Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 4/17/2007 2:23:01 PM EDT
Was listening to their show today on 106.7 WJFK and boy are these guy's anti gun. They firmly believe all guns should be confiscated and you should only be allowed to own one gun period. They kept asking for people to call that owned lots of guns and whenever some would call up they would just ridicule the person and hang up on them. Anyone else happen to catch the show they were throwing out so much BS about gun polices that were so completely wrong it was sad.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 3:34:51 PM EDT
I caught just the tail end of it.
I thought Mike was a gun owner, apparently I'm wrong.
Fuck'em. Bunck of holier than thou pricks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 3:45:43 PM EDT
they were cool like 15 years ago...as soon as they got national they became assholes....
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 4:12:07 PM EDT
I stopped listening to them years ago. They ridicule anyone who disagrees with them. If they know they can't win the argument, they just hang up.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 4:12:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By trio:
they were cool like 15 years ago...as soon as they got national they became assholes....

+1. I listened to them in high school and thought they were funny. Kind of fell off the radar since I got bored with morning chatter radio - I need music to wake my non-morning-person-ass up.

Buttclowns.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 4:53:09 PM EDT
Elliot was sticking up for us this morning.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 5:29:30 PM EDT
and not just a 'Don and Mike' boycott, but how about a boycott of O'Mearas Restaurant, in Old Town Manassas?

and while we're at it, how about any of the advertisers, buying airtime on WJFK, 106.7.

-tc
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 5:42:15 PM EDT
I heard it....What a bunch of snivveling bitches...

They absolutely knew nothing about firearms or firearms laws but sure didn't mind spouting off like they did.

I just hate it when news, radio, or other public people put out wrong information just to hear themselves talk......It makes it so much harder to re-educate people on what's really true/law.

I agree, boycott them both, that damn restaurant, and their sponsors.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 7:33:50 PM EDT
They took them off in Norfolk and the Beach a long time ago, no love loss here.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 7:41:43 PM EDT
You should have heard Tony Kornheiser on Washington Post Radio (107.7) this morning. He was screaming about how "guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people," and how one can "walk into a supermarket and buy an automatic assault rifle." Sure would like to know where these supermarkets are.

If people weren't driving like crackheads, I would have called Kornheiser and told him to stick to sports. Even then he's not that good...
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:25:16 AM EDT

boycott of O'Mearas Restaurant, in Old Town Manassas

Amen, hit them were it hurts in the pocket!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:58:37 AM EDT
Don & Mike became super-libs a few years back. Mike is the worst, loves to jump on any excuse to jump in with his far left opinions. Their "news" at the end of the show long ago turned into the "make jokes about Bush" hour.

These guys used to be funny, used to have a huge audience. Now they're just another load of crap to ignore.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:26:35 PM EDT
I heard there liberal drivel that day as well. I will longer listen either.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:48:31 PM EDT
All this is why I listen to 630 AM!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:50:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/20/2007 4:54:43 AM EDT by larrycwdc]
Who's this Don and Mike of whom you speak?

Oh ... You mean Dawn (the ingratiating, tasteless boor) and Mook (his witty, if bumbling, foil). Boycott 'em? They've long since departed the stage I survey for entertainment. Judging from the ratings reported periodically here, they've not much audience left.

If they were younger and less stout ... and if they could endeavor somehow to be entertaining without the artifice that convinced me some time ago to change the dial ... they'd qualify as the successors to WMAL's Hardin and Weaver Show.

The Dawn and Mook Show is radio to be missed.
Top Top