Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/30/2006 1:43:18 PM EDT
Metro's finest busted a SUV on I-40 this afternoon, shutting down I-40 @ Fessler's Lane for hours.

Seems he was visiting the 'hood & sold some AKs, Uzi's, etc. along with some sort of explosives. Metro exploded the so-called "bomb" on the side of I-40 instead of moving it.

Traffic was shut down for hours, I hear.

It'll be interesting to see if the guns were semi or full auto conversions?????

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:34:29 PM EDT
Guess where my job is? Fieslers and Elm Hill. We hear a lot of blasting from the construction on Briley so would not have known any diferent. Traffic wazs thick at 3:30pm but it moved I have to go past the Projects there a lot.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:36:46 PM EDT
I heard about it. I put on my commando gear and grabed my two way and went down to help but they sent me away when I got there.

Don Arron said that they had tracked the suburban from the hood and a bike patrol spotted it hitting the interstate. They found a unspecified item in the vehicle that was deemed an explosive and the padded suits were called.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Authorities shut down all eight lanes of Interstate 24/40 in downtown Nashville Monday afternoon after stopping a sport utility vehicle and finding firearms inside.

Handguns, a sawed off shotgun, an AK-47 rifle and body armor were found in the vehicle after it was stopped for failing to signal a lane change.

The SUV had been part of an on-going investigation believed to be involved in selling weapons at area housing units. The vehicle had been spotted earlier in the day at the J.C. Napier housing projects.

Officers also found a device inside the vehicle that was detonated on suspicion it might be an explosive.

A man, a woman and a 2 month old were in the SUV when police stopped the vehicle on the interstate. As of Monday evening, the adults are in police custody.

Police believe the man arrested at the scene was a convicted felon who is prohibited from having the weapons.

Traffic backed up for miles in both directions as the interstate was closed for 75 minutes. It reopened about 3:15pm.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:26:00 PM EDT
Be kinda hard to charge someone with an explosive device after BATF blows the GD thing up, IMO.

Still no charges filed as of today. If the guns were all semi, & the seller was legal, might be funny if Metro has egg on their face with no illegal charges to be filed. Wonder if they'd be pissed at BATF if that happens???????
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:37:37 AM EDT
Come on now, Serpas was never know to be "publicly" wrong. What are you thinking?
This guy will have a jacket 1' thick before the week is over. Not that he doesnt already but he will period!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:46:02 PM EDT
Still no charges filed as of today.

Seems to me, a first year law student could get the "probable cause" thrown out, i.e. no turn signal for a lane change. I mean, GD, are they serious about that shit??????????? Have they never driven in Nashville???????????
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:53:15 PM EDT
Say the news clip of the detonation! Seen bigger booms out of black cats. Maybe they were on the way to hunt gooses over at 70 South and I 40. Poor Duckies. Game people had to run ballistics on the shotgun to link it to the owners. Gawd I love this town!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:29:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fiannafal:

Game people had to run ballistics on the shotgun to link it to the owners.

What??????????????????­?????
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:42:25 PM EDT
Channel 2. I swear I couldnt make up this good a story. Poor Duckies with there heads under water.EVIL HUNTERS. Maybe the SUV crowd needed a short barrel for the short range shots at the gooses. LIke maybe baseball bat range. Thats why they had the young un with them. Family values. WARNING PUN This way Metro can kill 2 birds with one arrest.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:15:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:29:38 PM EDT
Are you talking about the dumbass who was duck hunting out by the Carmike movie theaters in Bellvue?????????
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:02:53 PM EDT
Yes and sorry for the Hijack. Plus it was 2 hunters.
Top Top