... taking his partner's illegal activity to the authorities and putting a stop to it.  Had he turned a blind eye, he would have been guilty as an accessory.  There was nothing Brian could have done to prevent what his partner did.  When he became aware of it he did the only thing he morally and legally could.  As a result he has lost his livelihood for nine months.  He was run through the ringer by authorities with a bottomless wallet.  He went through the nightmare that you all bitch about, David vs. Goliath.  And what support does he get?  Smartassed remarks.

Attack me all you want, say what you like, I 'll deal with that just fine.  Cast dispersions on the innocent and I will defend them.  If you don't like that, well that's just fine with me.  But know this, if you were in that position I would back you with the same tenacity.  I stand by my friends and yeah, I get protective.  If that is the least of my character flaws I'll be able to look myself in the mirror just fine.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:10:32 AM EDT
[#33]

If that is the least of my character flaws I'll be able to look myself in the mirror just fine.

Unless you've lost weight since I last saw you it had better be a big mirror.
Please tell Brian I wish him the best. Glad he's worked out all his problems.
Gerry
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#34]
LOL, actually I'm on Atkins Ger, 5 pounds so far in the first week...  Next time you see me I'll only me a moderately fat bastard.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:02:20 PM EDT
[#35]
This is great news Hiram!  I'll definately be up there the friday after the bar.  Maybe we can get together for lunch or something, before I sprint back down to take care of last minute Euro preps.  Tell Brian I look forward to meeting him.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 12:10:32 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
LOL, actually I'm on Atkins Ger, 5 pounds so far in the first week...  Next time you see me I'll only me a moderate fat bastard.

Oh yeah....like the term "moderate" could ever be applied to you!
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:32:48 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
LOL, actually I'm on Atkins Ger, 5 pounds so far in the first week...  Next time you see me I'll only me a moderate fat bastard.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, I was eating less than you this weekend paly...  No alcohol, no sweets, minimal carbs...  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 12:41:00 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, I was eating less than you this weekend paly...  No alcohol, no sweets, minimal carbs...  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Yes, 'tis true, but I wear it better.

Besides, I was referring to your "Immoderate" lifestyle in toto, irrespective of your girth. Let's not get our knickers in a twist now Dearie...

D'jever notice guys, how bitchy the ol' lady gets when she's dieting? <running for cover>
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:58:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Well I figure if I lose some weight it will get everybody back to picking on me for the important stuff... like being an obnoxious asshole...

And damn straight I'm getting bitchy.  Today was one of my colleague's birthdays.  Our secretary brought in a platter of pastries...  Damned hard not to touch them as I walked past them a good 20 times today.  Oh well, I'll just be over here eating particle board protein bars...
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 4:11:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Thanks Bob, was wondering where I left the dog's toys...  thanks again for the ride down to see Rich this weekend, was a lot of fun.  Looking forward to Gunstock!
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 2:26:44 PM EDT
[#42]
I noticed this evening a big B & J Shooting Supply sign on the north side of Central Avenue (the opposite side of the street from the old store) just a short distance east (towards downtown Albany). I didn't get out of my car to look for signs of life in one of the buildings there, however. Is that where it's gonna be?
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 2:48:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Since the sign is up, I guess its safe to answer.

The new shop will have the name mentioned above, located at 1702 Central Avenue on the second floor of the building housing Subway and Enterprise car rentals.  Shop is scheduled to be open by the middle of August, September 1 at the latest according to Brian.

Everyone getting excited?
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 3:20:18 PM EDT
[#44]
YAY!!!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#45]
AB-SO-FREAKING-LUTELY!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:43:45 AM EDT
[#46]
funny he is keepin the same name ..
anywho .. bout time .. cool ..
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 10:15:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Excellent news Hiram - Congrats to Brian! Can't wait for the place to open. If by chance he needs any assistance in getting things ready I could spare some time to help set up.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 3:26:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Guys. I was there last night... since my last visit the wood paneling has been put up, the new ceiling hung and they are preparing to lay down the slate tiling on the floors.  This is going to be just awesome.

By the way, there is no sign hanging up yet.  The sign seen on the North side of the street is from their original shop that closed more than 2 years ago...  Guess nobody has moved in their since.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 3:27:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:11:46 AM EDT
[#50]
HiramRanger,

I wondered why you gave an address on the south side of the street after I mentioned the sign on the north side. Guess I tricked it out of you. Not on purpose though.

[fixed a misspelling]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top