Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2012 11:53:22 AM EDT
http://m.bolivarmonews.com/updated-man-arrested-and-charged-with-planning-to-shoot-people/article_2ca40008-3004-11e2-89d5-0019bb2963f4.html?mode=jqm

I know this guy. My friend used to date his sister. He was always a bit off but never gave off the I'm going to kill you vibe. I only met him a handful of times. He'd been to my house a few and I'd been over there a couple times.

Really puts things into perspective.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 12:28:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://m.bolivarmonews.com/updated-man-arrested-and-charged-with-planning-to-shoot-people/article_2ca40008-3004-11e2-89d5-0019bb2963f4.html?mode=jqm

I know this guy. My friend used to date his sister. He was always a bit off but never gave off the I'm going to kill you vibe. I only met him a handful of times. He'd been to my house a few and I'd been over there a couple times.

Non Mobile address: http://bolivarmonews.com/man-arrested-for-planning-to-shoot-people-at-bolivar-walmart/article_2ca40008-3004-11e2-89d5-0019bb2963f4.html

not hot for a reason... interesting read
Ross said he purchased both guns, a .223 and .22 similar in appearance to the AK-15s used in the Aurora shooting
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Ross said he purchased both guns, a .223 and .22 similar in appearance to the AK-15s used in the Aurora shooting,
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 12:35:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Google images for "AK-15"

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 12:39:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 12:53:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Non Mobile address: http://bolivarmonews.com/man-arrested-for-planning-to-shoot-people-at-bolivar-walmart/article_2ca40008-3004-11e2-89d5-0019bb2963f4.html

not hot for a reason... interesting read
Ross said he purchased both guns, a .223 and .22 similar in appearance to the AK-15s used in the Aurora shooting

Thanks. I'm always on here using my phone.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"He then got to thinking about it and realized that he might run out of ammunition, so he decided that he would go and shoot people at Walmart in Bolivar. ... He would walk into the store and just start shooting people at random and if he ran out of ammunition (he said he purchased 400 rounds), he would just break the glass where the ammunition is being stored and get some more and keep on shooting until the police arrived," the statement said."

Well, at least he planned ahead.  

And that scares me.

Here's my facebook status... Some think I'm crazy or paranoid for being armed 99% of the time. Some think since we live in a smaller town nothing can happen. Some think the police will be there to help them. In Bolivar Mo a guy planned to go on a rampage at Walmart. He chose here because he could resupply if he ran his guns empty after 400 rounds. My observations are its a under 12k population town, it's a random act meaning everybody is a target and he felt safe enough in his act that he planned a resupply. He did not fear the police or an armed populace. I don't carry because I'm crazy I carry because others are crazy. I carry because I feel the need to protect myself and loved ones if need be. It's evident criminals don't obey laws or fear the police. You should carry yourself to make them fear the populace.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 2:03:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"He then got to thinking about it and realized that he might run out of ammunition, so he decided that he would go and shoot people at Walmart in Bolivar. ... He would walk into the store and just start shooting people at random and if he ran out of ammunition (he said he purchased 400 rounds), he would just break the glass where the ammunition is being stored and get some more and keep on shooting until the police arrived," the statement said."

And that scares me.

Here's my facebook status... Some think I'm crazy or paranoid for being armed 99% of the time. Some think since we live in a smaller town nothing can happen. Some think the police will be there to help them. In Bolivar Mo a guy planned to go on a rampage at Walmart. He chose here because he could resupply if he ran his guns empty after 400 rounds. My observations are its a under 12k population town, it's a random act meaning everybody is a target and he felt safe enough in his act that he planned a resupply. He did not fear the police or an armed populace. I don't carry because I'm crazy I carry because others are crazy. I carry because I feel the need to protect myself and loved ones if need be. It's evident criminals don't obey laws or fear the police. You should carry yourself to make them fear the populace.

QFT.

I live in a town with a population of less than 3K... Some people think I'm nuts / paranoid for daily carrying.

This certainly reaffirms my choice to carry EVERYWHERE... ALWAYS.

Been kinda rough these last couple weeks too...

Doctors have me on new medicine for my diabetes that always makes me feel like my guts are being ripped out from the inside.

I wake up every morning to get dressed and have been staring at my EDC gear going... "Man... I REALLY don't feel like carrying all that extra crap today."

Then I figure... Well... The one day I don't have it with me will certainly be the day I need it.

Eh well... Be safe out there guys. Lots of fruitcakes out and about these days.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 2:51:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that scares me.

QFT.

I live in a town with a population of less than 3K... Some people think I'm nuts / paranoid for daily carrying.

This certainly reaffirms my choice to carry EVERYWHERE... ALWAYS.

Been kinda rough these last couple weeks too...

Doctors have me on new medicine for my diabetes that always makes me feel like my guts are being ripped out from the inside.

I wake up every morning to get dressed and have been staring at my EDC gear going... "Man... I REALLY don't feel like carrying all that extra crap today."

Then I figure... Well... The one day I don't have it with me will certainly be the day I need it.

Eh well... Be safe out there guys. Lots of fruitcakes out and about these days.

Completely unrelated, sorry... you should ask your pharmacist about what your taking. Some diabetes medications, such as metformin, can cause really bad diarrhea. What some doctors don't tell patients is that they need to taper their dose up. It can take up to 2 months of slowly increasing the dose so your body can adjust to it. Don't know what you started on, but wouldn't hurt to give them a call and ask... Because no one likes diarrhea

Now back to the OP...
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 on the metformin.. and a good endochronologist makes a huge difference.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

A Whut?

Endochronologist? Do they use an Endochronometer?

Endocrinologist....... Dang!
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Tough on the diabetes...
I agree with your stance on carrying though.  I try not to stop on the way home from work if I can help it, but go back out later.  
Can't carry on the premisis even at work.  UGH.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
endochronologist

A Whut?

Endo-chron-ologist - A doctor that tells you the best time to smoke your medicinal marajuana? Or the doctor you take your kid to when they swallow a Timex?
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Try 2000 mg of metformin AND IBS!

You find out that IMODIUM is your best friend.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#15]
LOL... Sorry to derail the thread so bad.

I was on Metformin about 2 years ago... And it did the same thing to me... Even after 2 months of trying to make it work.

Couldn't function with the problems it was causing... So I went hardcore on controlling my diet and that was enough to keep my blood sugars in check...

Now 2 years later things have gotten a bit worse and I'm back to needing the meds.

They put me on Glucatrol... And I honestly think it's WORSE than the Metformin was.

I called the Doc... He told me to stick it out till my next follow up.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Folks can't think you are crazy for carrying if they don't believe you are carrying.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 7:46:29 PM EDT
[#17]
so how did they stop this guy?  did he go thru with it?  im guessing not but not sure how it ended and don't feel like looking it up lol
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 8:06:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
so how did they stop this guy?  did he go thru with it?  im guessing not but not sure how it ended and don't feel like looking it up lol

From what they said on the news, his mother turned him in.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Folks can't think you are crazy for carrying if they don't believe you are carrying.

Absolutely the truth.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 11:01:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 2:57:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely the truth.

When you teach ccw you have to be a bit more open.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:43:03 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Google images for "AK-15"

http://www.meleetech.com/ar15/ak-15.jpg

So where does that fall on the media gun description/picture chart?  AK47 or M16?

That's definitely a Glock.

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:43:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

A Whut?
http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsG/7174-13247.gif

Endochronologist? Do they use an Endochronometer?

Endocrinologist....... Dang!
You wanna put a clock where???  

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#24]
I've received two calls for a ccw class today. Both cited this event as an eye opener for a small town.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#25]
That kid has been to my house too. Made the unfortunate choice of not knocking once.

And he was more than a little off Keith.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Why hasn't there been more media coverage of this?  I saw a short story about it on the local news, and that was it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Why hasn't there been more media coverage of this?  I saw a short story about it on the local news, and that was it.

As far as I'm concerned... Thats a good thing.

Already enough nut jobs in the news to give guns / gun owners a bad name.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:56:00 PM EDT
[#28]
It made CNN, msnbc, fox and I saw my old professor post a pic of it in a Turkish newspaper. It made news.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:10:15 AM EDT
[#29]
The media is what gives all these crazies their ideas.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:45:26 AM EDT
[#30]
With luck this douche will follow the Aurora Shooter's lead and be more successful in his endevors in jail.  Maybe they will forget to take away his shoelaces or something.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Attacking Wal-Mart in Bolivar in November he sure thought this through not like large percentage of the population would have a deer rifle aka sniper rifle in their truck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top