Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2013 11:03:11 AM EDT
Was anyone else as disappointed and left wondering WTF? It was like a strange combination of The Shining/Crow with all the Clairvoyant Clyde cut scenes and  Mean Girls with Bonnie Parker modeling, road head, and stalking female reporters. The real Bonnie Parker was no prize pig either. I was looking forward to all the Colt monitors, Remington model 8s etc. I couldn't even make the whole first episode. I grew up with grand parents that lived during that time and talked in great detail of that depression/dust bowl era and this simply didn't capture any of that or Texas  in my opinion. Bad all the way around. I guess Clint could have done something with it. Hell.... he even made Kevin Costner good in A perfect World.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 11:24:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/10/2013 11:24:15 AM EDT by JBnTX]
It was terrible.  I made it through the first night, but didn't even bother with the second night.
Sleepy Hollow got my attention instead.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:02:03 PM EDT
I just watched the first night, hoping it might be historically accurate to some degree and we'd see some of the small towns they actually robbed. I haven't recognized anything yet or even put the references together where they make sense. She mentions fooling a Kaufman county jury then referencing the newspaper reporter in Fort Worth saying something to the effect "it's on the other side of the world". Then it was "Liberty Commerce" bank? Anyone know if that's in Texas or just something made up.

I'm not an expert on any of this, just trying to look at this as anything other than another fictional tv drama.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:59:27 AM EDT
It sucked.  Couldn't even make it through the second episode.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:13:38 AM EDT
Hopefully, Emile Hirsch, the actor who played Clyde, will do a better job playing Navy SEAL Danny Dietz in the upcoming movie, "Lone Survior":

http://www.lonesurvivorfilm.com/site
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:45:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/11/2013 7:47:20 PM EDT by TXJoe]
Many blatant lies, Bonnie wasn't even with them when they killed the guy in Hillsboro she was in jail.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:29:24 AM EDT
That was a cluster fuck. Only Hollyweird could take that story and mess it up. If they would have just stuck to the historical facts, the guns, cars, clothes, different era, etc... could have easily carried the story.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:14:57 PM EDT
I agree entirely. That is what happens when you add the Cali slant and feel good revisionist history to anything Texas. Smoke, mirrors and horseshit
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:31:15 PM EDT
Family rumor is, my great grandfather, who was a "smithy" repaired Bonnie & Clyde's radiator while they where on the lam....
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:33:21 PM EDT
Like the guns.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:03:22 AM EDT

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Blade_Runner79:

Family rumor is, my great grandfather, who was a "smithy" repaired Bonnie & Clyde's radiator while they where on the lam....
View Quote

Well, if we are gonna tell stories...My Dad was born in 1919 and lived his early life in East Dallas.  Years ago when I asked him about Bonnie and Clyde he said that his older brothers knew Clyde well and hung around with him.  He was over at their family home a lot.  I can believe it because Dad's two brothers later did time in Huntsville for bank robbery... Dad said "That Parker girl was known to be bad and Clyde was very bad and when her and Clyde got together things just went from bad to worse"...

CSB, I know.  Sorry, just thought it might interest you.

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:51:05 AM EDT
Depending on the current incarnation of Hollywood to do good treatments of anything even remotely historical is like asking your dog to rebuild the transmission in your car. It'll never happen in a million years.

It's like the Midas Touch in reverse; everything Hollywood touches turns to chunky diarrhea.
Top Top