Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2004 10:12:12 PM EDT
Today our range burned down! One of the two fires in boulder county today was in the Lefthand canyon range. Caused apparently by a fellow shooter. Sad news. Hopefully this won't affect us long term, since this is one of the ONLY safe places we have.

Dont burn stuff,

NW
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:48:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard about this.. what exactly does "burned down" mean?

It's a big gutter of trash for the most part.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#2]
shot there Thurs.  bummer!  not good with the other anti-shooting on BLM land ideas floating around!!  it is a dump.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:12:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Someone on the news last night said "caused by a ricochet, sparking off a rock". Yeah, if he was shooting steel jacketed ammo. More likely a cigarette. Nobody'd be dumb enough to be shooting tracers in the forest, would  they.....?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:13:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Sooo.. is it open for shooting now, or is it closed down?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:17:44 PM EDT
[#5]
i walked up last Monday and saw no fire damage at all.  2 people were shooting there.  the fire damage looks real bad when you get past the greenbriar restaurant and look up to the right.  if this fire leads to a ban, i'll call B.S. on it being a shooter who was at the range.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:56:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Good to know. I havent been up there since the incident. I'm kind of curious how that would happen too. There are quite a few 4x4's up there above us. But it must have been us... right?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:04:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Heard on the news this morning that the guy was shooting exploding targets. And he is being billed for the cost of fighting the fire.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:23:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Tannerite, 60 kilobucks.

Hope he had a helluva fun time.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:26:16 AM EDT
[#9]
tagged... so I can ask
'official" sources on monday
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Yesterday:

No burn. (maybe one would be beneficial)

Minirant: I hate it when the dumb frat jocks bring their girlfriends up and don't bring any hearing or vision protection. Better yet is when they only bring one set. Oh well, I wait til it's the girl's turn to get the protection, then bump 30 rounds off the shoulder.. they get the idea quick.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:39:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow, what a mess.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:10:39 AM EDT
[#12]
that's sickening..

when WE go shooting, we always leave it better than when we showed up.  its sucks to see people do this.  no wonder non-shooters have a bias.  not to menition the lack of safety.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#13]
A member of my gun club in Durango burnt down 2 storage bldgs with his FLARE gun!!!  Fired a round off and started a hell of a fire!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top