Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 9/27/2005 6:22:03 AM EDT
It seems a dangerous place to be all of the sudden. You guys see this?

Idaho Statesman

Pretty off the wall stuff happening out there. And these *have* to be the guys we saw camping out there Saturday.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#1]
It was the guys camping there. I just watched the noon news and they were interviewing the same guy that walked up to us and wanted the coat hanger to break into one of their cars. It does not look to good for the guy that got ran over.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw that article and first thought of those guys that came up to us asking for a coat hanger, sounds like Spiff can confirm this..  Yeah, there's a place I would like to camp, gun fire every day all around you....NOT!  It's too bad the guy got hurt, but they are just asking for trouble camping out there.  Maybe next time you guys can come to my "shooting range" out by Star...I bet it's safer!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#3]
A guy at work was telling me about this today, immediately I thought of that guy wanting the wire.  Weird indeed.  I actually was wondering if that was the guy that got ran over, guess not.

Glad you had a good time BiggSlic!!  I'd be up for trying out a spot by Star sometime.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't know that was considered a resivior.  I thought it was like a pond.  :)  I guess there are actually even FISH there.  :-)
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I didn't know that was considered a resivior.  I thought it was like a pond.  :)  I guess there are actually even FISH there.  :-)

I know, I was telling one of the gals at work about how we were laughing at them while driving down the slope because who in the hell would camp there. No fishing, no nothing. She says "Oh no, my husband has caught Crappie in there before!" Egg on my face.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:45:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Yea, I guess it is good crappie fishing, too.  :-)  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:53:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I don't get it............
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:44:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't get it............

Hmmm...play on words I would guess.  Crappy instead of "Kroppy"
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hmmm...play on words I would guess.  Crappy instead of "Kroppy"

Now I was wrong once several years ago, so you never know, but I'm pretty sure the actual name is "Crappie". So neither Kroppy nor Crappy fit.

BTW, I just ordered me a Polish Tantal kit. Chambers 5.45x39. Has a folding stock. So very cool.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I was meaning that he was pronouncing it crappy instead of the correct- crappie (said like kroppy)  But I dont know fish at all, and I'm probably saying it wrong.

OOhhhh a 5.45?!?!  That should be sweet, a nice plum furniture set would be awesome!!
Oh yeah, did you ever put the semi-auto trigger in your romy build, and if so, did it solve the slow-mo bolt problem?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:03:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
OOhhhh a 5.45?!?!  That should be sweet, a nice plum furniture set would be awesome!!
Oh yeah, did you ever put the semi-auto trigger in your romy build, and if so, did it solve the slow-mo bolt problem?

I got the hammer put in, but as it turns out the majority of the interference was coming from to tight of a bolt carrier to receiver fit. I took a fine sanding stone and worked the upper rail on the receiver down bit by bit until the carrier moved easily up and down. There is still interference with the new hammer in place but I think I'll let it go until I see how the rifle works.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top