Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 12/30/2005 7:35:16 AM EDT
Looking for recomendations - porbably looking for SIG's, HK, and/or CZ + AR components.  No specific list at this time - start with browising and then make a purchase or two.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I bought my CZ at Buckhorns.  I know that Boise Gun Company has a lot of followers as well.  Those are probably 2 of the better known shops, outside of Sportsman's Warehouse.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Looking for recomendations - porbably looking for SIG's, HK, and/or CZ + AR components.  No specific list at this time - start with browising and then make a purchase or two.

(While reading this, keep in mind that I haven't actually shopped locally for a firearm in some time.)

You can try:

1. Sportsmans Warehouse
2. Buckhorn Gun & Pawn
3. Boise Gun Company
4. Most pawn shops carry firearms
5. Cliffs reloading carries firearms (he has also added a large selection of holsters, etc., might be some tac stuff in there also)

I think that unless you’re just looking for magazines, slings, holsters, scopes, etc. Your better off using the Internet, especially with more esoterical accessories. Most of the shops here in town don't stock parts per se, although they can order them. Jollyroger saw an EOTech at Boise Gun Company, but for the most part I think you'll find ACOGS, Aimpoints, EOTechs and such, far and few.

Just about any gun store will probably carry SIGS and ARs. Not sure about HKs. And most will not have CZ unless its a used one.

Last time out I broke the slide stop on my 85B and didn't even bother calling around. I just jumped on CZs web site and ordered it. It took two frick'in weeks to get here. Hindsight being the beautiful thing it is, maybe I *should* have called around first.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#3]
BTW, if you go into any local gun shops, looking for AR15 parts... THEY will tell you, that you can buy the part, but you will have to get the rest of the AR15 with it...  I got to the point that when they started with that stupid joke, I wanted to STRANGLE them.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:00:38 AM EDT
[#4]
All of the shops mentioned above are good places, and I've seen Sigs and HKs in all of them IIRC.  Also dont forget Ponderosa Sports in Horshoe Bend Idaho.  Its only a short drive and the guy has a good selection.  I bought my Sig there, he has HKs, CZ's, AR's, AK's, FAL's, M1A's etc. etc.

I, like Spiff, order small parts, magazines and other accessories online too.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:16:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Alpha Omega, I was just there yesterday, some small parts. He thinks I really need a AK.
Right next door is a pawn/gun shop
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:24:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm not trying to criticize Cliff's, since they did 2 transfers for me recently.  However, I felt they catered to the Elmer Fudd/1 shot every 5 minutes crowd.  The lady there (his wife?) went off on how much Cliff hated ARs and how they were inaccurate.  Nice lady, though.  I had my upper shipped directly to me, since they described taking one of their Bushys out to test.  Why risk anyone fiddling with my RRA before I've had a chance to break it?

Cliff looked at my Sig in .357 Sig like it was made of Kryptonite.  "I won't touch it; nobody buys that caliber, and it'll never sell within a year."  He grudgingly gave me a book trade price of $400 for what he would have given if it were a rainbow-colored P239 in .40.  This guy advertizes fairly regularly in Gunsamerica, and my Sig was MA compliant.  Guess what; I sold it on ARFCom's EE within a week for $475.  

The guys at Boise Gun seem nice when not getting mobbed at the counter.  $30 for a 30rd Okay AR mag?!  $215 for 1000rds of XM193PD.  

If you're willing to drive to, or happen to visit Southeast Idaho, check out Ski's Guns in Idaho Falls.  Cool guys, very AR friendly - the guy who helped me has an M16 and an Uzi at home.  There's an M60 on display there.  DPMS multi tool, stripped and partial lowers, other misc parts.  $175 for stripped Bushy, $175 for DPMS with LPK but no stock, about $120 for stripped DPMS.  My wife likes their Scottish Terrier puppy.  He replaced Criminal, an old Scotty that ussed to patrol the shop.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I would like to get out and see some of the countryside - don't know if my command will give me the time.  Will try to make it to Idaho Falls - I leave on Monday.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:24:24 PM EDT
[#8]
If you get the chance, it can be a nice drive on highway 20.  You take 84 to Mountain Home, then get on 20.  It will take you through the desert, past Arco and the INL, or INEL, or INEEL, or whatever they call it this week.  Just call it "The Site" and people know what you mean.

As you come into town on 20, you'll find Ski's on the South, near an interesection that has Maverik and a dairy.  Hope you get the OK to travel, and the weather's good.  I've done the drive in snowstorms and whiteouts, and it's not as fun.  

You can always use the interstate for faster travel, too.

Have fun.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:10:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm not trying to criticize Cliff's, since they did 2 transfers for me recently.  However, I felt they catered to the Elmer Fudd/1 shot every 5 minutes crowd.  The lady there (his wife?) went off on how much Cliff hated ARs and how they were inaccurate.  Nice lady, though.  I had my upper shipped directly to me, since they described taking one of their Bushys out to test.  Why risk anyone fiddling with my RRA before I've had a chance to break it?

Cliff looked at my Sig in .357 Sig like it was made of Kryptonite.  "I won't touch it; nobody buys that caliber, and it'll never sell within a year."  He grudgingly gave me a book trade price of $400 for what he would have given if it were a rainbow-colored P239 in .40.  This guy advertizes fairly regularly in Gunsamerica, and my Sig was MA compliant.  Guess what; I sold it on ARFCom's EE within a week for $475.

I have no trouble believing this about Cliff. He's not the friendliest guy in the world. It's odd that you could be a "gun person", yet hate specific guns. Then again maybe not, seems with Glocks people either like them or hate them.

All I ever get there is bulk bullets for my 9mm and .45 and some Dillon stuff. Bullet prices aren't to bad, but you'll easily pay $2 more for a pound of powder than at Sportsmans Warehouse. What I like about him is that he almost always has the stuff I need in stock. Besides, I always feel I have to support the locals.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:43:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Where is Alpha Omega, I seem to recall driving by the store but can't remember what street it's on?

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:14:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Where is Alpha Omega, I seem to recall driving by the store but can't remember what street it's on?

It's in Nampa, I think it may be on Garrity.  Luckypunk can answer this one for sure, he's been there.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:32:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's in Nampa, I think it may be on Garrity.  Luckypunk can answer this one for sure, he's been there.  

they'll also probably have a booth set up this weekends gun show.  they've had a booth there the last few shows i've benn to.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Yup, prepare to see the AK alter at the Alpha-Omega table.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:37:23 PM EDT
[#14]
OK, where is the gunshow this weekend, in Nampa?  Sorry for asking so many questions guys, I'm still learning the area.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#15]
The gun show this weekend is at the Idaho fairgrounds off of Chinden.  I forget the name of the cross street...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#16]
NE corner of chinden & glenwood
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the info!

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:52:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Try Ponderosa Sports in Horseshoe Bend...Title II and tons of evil black rifles
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:02:10 PM EDT
[#19]
You know whats great about cliff....
The fact that he hates assault rifles so much that he sells you a MAK-90 in perfect shape for $200

Sucker fish!!

Hahaha
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:18:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You know whats great about cliff....

The fact that he hates assault rifles so much that he sells you a MAK-90 in perfect shape for $200

Sucker fish!!

Hahaha

Cliffs an ok guy, I was just being a hard ass earlier.

I think the biggest problem that some gun owners have with guys like us that own "assault rifles" is that they think *we* give gun owners a bad name totting our "Black Rifles" (and others) around.

And you know what? There just might be some truth to that!!
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top