Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2021 10:31:52 AM EDT
I just picked up a small fishing boat with a mercury 9.9

I ran it in a bucket and it doesn’t “pee” . That’s a problem.

Anyone recommend someone that doesn’t charge an arm and leg for labor? Would like that issues fixed and maybe a tune up. I welcome garage mechanic too!
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 12:33:11 AM EDT
Water pump impeller swaps look easy.. do it yourself?
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 12:53:17 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By freeride21a:
Water pump impeller swaps look easy.. do it yourself?
View Quote

Yea i actually just watched some YouTube. I’m gonna give it a shot. But would also like general tune up and make sure everything is good.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 10:34:23 AM EDT
If you want to own a boat ,you need to learn to service it yourself . BOAT= BUST OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND .  The happiest 2 days in owning a boat are the day you bought it , and the day you sold it .
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:43:38 AM EDT
I'll second the question, need a good boat tech in the east valley for a 97' 200HP Vindicator.  Need a good overall tune up, cables adjusted, carbs set/synced, timing checked all the every few year stuff.

I've been doing the mechanic thing for a long time but this thing is like trying to get 6 Honda CR250's to run in sync with no pre mix and scares me to death!  Blew a power head on a 275 V-Max because I was dicking around and would rather break out a thousand versus fifteen or twenty.

No to hijack the OP's thread but there are a few of us who know how to spend a dollar wisely... However the rest buy boats!

Thanks folks!
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:40:31 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GONIF:
If you want to own a boat ,you need to learn to service it yourself . BOAT= BUST OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND .  The happiest 2 days in owning a boat are the day you bought it , and the day you sold it .
View Quote

Thank you for the insightful post.....
Top Top