Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/17/2007 4:46:37 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a someone who can blue AK's? Would like to have it in the Northern Ill area.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 1:17:35 PM EDT
There is a gun store in Hanover Park that does it. I had them blue my black powder rifle barrel and they did a nice job. I don't see why they could not do an AK. It's called ...something...&Sons, and is on Rt. 20/Lake St.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:58:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AS40:
There is a gun store in Hanover Park that does it. I had them blue my black powder rifle barrel and they did a nice job. I don't see why they could not do an AK. It's called ...something...&Sons, and is on Rt. 20/Lake St.

The Gun Doctor does nice work, they are over on Lake Street.

I finished 2 of mine with Aluma-Hyde III bought from Brownelles.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:15:54 PM EDT
You can. Brownells oxfo-blue. Its a cold blueing but, is one of the best. Just warm the metal and apply.Remove oil and grease prior to blueing for best results. I used it on a Yugo M59 that was faded and, except for the wood looks almost new.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:14:07 PM EDT
Degrease, spray gunkote, bake, and come back in an hour :-)

You can do it yourself!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:09:27 PM EDT
Actual Bluing or parkerizing?

Call Krebs
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:11:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gunman07:

Originally Posted By patriot73:

Call Krebs

Actual Bluing...

I think I will try Brownells oxfo-blue on one of my builds, and see how it turns out.

If you want old school bluing talk to Scotty at D&J, I believe he does it. Otherwise I know for a fact that the Gander Mountain in kenosha does parkerizing and bluing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:20:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gunman07:

Call Krebs

Actual Bluing...

I think I will try Brownells oxfo-blue on one of my builds, and see how it turns out.

If you want old school bluing talk to Scotty at D&J, I believe he does it. Otherwise I know for a fact that the Gander Mountain in kenosha does parkerizing and bluing.

Thanks Wayne!
Top Top