Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 2/5/2006 10:10:27 AM EDT
So when's the next get together guys?  Anyone available to go out on Sunday the 12th?

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:40:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Possible.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure if I'll make it this month?
I have to get moved, then the knife on the 16th.
Should have a fast recovory though, he's just removing my broken bolt.
I might come out with ar10er, just to watch.
But my girlfriend dosn't think I have the ability to just watch????
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not sure if I'll make it this month?
I have to get moved, then the knife on the 16th.
Should have a fast recovory though, he's just removing my broken bolt.
I might come out with ar10er, just to watch.
But my girlfriend dosn't think I have the ability to just watch????

OMG, That sounds like gory details (that I'd like to know about)

I could make it
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#4]
The last time I shot some of AZ's guns, my back was hurtin so bad I had to sit in the truckSo I have to get that fixed ASAP.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:26:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The last time I shot some of AZ's guns, my back was hurtin so bad I had to sit in the truck
So I have to get that fixed ASAP.

Well you can shoot them from a wheel chair if need be so don't fret Joey.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:37:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The last time I shot some of AZ's guns, my back was hurtin so bad I had to sit in the truck
So I have to get that fixed ASAP.

Well you can shoot them from a wheel chair if need be so don't fret Joey.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:02:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I can make it on the 12th. Either that or the 18th or 19th. I'd lilke to get out one of these weekends because I'll be gone the weekend of the 25th and 26th.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:42:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I can make it on the 12th. Either that or the 18th or 19th. I'd lilke to get out one of these weekends because I'll be gone the weekend of the 25th and 26th.

Why not both?

BTW: I got signed up for the concealed carry class at the end of March.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Why not both?

Both works for me!! How did your Kimber shoot? Did you shoot better with it than with my Springfield? Also, I got two of those metal stands for the little steel poppers. Had them out last time, I think they worked out well. The base of the target sits about waist high, much better than the ground. Though it did not seem to help my aim any................

BTW: I got signed up for the concealed carry class at the end of March.

Cool!! Always good to have company, I'll bet Ethan ends up not going.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:45:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I actually didnt get out with the Kimber  But I'm going out this weekend for sure.  Do the stands that you built do anything different with the splash back we were getting?

No Ethan huh, why's that?  

Is it March 31 yet?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I actually didnt get out with the Kimber  But I'm going out this weekend for sure.  Do the stands that you built do anything different with the splash back we were getting?

No one complained about any splashing, and I did not notice any.

No Ethan huh, why's that?  

He hasn't said that he isn't going yet. It's just that 80% of the time he says he's going to do something he doesn't.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
No one complained about any splashing, and I did not notice any.

I got hit by some.  Just a tiny dot.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#13]
No splashing from the popper targets, but while shooting lefty, I did take some pretty good tokes of powder/gas from the G3.

oh, sorry jollyroger....your time will come
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:58:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yes...yes it will.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:20:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
No splashing from the popper targets, but while shooting lefty, I did take some pretty good tokes of powder/gas from the G3.

The wife noticed the ENORMOUS grin on Luckys face after he dumped the mag out of the uzi. She asked why there were no video of me, and I told her it was because Ryfter could not get my whole grin in the view finder.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:59:00 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Yes...yes it will.

But...isn't AZ_Gun_Nut heading back to Arizona?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes...yes it will.

But...isn't AZ_Gun_Nut heading back to Arizona?

Already there... sorry JR....
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#18]
The 12th works for me.  Remember that rifle length Free Float KAC Ras I was trying to get rid of?  Well.... my M4gery is no longer so plain jane
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:37:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The 12th works for me.  Remember that rifle length Free Float KAC Ras I was trying to get rid of?  Well.... my M4gery is no longer so plain jane

Please tell me you didn't cut it?  Damn if I knew you had one for sale we would have been talking.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#20]
no, no, no... there is no way in hell I would cut on a KAC RAS! I  turned an old front sight tower into a homemade low profile gas block (even refinished it... looks great), slipped the *untouched* rifle Ras over that and installed a clamp on PRI front sight (also from the parts bin).  I also replaced the A2 upper with a flat top unit and added a TA31f .  Ill bring it out this weekend.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:04:03 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
no, no, no... there is no way in hell I would cut on a KAC RAS! I  turned an old front sight tower into a homemade low profile gas block (even refinished it... looks great), slipped the *untouched* rifle Ras over that and installed a clamp on PRI front sight (also from the parts bin).  I also replaced the A2 upper with a flat top unit and added a TA31f .  Ill bring it out this weekend.  

Sounds sweet!  What did you do with the A2 upper, want to sell it?  I'm gathering parts to put a couple lowers I have together.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:47:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Shooting on Sunday?  Let me check my calendar....  Yep, I'm in!  So you guys better hit Wallmart before I go, I'd hate to get blamed for buying up all the 9mm again.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds sweet!  What did you do with the A2 upper, want to sell it?  I'm gathering parts to put a couple lowers I have together.

I have 2 A2 upper recievers (bushmaster) taking up space in my parts bin, lets make a deal .  I also have a lightly used post ban standard h-bar (bushmaster) barrel/hardware sitting around if your interested in that.  Unfortunately I wont be able to get to them for a couple weeks since my parts bin/shop is a hundred miles south of Boise
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have 2 A2 upper recievers (bushmaster) taking up space in my parts bin, lets make a deal .  I also have a lightly used post ban standard h-bar (bushmaster) barrel/hardware sitting around if your interested in that.  Unfortunately I wont be able to get to them for a couple weeks since my parts bin/shop is a hundred miles south of Boise

Hmmmm, what might you be looking to get for those uppers pray tell?  and the barrel I would be interested in also depending on the length.  Evil features are not necessary.  IM with what you have and what you need to get and we can go from there.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:15:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Hmmmm... it looks like the Home shopping network (in the UK) got its hands on some AK47s.  Check it out!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Finally dug up a picture from one of the earlier shoots we had.  You can see Spiff, Luckypunk, Jollyroger, and ar10er all posing for the camera.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:44:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:55:44 PM EDT
[#28]
That's just not right, Ryfter.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
That's just not right, Ryfter.

Ryfter is the guy on the right......who wins the prize as the dorkiest of the dorks. Spiff did not make it to that shoot!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#30]
So 10 am Sunday at the Shell Station accross from Dennis Dillon?

ETA, so JR, Doc is this good for you two? If it isn't and you guys want to run out on Sat I'll tag along. You know, so I can drink all your beer, eat all your food, shoot all your ammo!! ......drop your pistols in the dirt......
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#31]
HAHA, it looks like Charlies Redneck Angles.

I'm going to try to make it Sunday.  I really want to burn some powder.  I probably won't know for sure until Saturday if I can make it though.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:08:35 AM EDT
[#32]
I'd be able to go on Saturday.  Blasting in the afternoon and LLC talk in the evening...sounds like a good time to me.

I got my barrel and DPMS tool today.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:29:54 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
So 10 am Sunday at the Shell Station accross from Dennis Dillon?

See you there.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:37:01 AM EDT
[#34]
I won't be able to make it this weekend because i'm moving this weekend.but i'd be up for next weekend.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:40:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Well my Birthday turned out pretty good this year.

My G/F got me this:
It's an 8MM Czech VZ-24 large ring Mauser.  not much of a looker but it has good deep rifling and a smooth action.  The stock is pretty beat up but still sound.  shoots good too and not as much recoil as i thought there would be. (it's a heavy rifle) it shoots a bit to the right tho, anyone know how to adjust the sights?  I also got 140rds of ammo on stripper clips and in bandoliers and a bayonet.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/Glockman429/IM000810.jpg

I also got an RCBS 5-0-5 powder scale and an RCBS media seperator for my reloading setup.  I now have all i need to make my own ammo!hug.gif
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:37:54 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
My G/F got me this:
It's an 8MM Czech VZ-24 large ring Mauser.

Very nice!! When was it made?

I've got a German K98 Mauser (1939), great shape, has all the Nazi markings on it. When you make it to a shoot bring along the VZ-24 and I'll bring my K98. I'm not sure about the VZ-24 but the K98 is not adjustable for windage except by repositioning the sights. Brownells has a tool to move dove tail sights back and forth (~ $120) or you can just use a hardwood dowel or brass drift.

The K98 has a good solid action to it, but I've got an '03 Springfield (1919) whose action is smooth as glass.

Do you collect old rifles? Check out Big 10 Sporting goods (they have a flyer in the paper every Sunday). They have C&R eligible rifles for sale.

I also got an RCBS 5-0-5 powder scale and an RCBS media seperator for my reloading setup.  I now have all i need to make my own ammo!

Ar10er and I both reload (he's taken to stealing my brass off the ground). Heck, I'm a reloading fool. I sometimes think I shoot so I can reload!!

What calibers *are* you going to reload for (besides 7.92 x 57 )?

I just ordered 16 pounds of AA2230C powder from powder valley. This will allow me to reload the remaining ~ 2000 .223 cases I have (of course, this will not use all that powder!!). I've been using 25.5 grains of W748, or 26 grains of AA2230 for .223. Both of these are middle of the road loads. Both of these powders meter well, but if your using a scale this will not be an issue. AA2230 is a bit dirtier than 748 in my experience, but I like both powders. If your actually going to weigh (use your 5-0-5) all your loads, try Varget for .223 (you are going to reload for .223 right?). It is very temperature insensitive but it's an extruded powder so it does not meter well (though it's not as bad as say IMR 4895 which is what I use for my Garand and M1A).
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:58:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Spiff:

Yes i collect old rifles.  though i only have a couple right now including a tricked out Russian SKS, a Mosin Nagant 91/30, my new Mauser and an old bolt action 16ga shotgun.  I want to get more though. an enfield and a garand and an M1 paratrooper and.......and........and........have
I'm starting to load with the 300wsm and .223.  I've got abou 85 cases for the wsm that were just waiting for the powder scale so i can finish them.  i'll load a 180gr nosler ballistic tip over H335 to start and go from there.  the plan for the .223 will be to load varmint rounds from the cheap WWB VPs i get from wally-world.  i'll use either Hornaday v-maxs or nosler ballistic tips over Varget.  these loads will be for hunting praire dogs and bunnys out twards emmet and bunnys out in Mt. Home where we go sometimes.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Shortmag

I've kind of stagnated on the collecting (got back into building AR's). But so far I have:

M1 Garand
M1 Carbine
Model 1903 Springfield
Polish M44
Mauser K98
Yugoslavian SKS
Enfield No.4 MK1

You might be able to count my M1A as I made it from all GI parts (TRW & SA), except for the receiver. All the parts are dated early '60's. The barrel is SA (1962) brand new, still in the wrapping when I bought it (we won't even go into how much I paid for it).

I'd really like to get an Krag-Jorgenson (rifle or carbine), Enfield No.1 MkIII, Arisaka and at least one French Lebel/MAS (Model 1886 or MAS 36 maybe) . The Lebels and MAS's are damn hard to find in shootable condition these days. And the Krag's you see allot these days are carved up because they were "Sportsterized" in the '20's and '30's for hunting. Sigh.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm on much call this weekend, so Sunday's definitely out.  I'll see about someone covering Saturday, but won't know until tomorrow.

Cheers.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I'd be able to go on Saturday.  Blasting in the afternoon and LLC talk in the evening...sounds like a good time to me.

I got my barrel and DPMS tool today.

What about Sunday?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:12:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Sunday is my sleep day.  12 hour nights can be a kick in the face with out much sleep.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:57:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Looks like I may be able to make a Saturday shoot.  

Now, which one of you bought the last box of XM193PD @ Boise Gun yesterday?  I was going to pick it up, but now can only find commercial-pressure .223 around here.  Wally World is going to love me.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:22:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Is WalMart's WWB 55gr?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Is WalMart's WWB 55gr?

No box in front of me, but I'm pretty sure it is.  55gr FMJ, looks to have sealant on both primer & bullet, made in Israel (IIRC, by IMI).
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Good.  To bad I just found out my M193 is going to have to hold me over till payday.  Oh well, that's what happens when you buy barrels, upper recievers, ALICE stuff, a Kimber, and boots in about a one month period.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Commercial pressure is good. Actually probably easier on the rifle than military.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:42:14 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Commercial pressure is good. Actually probably easier on the rifle than military.

Good point.  I'm probably going to even grab a box of Wolf for blasting @ shorter range, just use the nice-ish WWB for sighting in.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:09:32 PM EDT
[#48]
I know what ya mean

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:10:26 PM EDT
[#49]
I know what ya mean, Jollyroger

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Hmm, I did that sober
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top