Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2003 4:03:52 AM EDT
....At least that's the rumor.  Seems poor Hound got home late from playtime, and was late for a 'help the neice-in-law' function.  This crossed the Line Of Death with SWMBO, and now his pants won't stay up.

I suggested a big wallet full of 'In Bookhound We Trust' $500 bills, and a pocket full of hankies in the other side for when the tears start during the apology.  At least it would cushion sitting down.

Perhaps you other married guys can help our fearless leader.  What do -you- do after yer a$$ gets chewed off?
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:25:26 AM EDT
[#1]
There are several routes to take.

first step:  You have a cell phone, she knows you have a cell phone, use the damn thing as soon as you realize that you're going to be late.  Set a definite time to be home and stick to it no matter what.  If you gotta take a cab, take a cab. (learned the hard way on this one)

second step:  If you failed to heed step number one, Two words "I'm Sorry".  For christ sakes if you're a married male, it should be one of the automatic responses.

third step:  Flowers, even if your wife, signifigant other, etc.... dosen't care much about flowers, a nice bouquet placed on the mantle with nothing said should get some notice.

fourth step:  Schedule some personal time with said angry woman.  Dinner (Bennihana's, Sundial) and a Movie (not Ventura Cinema)/Range Trip/Hike in the woods, should help smooth things over.  Be sure to pay with the special Bookhound edition 500 dollar bills.

If these don't work, well, sounds like you're really up sh!t creek with out a paddle and the soft sounds of banjos are floating through the woods.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:11:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually, Mrs. BookHound was VERY pissed for about fifteen minutes.  She got over it.  All is well.  We got to the school about 20 minutes late, but found (as I suspected) all the volunteers were just standing around waiting for someone to tell us what to do.  It took the organizers about 30 more minutes before they were ready for us.  

By the way, flowers don't get it in our house.  Either clothing or jewelry is the gift of choice for the Mrs.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:38:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Actually, Mrs. BookHound was VERY pissed for about fifteen minutes.  She got over it.  All is well.

That's what they want you to believe...
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 8:48:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Actually, Mrs. BookHound was VERY pissed for about fifteen minutes.  She got over it.  All is well.  We got to the school about 20 minutes late, but found (as I suspected) all the volunteers were just standing around waiting for someone to tell us what to do.  It took the organizers about 30 more minutes before they were ready for us.  

By the way, flowers don't get it in our house.  Either clothing or jewelry is the gift of choice for the Mrs.

Just give her the ol' hard high one, that'll make things better.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 10:38:54 AM EDT
[#5]
hehehehehehehehheheh
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#6]
That's always that one:

An executive spent the night with the secretary and when he woke up the Sun was already rising.
He called home and yelled:  
"Don't pay the ransom!  I managed to escape!".

My wife would not buy this one, but perhaps it might work for one of you guys...

Link Posted: 10/28/2003 3:52:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Book wrote:

Either clothing or jewelry is the gift of choice for the Mrs.

And DeBeers says 'Thank You'!

Or can gifts from Victoria's Secret achieve the same result?

Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:05:02 AM EDT
[#8]
No, Shane Company and Shane Company only.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 3:49:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Whatever happened to the days of "shutup woman or I'll give you the back of my hand!"?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Whatever happened to the days of "shutup woman or I'll give you the back of my hand!"?

Now we know why you are single.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now we know why you are single.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

And I thought it was because I didn't bathe regularly!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top