Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2007 11:57:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 12:05:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Update

Authorities have evacuated Building 44 at the Johnson Space Center because of reports of a man with a weapon, according to a JSC spokeswoman.

There were reports that several shots were fired, but NASA spokesman Bill Jeffs would not confirm that.

Houston Police were at the scene.

It was not immediately clear whether anyone was missing or injured.

NASA security got a phone call at 1:40 p.m. about a person with a weapon at Building 44, an office building where engineers work on communications systems.

It was unclear what kind of weapon was involved.

People were told to leave Building 44, and workers in other buildings were told to remain there.

Building 44, which sits in the middle of the 1,600-acre Johnson Space Center campus, includes offices and two labs. It is an engineering facility for communications and tracking involved in space shuttle work.

From television helicopter camera shots on Channel 11, many Houston Police cars were seen around the building.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope this aint another diaper wearing astro-nut on the rampage!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 3:07:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Ended badly. Things are going to get really interesting at work next week.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you work at ESTL?
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Dave223 did you hear about it before you left work, I sure didn't!!!!  I work dayshift this weekend, I guess we will probably go through cavity search at the gate for a couple of weeks.  Oh well.................
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#6]
You know what, we got a phone call from a relative and watched it break on the news before the first email notification went out... We went looking for you and your scanner hoping to get some info
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I left a few min after two, no idea what was going on until a clerk at home depot said something, Tony called a few min later.  What's ironic is yesterday I tried to talk to some of the sheeple at work about planning ahead for something like this and got the old deer in the headlights look.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:20:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw the news copter before heading into work at around 2:30PM.  Was wondering what was going on...  It's a shame that it happened...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top