Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2013 5:14:34 AM EDT
Just a quick follow-up from a trip I recently took.

I stopped at both LL Bean and the KTP on the way home from a short vaca and wanted to report how disappointed I was with the selection of ammo that was available.  The shelves were more bare than most shops I've seen!  And what they did have was either very low quality/highly priced or very expensive, oddball higher priced.  It certainly was not what I expected to see.

The firearms they had were pretty well priced from what I saw, anyway.  They both had a lot of Winchester  in 3030 and their prices were nominal for them considering condition with some in the mid $300 range.  Handguns were well represented but nothing to write home about.  They both also had a ton of accessories and mags were everywhere for $21/30 round P-mags for AK and a few bucks more for .223 rifles.  Certainly would have made Malloy wet his pants thinking how tempting it will be for his CT subjects to be tempted to fondle them and maybe even buy a few!

Still could NOT find a single nicely made (heavy weight) "MAINE" sweatshirt without a hood!  What the hell?  Does everyone have to dress like TM?  I don't like hoods but could not find one shop that sold them.

Rome
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:25:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I was at the Kittery Trading post a couple of weeks ago and found the same thing. I ran into a guy at Cabelas the other day who drove down from ME to buy some ammo. He said the clerk at Kittery told him they put out 400 boxes of ammo a day and you have to get there at opening time and fight the rush to get any. Not sure how true that is. If I owned a store I would put it all put and let it sell. Holding it in the back does not generate profits.

How about a nice Connecticut sweatshirt. Since everyone is leaving I bet you can find plenty.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:48:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I was in Ellsworth, Maine about a month ago. When they got in bricks of bulk .22's they were splitting them into Ziplock bags of 100 rounds. $10.00 per bag. They said .22 was still very hard to come by up there. They had some gunpowder but nothing I was looking for.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:56:33 AM EDT
[#3]
It's tight everywhere, .22/9mm are the worse!

Snagged this a couple of weeks ago

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top