Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2018 3:24:11 PM EDT
Boeing friends, so I live in the Lambert approach lanes over warren county on the south side of Hwy 70 and over the past 2 weeks out of the blew a non-commercial fast mover will go screaming over my house.  the past few times its been cloudly and I couldn't find it, today one went over about 2pm and was so fast by the time I got outside I could hear him but it was way out of sight.

So what's been going up lately?  New Growlers?  Saudi F-15s?
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 10:49:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no idea but I know they have a new trainer.

http://www.boeing.com/defense/t-x/index.page#/video-player/boeing-t-x-announcement-video

It has been a long time since I have worked on any projects there but there was always a steady stream of F-15s and Super hornets both being tested and being flown in for service.

I was lucky enough to be there when Jack Jackson took his last Harrier test flight.  He set off every car alarm in the area.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 10:06:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was lucky enough to be there when Jack Jackson took his last Harrier test flight.  He set off every car alarm in the area.
View Quote
I used to go to the VP Fair just to see the Harrier.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I used to go to the VP Fair just to see the Harrier.
View Quote
I used to work on the 20th floor at 100 South Broadway... I'd go in to work on Saturday just to sit and watch the airshow without having to deal with the idiots below.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice. I worked at the North end of the riverfront for several years, and sometimes the owners would have a party on the roof of the 13th floor for the fireworks. It would have been a great place to watch the air show.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You're probably seeing airplanes in town for the airshow.
View Quote
???

What air show?
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 5:58:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have no idea but I know they have a new trainer.

http://www.boeing.com/defense/t-x/index.page#/video-player/boeing-t-x-announcement-video

It has been a long time since I have worked on any projects there but there was always a steady stream of F-15s and Super hornets both being tested and being flown in for service.

View Quote
It's probably that.  I assume this trainer has less powerful engines than the 15 or 18?  It does sound more higher pitched and not as low and aggressive as a 15 or even the slightly higher 18
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 11:55:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 9:34:40 PM EDT
[#10]
i work on McDonnell Blvd a qtr mile south of 270 and i can hear those hot rods at my desk most every day.  if I'm lucky enough to be outside, it's usually an f15.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 11:06:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There are two T-X demonstrator airplanes that are mostly getting used for VIP rides now.  Single engine, small airplane.

Most likely you've been seeing F-15's and F-18's.  There is a boat load of F-15's on the ramp waiting on delivery, and I suppose it's possible the stock pile in Idaho is flying home before one final check out and delivery to the Saudi's.
View Quote
Everytime I'm waiting on a flight in the terminal at Lambert a greenish with gold color'd nose F-15 goes full vertical on take off.  It's a weird looking plane.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top