Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/4/2005 10:25:48 AM EDT
Officials refuse reward for bow hunters who spotted marijuana farm

YAKIMA, Wash. (AP) — Mike Gambrell thinks he and a buddy should get a reward for reporting a marijuana farm while out bow hunting. But that's not how officials see it.

Gambrell said four men came after him and his friend with rifles after they spotted the plants. The pair said they used a walkie-talkie to alert a friend, who called 911 on his cellular telephone.

Gambrell said he later learned of a hot line offering up to $5,000 for tips leading to the seizure of marijuana, but was denied any money. Officials said tips have to be phoned into a special 1-800 line, not 911.

"To have guys chasing you with firearms, I mean, we should get something out of this deal," Gambrell said. "The people running this program, they just don't want to give up the money. It's a joke."

Capt. Mark Couey said a tipster must call the hot line before alerting any other law enforcement agency and then call back within two weeks. "I feel for him, but this program is designed specifically to entice people who would not otherwise normally come forward."

State troopers and county sheriff's deputies seized 1,079 marijuana plants but found no one to arrest.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:42:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AR15fan:
Capt. Mark Couey said a tipster must call the hot line before alerting any other law enforcement agency and then call back within two weeks. "I feel for him, but this program is designed specifically to entice people who would not otherwise normally come forward."

Then fill out for 5571 and get it notorized with three proofs of ID and two of residency but all within the confirmation time required for their congressman to recognize the citizens actions while standing on one foot. Don't promise rewards you're not willing to fulfill.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:52:33 AM EDT
who cares... you got dope off the streets and away from the kids.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:13:47 PM EDT
If they want money for it, tell them to join the sheriff's dept
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:23:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By notesinhispockets:
who cares... you got dope off the streets and away from the kids.

They obviously care! 5,000 bux isn't something to shrug off... Duhhhhh
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:41:41 PM EDT
It's not like there were looking for it. If they were looking for it and their goal was the cash they would have called it in correctly.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:26:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/4/2005 7:26:53 PM EDT by pieeater]
"To have guys chasing you with firearms, I mean, we should get something out of this deal," Gambrell said.

They stumbled upon some scumbags engaged in an illegal activity. They pissed their pants and called 911, and now the government should give them money?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:24:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/4/2005 8:24:59 PM EDT by Kisara]
If he doesn't get paid, then I hope it serves as an example to NOT call the damn fake reward line. Better yet, everyone there should call in to jam the lines with their piece of mind, ring up the bill if its an 800 number, and call in lots of bogus tips.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:30:27 AM EDT
They should have taken the guys out with bows. Then our state would pass some law against "assault bows".
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:56:08 AM EDT
LOL!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:48:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By notesinhispockets:
They should have taken the guys out with bows. Then our state would pass some law against "assault bows".

Yeah, no bows with a detachable quiver and pistol grip are allowed.

Does anyone else think this narkline smells of either undermining or discrediting the police?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:12:46 PM EDT

Does anyone else think this narkline smells of either undermining or discrediting the police?

NO! It is a tip line run by a certain agency you call that line give them info and you could recieve a reward. They did not, they were trying to save their own asses after they stumbled into something. And now like they think the government should pay them money.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:05:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pieeater:

NO! It is a tip line run by a certain agency you call that line give them info and you could recieve a reward. They did not, they were trying to save their own asses after they stumbled into something. And now like they think the government should pay them money.

I'm not talking about the bowhunters, I am talking about the 1-800 number. You have to call them BEFORE the police or any other agency knows about it? It sounds like they are trying to get the jump on it so they can either say the police aren't doing their job or that they can do it better because the cops are incompitant.
Top Top