Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 5:19:08 AM EDT
Left hand side of the page. Apparently someone took pot-shots at 3 people target practicing in the Kuna Mora area that we go to. I did not see the article on their web site.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a chance to quickly read the article, sounds like an asshat with a deathwish.

The first thought I had was,  glad nobody got hit and that this would be an excuse to close the area

...then my mind began to wander, dare I say "fantasize" about being in that situation  (with the Boise Milita of course)  mostly involved laying down suppressive fire while snipers take their positions and wait for the Darwin award candidate to seal the deal.  The end consisting of a head held high....mounted on jollyrogers bayonet as we parade back to camp.

I didn't have a chance to study the arcticle, but it sounded like it was to the east by the freeway?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#2]
No it would be west of I-84. The article says it was near where the RR crosses Kuna Mora. Thats west of the Interstate and a little to the East from where we shoot (I'm pretty sure at least). Not right next to us, but not to far away!!

I'll bet he shot while they were setting up targets, etc. I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to shoot at 3 guys actually standing around with weapons.

Also, the event took place at 7:30 pm yesterday. I could not help but think that maybe those guys had been shooting for some time and had been somewhat careless about it. Maybe the shooter was just giving them a taste of their own medicine.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
...then my mind began to wander, dare I say "fantasize" about being in that situation  (with the Boise Milita of course)  mostly involved laying down suppressive fire while snipers take their positions and wait for the Darwin award candidate to seal the deal.  The end consisting of a head held high....mounted on jollyrogers bayonet as we parade back to camp.

Hmm, and when we proudly march back into "camp" each of us says at the same time: "Well, I'd better get on home now so I can change my underwear!!".
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#4]
What a crazy deal.  The area they're talking about is if you were to get off the interstate on exit 64 and head towards Kuna, the road curves around and you have to cross the tracks.  When I go out alone I turn in to the shooting area right after I pass the tracks, and drive back in the hills.  I can see exactly where it would happen.  Not even a mile from where we were on saturday.  I cant help but think of why the 3 guys didnt shoot back.   I hadnt really considered that the three dudes that called the cops might have been doing something stupid to make someone want to shoot at them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:33:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'll bet he shot while they were setting up targets, etc. I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to shoot at 3 guys actually standing around with weapons.

Did you notice that when we went out to change targets I had my rifle with me
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes I did notice, better than having some fucktard drive by and swipe it.

Yeah, no telling the actual happenings.  ricochet or poor backstop ect. could have the "shooter" just trying to be noticed with a few signal shots.  I have been rained on by lead shot and had to make some noise by yelling and a few blasts.  That being said, landing pot shots close to others out there would be really, really dangerous for both parties.

Hell, I have seen fights on the golf course for not hollerin' FORE!!

I'll be out there tomorrow at 5:30 or 6. (after work) with just my AR.   probably just go to the desert O.T.A. though and get some shooting in.  The weekend is filling up with the Fort Boise Gun Show and all
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I always thought that was just for whistle pigs.........however, I think from now on I'll make sure to
carry one of my rifles out to change targets..........you know, just for whistle pigs.

Wish I could meet you out shooting Luckypunk, but I have to work late tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#8]
desert O.T.A.?  Is that Orchard training area?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:33:32 PM EDT
[#9]
10-4

BTW check this out in general www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=387340
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Unsure if I'lll be able to make it out, we'll see.

As for the whistle pigs...you never know when a six foot, 200 lbs., pissed off whistle pig with a death wish and an AK is going to want to start something.  That's the real reason I do it, the rabbits and whistle pigs we might have been able to blast on the way out would have been cool too.  It's a dual purpose thing I guess.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top