Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/4/2006 6:38:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 6:42:07 PM EDT by Spudgunner]
Or maybe that should be "6B, 1A, 1G, 2C, or ?" folks.

Broadsword and Dijon are doing yet another Mountain House group buy. I participated in the last one and was totally impressed. I'd like to get involved with the present GB but I don't want enough stuff to take me over the $500/free shipping mark. I'm in for $125-$175. Anybody else interested in pooling orders so we can get free shipping? At this point I'm just trying to gauge interest to see if this is remotely in the realm of being possible. So...if you think there is a greater than 75% chance you'd be interested in pooling orders, please IM me or reply to this post.

Thanks,
Kevin

ETA: Here's the link to the formal GB announcment: LINK
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:11:48 PM EDT
I might be, except for I'm aggressively saving cash for a few different projects. But, if a few more want in on it, I'll bite.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:31:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jollyroger:
I might be, except for I'm aggressively saving cash for a few different projects. But, if a few more want in on it, I'll bite.

Ok, thanks for the response. As you can see, people have not been falling over themselves in signing-up for the pool. Let's just let this ride for a few more days and see what other (if any) responses follow. The MH group buy is a good deal...but I definitely hear the part about saving for other projects.

Stayed tuned and thanks again,
Kevin
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:33:05 PM EDT
I've used products like this while on long hiking/camping trips because it's light, and tastes darn good....but you are usually quite hungry.

Other than the fact I'm stocked on can goods- entrees, fruits, veggies, spagetti Os, ect. A few cases of SHTF "expeditionary MREs sounds likes a good Idea. (straightens tinfoil hat)

What was the price discount last time?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:28:45 PM EDT
I would be intrested in $125 to $175, after the fud gives me some of my money back.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:15:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2006 3:34:55 PM EDT by Spudgunner]
FYI: Cutoff for orders on this latest go-round is 1/20. The gory details are in the link in my original post.

Here's something that surprised me: The Seafood Chowder is excellent! I bought some pouches just to give it a try and everybody in my family gave it high marks. The Chili Mac is very good. Even has a little bit of zip to it although I suggest letting the hot water work on it a little longer than the directions specify. I was not brave enough to order the "Ice Cream".

ETA: I tried the Chicken Teriyaki with Rice this weekend. It was Ok but Seafood Chowder and Chili Mac have it beat IMO.
Page Hometown » Utah
Top Top