Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 10:01:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Just exercised my "FJB, FJI, FBF, F each and every WAstateDemLegislator, except Tim Sheldon" attitude one more time

Since https://www.brownells.com/.aspx/bapid=833/ClientPage/mag-dump-for-washington-gun-owners, until June 24th, "Brownells will donate $2.00 for every aluminum Brownells AR-15 magazine sold to the Washington-based Second Amendment Foundation (SAF). SAF is currently planning to file a lawsuit against suing the state of Washington"

, which still works as of 5 minutes ago, even with discount codes applied

10off100 or 20off175 or 30off250 or 45off350

Link Posted: 6/4/2022 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#2]
If you guys want OKAY 20rd mags Rainier arms still has them, in black for $11.99

Buyer beware of brownells aluminum mags! Few years ago I ordered 40 of them (lime green followers) when Wa started their mag ban noise. Last month I found this thread: https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-List-of-Brownells-Bad-Batch-Date-Codes/17-693270/?page=1

Randomly opened packages and inspected some of my mags. Every one of them, both the 20s and the 30s had this on each side
Attachment Attached File

And some looked like this
Attachment Attached File

I emailed and asked for an exchange. Got nothing from them. Thats when I said fuck it and went on an OKAY surfeed buying freenzy. These brownells will stay with me I guess. Good cannon fodder mags.

Link Posted: 6/4/2022 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you guys want OKAY 20rd mags Rainier arms still has them, in black for $11.99

Buyer beware of brownells aluminum mags! Few years ago I ordered 40 of them (lime green followers) when Wa started their mag ban noise. Last month I found this thread: https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-List-of-Brownells-Bad-Batch-Date-Codes/17-693270/?page=1

Randomly opened packages and inspected some of my mags. Every one of them, both the 20s and the 30s had this on each side
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/525/20220521_051700_jpg-2407392.JPG

And some looked like this
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/525/20220521_051431_jpg-2407393.JPG

I emailed and asked for an exchange. Got nothing from them. Thats when I said fuck it and went on an OKAY surfeed buying freenzy. These brownells will stay with me I guess. Good cannon fodder mags.

View Quote

Yep. I bought 3 of the brownell 20s and they all had that flashing (not the “cracking” you’re pointing to).  10 min with the Dremel corrected their poor manufacturing.  They have otherwise been good mags.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:03:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Did and inventory of all of my mags this weekend looking to see where I'm short. I ended up picking up a couple of Beretta 92fs 17 round mags, a couple BX-25 mags, and a couple CMMG 25 round 22lr mags.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Except for one order of scorpion mags, Im finally done.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:57:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I’m about all full up for mags. Hopeful to maybe get some of the Sig 15 rd 10mm mags here pretty quick. Otherwise I’m good for now.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:50:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Once again, Don’t forget replacement parts like springs too.

On a side note:  If you have BDM or HK/Walther/Umarex MP5 .22LR Magazines, the 12” springs for the Gen 3 BDM magazines will work, but with a reduction in capacity for the BDM magazines.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:57:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Got springs for each series of mags I own.

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:02:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Scorpion mags (dont have one yet), and a few more oldschool 15rd mecgar mags for p226 just because.

Ok, now Im done

Link Posted: 6/9/2022 9:07:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, I think I’m good at this point, I have enough AR alloy and Pmags to last several lifetimes and I’m more than good on AK mags.  

I made sure that I have at least 12 mags for each type of rifle and pistol I own.  This excludes AR15 and AKM magazines since I have been stocking up on them for years now. Hell, even 12 magazines for firearms I don’t even own yet.  

I’ll probably make one more small order this weekend and call it quits after that.  All I can say is that I am glad that I’ve been stocking up on magazines for the last 17-18 years!!  If I didn’t, I don’t think I’d meet the goals I have set for myself.

I’m still bleeding out my backside since I brought several HK MP5/SP5 30rd and 15rd magazines and them things, Sig MPX mags, are not cheap!!

Question.  Since we’re on the topic of magazines, I brought some Israeli surplus Uzi magazines and a few of them have some rust, that’s deeper than surface rust.  What grade of steel wool would you use that wouldn’t scrub off all the parkerized finish to remove most of the rust?  Also, what type of oil/lubricant, other than Breakfree would you use?

Good luck to everybody in our last days to buy magazines!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah, I think I’m good at this point, I have enough AR alloy and Pmags to last several lifetimes and I’m more than good on AK mags.  

I made sure that I have at least 12 mags for each type of rifle and pistol I own.  This excludes AR15 and AKM magazines since I have been stocking up on them for years now. Hell, even 12 magazines for firearms I don’t even own yet.  

I’ll probably make one more small order this weekend and call it quits after that.  All I can say is that I am glad that I’ve been stocking up on magazines for the last 17-18 years!!  If I didn’t, I don’t think I’d meet the goals I have set for myself.

I’m still bleeding out my backside since I brought several HK MP5/SP5 30rd and 15rd magazines and them things, Sig MPX mags, are not cheap!!

Question.  Since we’re on the topic of magazines, I brought some Israeli surplus Uzi magazines and a few of them have some rust, that’s deeper than surface rust.  What grade of steel wool would you use that wouldn’t scrub off all the parkerized finish to remove most of the rust?  Also, what type of oil/lubricant, other than Breakfree would you use?

View Quote

I've switched over to using brass wool for rust removal. Seems to remove rust just as well while being easier on finishes.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#12]
With the recent shootings and renewed focus on magazine bans at the federal level (the House passed a mag ban, but hopefully there aren't enough squishy RINOs in the Senate to vote for it...), distributors have had their inventory of standard capacity mags obliterated.  RSR went from close to two hundred thousand PMAG30s (all varieties) in stock to NONE.

I looked at their inventory of 30rd 223/556 mags last night from all manufactures (excluding Magpul), and it was around 38,000.  Today? 33,000 and shrinking.  Most of the ones left are purple, orange, red, blue, pink or have weird/stupid graphics
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 2:34:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Bought 6 last night, just because FJI, FBF, FJB, et al

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/magpul-pmag-30-round-black-2a-foundation
"The net proceeds from each of these magazines sold will go directly to the Second Amendment Foundation to help fund legal action to defeat this unconstitutional bill"

Link Posted: 6/9/2022 2:57:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I think/hope I'm done. Just put in an order for half a dozen extendo mags for 40/10mm/45acp Glock. Everything else is covered.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 8:28:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I've switched over to using brass wool for rust removal. Seems to remove rust just as well while being easier on finishes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

@bergunx

00 steel wool Is what I would use if I was going the route you mentioned. However, All steel wool will remove some of the park finish though. I would recommend using naval gel and then degreasing them and then painting them or a super thin spray on finish. Ceramic or other style coating. I have a bunch of uzi mags that were in the same condition you mention. Mineral spirits to clean them up and then re coat the outsides after a good scrubbing. I bought a 50 pack of the uzi mags from robertrtg a long time back for cheap because they had imperfections. I went through the same challenge.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 10:07:43 AM EDT
[#17]
not having much luck finding old style Beretta M92 F/S mags....for an M92 with the mag release on the lower part of the grip.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Boil them for a bit (15ish minutes) in distilled water, this will convert the red rust (ferrous oxide) to black rust (ferro-ferric oxide). Then go over then with a carding wheel, or 0000 steel wool. Depending on the rust it can take multiple rounds of boiling and carding, but this will leave all the metal on the gun, just convert the rust to a nice blue/black.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 8:43:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
not having much luck finding old style Beretta M92 F/S mags....for an M92 with the mag release on the lower part of the grip.
View Quote

@gwitness Numrich has a variety of beretta magazines for sale including euro mag catch and ankle catch mags. check link https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/beretta/92/magazines-92?page=2
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

@gwitness Numrich has a variety of beretta magazines for sale including euro mag catch and ankle catch mags. check link https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/beretta/92/magazines-92?page=2
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet!....ordered up a bunch, best price I've seen as well, Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Went to Skagit arms today to try on a p320. There was a line out the door. They were doing 10% off all firearms with hicap mags. Went to the sig counter hoping like hell I would hate it. Fuckin loved it!

$499 with 10% off. Came with 2 17rd mags.

Link Posted: 6/11/2022 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Went to Skagit arms today to try on a p320. There was a line out the door. They were doing 10% off all firearms with hicap mags. Went to the sig counter hoping like hell I would hate it. Fuckin loved it!

$499 with 10% off. Came with 2 17rd mags. Got 20 17rd'ers and 11 21rd'rs on the way.

NOW. IM. DONE.  

View Quote

I hate you      ordered up some more Black Dog .22LR mags.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 10:15:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

$499 with 10% off. Came with 2 17rd mags. Got 20 17rd'ers and 11 21rd'rs on the way.

NOW. IM. DONE.  

View Quote

Did you remember to buy a Walther PDP
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

GROSS! That thing's a british tart with bad teeth

Already Got a bunch of p30 mags; vp9 is next on the list.

Link Posted: 6/12/2022 12:13:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

NOW. IM. DONE.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/12/2022 9:01:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Took a stab at something you missed.

VP9 is a good choice.

Link Posted: 6/12/2022 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I *may* be able to help you out there. I have a stash.

N/M. Didn’t read down far enough. I don’t even own a 92S
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 1:39:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Does anyone know of any good deals on FN P90, Fiveseven, Steyr AUG (factory), and HK USP (all cals.) mags?
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 1:54:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Does anyone know of any good deals on FN P90, Fiveseven, Steyr AUG (factory), and HK USP (all cals.) mags?
View Quote

You’re probably getting down to the last couple days where you can order online some places. The best way I’ve found to find good deals is to find the UPC of a mag and do a google search. It should bring up the list of best prices on gun.deals. Some places have really good prices but they drop ship so it takes longer.

Here’s a USP .40 mag. 9mm and 45 are OOS. I’ve ordered from them quite a few times with no complaints.

https://ballisticdeals.com/mag-hk-usp-fs-40sw-13rd/

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 2:01:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You’re probably getting down to the last couple days where you can order online some places. The best way I’ve found to find good deals is to find the UPC of a mag and do a google search. It should bring up the list of best prices on gun.deals. Some places have really good prices but they drop ship so it takes longer.

Here’s a USP .40 mag. 9mm and 45 are OOS. I’ve ordered from them quite a few times with no complaints.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the tip, and the link.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 6:27:41 PM EDT
[#31]
If you have an XD9, Palmetto;

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#32]

Lol, yep youre right. Made one last order.

Osage county guns has the best prices on p320 mags BTW. Check-mate 17rd sig mags for $37ea. The made in italy mags are $40

I have a feeling after a year or so I may be selling some off. Been buying since they started this shit few years ago but I made up for lost time last few months. Pretty sure I over bought. Its just that I lived through the 94 crime bill and remember the price of mags. NEVER AGAIN has been my moto this year.

Got my scorpion mags yesterday. To good a deal at midway to pass up. Waiting on m14 mags, pmag 308, some more glock, CZ, p320 and ruger 10/22. Dont even have a scorp, m1a or a ruger yet.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#33]
CDNN has clear BX-25 magazines in stock for $19.99.
https://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-10-22r-25rd-22lr-clear-syn-magazine-bx-25.html
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

NOW. IM. DONE.  

View Quote

I did something similar and had the opposite effect.  I was hoping I would like the M17 and it felt cheap to me. I then compared it side-by-side with a P229 Elite and it was no contest IMO.  Of course, it better be considering how much more expensive it is.

I still don’t regret picking up 9 Mec-Gar M17 mags at $30 each, but that experience made me order more Mec-Gar P226 18-round magazines.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Dude, you think the elite is tits? Go try on a legion. I think they used magic creating the legion series. Its not even the same gun imho. Especially the SAOs.

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I hate you      ordered up some more Black Dog .22LR mags.
View Quote

The redi-mag adapter and m&p15/22 mags is the way
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Damn I've spent more on mags in the past two months,  than I have in the last 5 years.   Still don't have enough .   FU turd Ferguson and Jaydolph Inslee.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:02:32 AM EDT
[#38]
You know, it's ironic.  

My new gun purchases are on hold and my magazine hoarding is on slow boil...

...all because I'm downsizing and de-cluttering to facilitate my Idaho move.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:36:38 AM EDT
[#39]
It's a little disheartening to know that my latest mag purchase, that just arrived, is more than likely going to be my last, for a good while. That reality just sunk in. I'm kind of wanting a Magpul D60, but it just doesn't seem functional enough to justify spending the $150
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:52:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm kind of wanting a Magpul D60, but it just doesn't seem functional enough to justify spending the $150
View Quote

I limited myself to what is practical for my use. Those large mags are cool for giving the finger to these assholes, but it's nothing I'd ever actually use. I'd rather have another 10 mags for assorted guns.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 3:35:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The redi-mag adapter and m&p15/22 mags is the way
View Quote
@mk4dubbin

Stocked up on m&p mags specifically for that build in the future. What bolt/barrel Combo did you use, CMMG?

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 3:37:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It's a little disheartening to know that my latest mag purchase, that just arrived, is more than likely going to be my last, for a good while. That reality just sunk in.
View Quote

Whats sinking in for me, is all these mags Im buying for future rifles I dont have yet? It'll be all for not if they ban semi autos next year.

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Duncan v. Becerra is the only possible remedy for this encroachment now.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 10:19:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
@mk4dubbin

Stocked up on m&p mags specifically for that build in the future. What bolt/barrel Combo did you use, CMMG?

View Quote

The 4" cmmg bolt/barrel kit.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Duncan v. Becerra is the only possible remedy for this encroachment now.
View Quote

WA will continue to do as they please.   I just wish this "ungovernable" behavior would be applied to something I believe in.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Whats sinking in for me, is all these mags Im buying for future rifles I dont have yet? It'll be all for not if they ban semi autos next year.

View Quote

Same here. I guess I am going to allocate a large portion of my year end bonus on those guns. I expect grandfathering but if not, I am pulling up stakes and getting the hell outta here.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#47]

Mags

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 4:34:56 PM EDT
[#48]
I just received my latest order from aero, 10 pmags  $88.00.  3 day shipping!  Another satisfied customer.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It's a little disheartening to know that my latest mag purchase, that just arrived, is more than likely going to be my last, for a good while. That reality just sunk in. I'm kind of wanting a Magpul D60, but it just doesn't seem functional enough to justify spending the $150
View Quote

I had the same thought, then bought a D60, D50 and an AK drum because fuck ferguson.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I just received my latest order from aero, 10 pmags  $88.00.  3 day shipping!  Another satisfied customer.
View Quote

That was my resent delivery as well. Very happy with the transaction.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top