Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2006 7:45:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:02:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I went to that same station a couple weeks ago to get one of my troops legal.  He had 4 unregistered handguns and the woman only let him do 3.  She was too lazy to do them all.  WTF is that bullshit?  So much for trying to do the right thing.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate that place and they have dumb women working there............not to repeat my story, but this is where she could'nt open my Colt Python, yelled at for it and fired it to see if it was loaded.  I went thur the roof.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#3]
A name, if you remember, would be nice
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:41:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Do they provide ANY training for these people?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Please have some patience with the LEST's.They're not cops or "firearms enthusiats", but they free up cops so they can be on the streets and they have to deal with irate people every day.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:09:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:30:33 PM EDT
[#9]
When you go to DMV they don't hassle you for owning more than one car, or for cars that go fast, or are "environmentally irresponsible". They take your money in a mundane and inefficient manner. The Blue Card people could do the same too.

I have 13 on my CCW. No hassle, the gal just wanted to know what  "DWM" model P-08 was.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I went to the Cheyenne substation earlier this week to get a blue card for a Glock 21 and I ran into a loudmouth woman behind the glass. Here is the transcript...

Woman: (checking computer) You have 7 guns on your CCW???

WP: Yes, I'm 5 short of the 12 limit, I'll correct that next time.

Woman: Your NOW only allowed two, your 7 has been grandfathered in.

WP: Huh?

Woman: New CCW holders can only have 2 on a card.

WP: No, they used to be limited to two, not anymore, now the limit is 12 per card, you can have as many cards as your gun collection lets you have.

Woman: Well they should have a 2 limit then.

WP: Why?

Woman: Officer safety!

WP: I don't understand.

Woman: The more guns you have the more dangerous it is for the officers.

WP: Officers aren't in ANY danger from any CCW holder, they need to be careful around CRIMINALS.

Woman: In California they don't have citizens running around with guns.

WP: ....and Cali has a higher crime rate.

Woman: I don't think so.

WP: Well I KNOW so, go run the stats yourself on the Bureau of Justice website...statistics don't lie.

Woman: California is a more progessive state than we are but we are catching up.

WP: Then why don't you move back if it is such a Utopia?

Woman: Were done, go outside and get your gun.

that could change after all californias biggest export to Nevada is known criminals.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:13:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I hate that place and they have dumb women working there............not to repeat my story, but this is where she could'nt open my Colt Python, yelled at for it and fired it to see if it was loaded.  I went thur the roof.

And you know if you had a round in it when she did that, she would now be demanding more stringent gun laws due to her own stupidity.  That seems to be the mindset.  Don't educate, legislate....
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:24:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

And you know if you had a round in it when she did that, she would now be demanding more stringent gun laws due to her own stupidity.  That seems to be the mindset.  Don't educate, legislate....

.........was thinkin' the same thing.........
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:16:13 AM EDT
[#13]
"What's a blue card?"...............says the Northern Nevadan...............with a grin.  

---AllAlphas
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:52:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Dude, this is hilarious, in a not so funny way.

Glad you held your ground against her. She should keep her ignorant mouth shut and she won't look so stupid.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:01:31 AM EDT
[#15]
My Mother said that you can never argue with an idiot.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:30:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Her sister must work at the South Central Substation.  I got a call from the CCW office (had just dropped off paperwork for 2 ccw additions) and they said one of your handguns was never registered.  Turns out this happens every time where the gunshop loses your paperwork.  She was nice and said she would send the CCW addition request through anyway (jury still out on that one, the guy there said about 2 weeks - that was 3/9) but that I needed to get a blue card for it.  She suggested the South Central Substation on LV blvd.  She also requested I ask they to fax the paperwork to them.

Substation conversation:

lady: fill out the form and don't worry about the gun or drivers licence

(thinking she means she'll give me the gun later) I fill out the entire form as I know what model, serial number, etc. are

lady: smirking, "that's why I said to leave those blocks blank" and proceeds to change happy to glad

me: the ccw office wanted me to ask you to fax the registration form to them

lady: what, why would i do that (re: I'm :15 past my union break)

me: i have her number but it's in my cell in the car (leaves)

me: dials number hands her the cell (lady has a passing look of disgust and takes cell  --  she wasn't going to call anyone as she's :15 past her union break)

she speaks to her and then drops my cell onto the counter after the call "never liked those small phones"  [ and she's handling firearms behind the counter ]

she then makes some call and obviously is not faxing anything to anyone, just dicking the dog while i wait there like an idiot

me: can i get my gun back so i can go?

lady: you want me to fax this or what? (expecting me to wait there while she dicks the dog)

me: i don't care about the fax, the ccw office wanted it

lady: rolls eyes and meanders over to the booth to hand my gun back

she more than likely shredded my paperwork after i left.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:33:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:45:21 AM EDT
[#18]
We had a lady like that in NY process our pistol permits.  she finally went too far and lost some paper work and her arrogance cost her her job.  Report these incidents to a level where someone cares. This is not to be tolerated on a job site by any offical.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
We had a lady like that in NY process our pistol permits.  she finally went too far and lost some paper work and her arrogance cost her her job.  Report these incidents to a level where someone cares. This is not to be tolerated on a job site by any offical.

Ditto Sako!  It's not to be tolerated anywhere!    If I get that kind of rudeness at a store a tell the person and their manager.  If I don't get a satisfactory response from manager I inform them that I will not continue to give them my business, and inform friends and family the same.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:39:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Ugh, hope when I need to go to the Cheyenne station, she's not there.

Excellent replies to her. Go WP!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:51:52 PM EDT
[#21]
There is a really super nice lady behind the counter at Southeast AC. Never had a problem with her. She is very personable, knows her gun descriptions and she always has a pleasant attitude. Anytime a woman says: "You have a good day sweetheart," you know she has to be a nice person. On the other hand I have dealt with some really brain dead civvy employees at substations over the years.

I remember the employees at the substations used to be more pleasant before they installed the "Us vs. Them" glass. Those partitions take the human aspect away because it puts a physical barrier between people.

I hate dealing with someone from the other side of the glass. More often than not it increases their bad attitude because they know you can't reach over the counter and Friggin' strangle them.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#22]
for a even bigger laugh , go in and ask what the knife laws are as far as blade length and carry.

I have been told " As long as it is a hunting knife and not a fighting knife "

" you cant carry a knife at all "

" only folding knives "

" can't have a blade over 3" "

" I have no clue "

these all came from the substation in between Bonanze and Washington and also downtown metro desk sgt. At the substation I was given 4 difference answers by 4 diff LEO's.

glad they were able to clear that up for me
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:03:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"What's a blue card?"...............says the Northern Nevadan...............with a grin.  

---AllAlphas

It's for a gun that you load ammo into...you know what ammo is right? I know Sportsman Guide won't sell ammo to N NV. hr

Sportsmans Guide???????  Little advice............never buy ammo from a group that is advertising traveling urinal kits on the intro page to their website.  If I wanted shoes, leaf blowers, or a 9' thatched tiki umbrella I just might give them a call.  ho
Now about those blue cards..............are they a nice pale blue to match your Izod shirts...........or a more manly dark blue to intimidate those poor JBTs when they ask to see them????????  he

---AllAlphas
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Don't need no stink'n izod shirt.

...are they a nice pale blue to match your Izod shirts...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:01:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:11:59 PM EDT
[#27]
I feel like I've been lucky on all my substation visits.  I've never had any problems.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Long boring story : My first private party buy in Vegas

ok -
I just moved to LV like 5 months ago from NY where handguns are like dirtybombs to the ones in power. So now I am now like a kid in a candy store with the handguns being so easy to acquire here. Already bought a G29 and did the course for CCW.
So I find an older guy who is selling (because of BS Sanfransico laws -his real homes there)a gun I have always wanted - old Colt combat commander 70 series -hock.gif
- I make him an offer and he goes for it. Done deal except he wants to meet me the next week at the North-West Metro PD for the transfer (So he feels comfortable about the transfer and his blue card), I agree to this and next week roles around alls good-
Get to the office at about 4:45pm, they are open till 8pm no problem, alls good.
Just inside the vestibule is 2 Metro PD officers (male and female) so I go in and maybe 5 civilians are in there, 2 already at the counters being helped by the ladies who are working there.
My man arrives with the Colt and I hand him the cash. I take the old Colt out of its original box and check it to be clear, also ensure the 2 mags are empty. I have him hold it when I go to ask the cops if I am to just carry it in (in the box) they tell me they think so but to check with the girls behind the counter. I see on the glass doors the large (no handguns) sign but I ask anyways.
The girl I ask says "yes you need to bring it in to transfer the gun"- OK makes sense so I bring it in and my man follows me- I sign in and go take a seat.
Takes A FREAKING HOUR AND A HALF before I am called up- damn 2 asshats BS'in with the ladies behind the counter only 3 where before me!!!

As I pick up the gun in the box that has been sitting there for 1 1/2 HRS on the table in plain FREAKING view -the women who called my name starts to scream -

"IS THAT A GUN IN THAT BOX! YOU CANT BRING A GUN IN HERE!!!"

I (pissed from waiting so long and the pure incompetence of the workers there)
raise my voice and say -
"MISS - I ASKED AND WAS TOLD BY 2 POLICE OFFERS WHO THOUGHT IT TO BE FINE -YOUR ASSOCIATE SITTING THERE DOING NOTHING (fat ass under my breath) TOLD ME IT WAS TO BE BROUGHT IN!  
NOW AN HOUR AND A HALF LATER OF IT BEING IN HERE IN PLAIN VIEW YOU DECIDE IM BREAKING SOME RULE - ITS IN A BOX?!?![/

I THINK TO MYSELF FFS YOU CAN WALK THROUGH WALMART WITH A GUN IN A BOX!!!!

-So she tells me to bring it around the outside and put it in the drop box thing -
long story shorter....
-She proceeds to tell me I am rude.
-She slams my new pride and joy on her laminate counter after I asked her to put it on something soft -she counters guns don’t scratch!!??
-She asks me if I have a ccw I say the paper work is in im awaiting it - She then explains I can only have two handguns on it and I tell her your wrong again (damn I wanted to do something along the lines of a  misdemeanor charge at the least by this point!)
She tells me the two officers outside are in training - that’s why they answered my question wrong. I responded by saying "really, they seem so knowledgeable"
She’s had it with me by now , I sign the paperwork and leave with a whole new opinion of Metro PD.
Such utter bullshit from everyone there on the payroll!

I know it was long - feel like I just left therapy -
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#29]
If you came from NY, that type of service should be considered top notch
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
If you came from NY, that type of service should be considered top notchhr

Thats some funny shitz - In NY they would have called the SWAT team when the women yelled the word GUN in the PD stationhug.gif
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Go register in Henderson, I have always dealt with LEO's that were professional and helpful with very little wait time
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:54:37 AM EDT
[#32]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

---AllAlphas
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's for a gun that you load ammo into...you know what ammo is right? I know Sportsman Guide won't sell ammo to N NV.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't get it? I get cheap ammo from them all the time

anyway on to my story,

I went to the douglas sheriff station to get processed for my suppressors (two of them, one is 9mm and the other is .223) anyway I walk up to the window and the conversation goes something like this.....

me, hi I need to get fingerprinted for my forms to the ATF.

1st woman, OK, what are you registering?

me, Two suppressors.

1st woman, what is that?

me, silencers. 1 for 9mm and the other for .223

1st woman, ok

2nd woman sitting at a desk behind us, I just have a curious question, why do you need something  like that?

me, with a slight grin, because it's legal to have, I have the money to afford it now, and it's no different than somebody who drives a new Corvette, it's a matter of  desire and fun not a matter of need,.

2nd woman almost cutting me off says, and so you can not make any noise when your blowing stuff up

me, with a bigger grin, YEA, exactly.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:10:41 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Now about those blue cards..............are they a nice pale blue to match your Izod shirts...........or a more manly dark blue to intimidate those poor JBTs when they ask to see them
---AllAlphas

Those cards look more like a UN blue to me. They go nicely with the blue helmets.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

---AllAlphas

It's for a gun that you load ammo into...you know what ammo is right? I know Sportsman Guide won't sell ammo to N NV.

Out here in FREE northern Nevada we have no blue cards, no smog checks on our cars, 6.5% sales tax, and Sportsmans Guide ships ammo to our door!

Did I mention no MS13 graffiti?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:53:55 PM EDT
[#36]
No MS13???

You may want to tell the guys that keep spraying it

7% in Washoe.....isn't that North too?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

---AllAlphas

Out here in FREE northern Nevada we have no blue cards, no smog checks on our cars, 6.5% sales tax, and Sportsmans Guide ships ammo to our door!

Did I mention no MS13 graffiti?

Washoe County has smog checks no?

I said FREE northern Nevada, not Washoe County
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:36:32 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
No MS13???

You may want to tell the guys that keep spraying it

7% in Washoe.....isn't that North too?

Nope, I haven't seen any MS13 graffiti where I live
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:03:15 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
There is a really super nice lady behind the counter at Southeast AC. Never had a problem with her. She is very personable, knows her gun descriptions and she always has a pleasant attitude. Anytime a woman says: "You have a good day sweetheart," you know she has to be a nice person.

she wants you, Joe!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:59:20 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There is a really super nice lady behind the counter at Southeast AC. Never had a problem with her. She is very personable, knows her gun descriptions and she always has a pleasant attitude. Anytime a woman says: "You have a good day sweetheart," you know she has to be a nice person.

she wants you, Joe!

I like older women, but I think she's just a tad too old for me.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#41]
I have heard that Lyon county takes the full 120 days. I will be finding out soon just how long it takes

My impression is that if they take the full 120 days, they would probably prefer to not give you a permit at all
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:21:30 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Your like 67 right? How old do you think she is?

Just a couple of years older would be my guess.

OK, let me chime in and share my blue card fun story(with a different tone):
Went to one of the stations mentioned above to transfer an AR pistiol to a friend of mine. We stopped at the window outside the lobby to check in the gun.
Me(show her my blue card): Hi, I'd like to check in my pistol for a transfer, but I don't think it'll fit in the box.
Lady inside: What do you have?
Me: An AR pistol.
Lady: A what? Lift it and let me see it. Just don't point it at me.
So I opened my gun case and showed her the 7.5 incher. Now her jaw just dropped.
Lady: Are you going to start a war? That's not a pistol. You don't need to register that!
Me: Oh yes, it is. Or why would I have my blue card?
Lady: Where did you get the blue card?
Me: Gun store when I bought the receiver.
Lady: Hold on...
Then she went in and got an officer.
Officer: OK, let me see it...Holy crap! That's a rifle, not a pistol!
Me: No, it doesn't have the stock on, so it's a pistol.
Officer: I spent 5 years in the marine before I did this, and you don't think I know this is a f***ing rifle?
Me: Well, you better call the ATF guys then.
By then, the lady had found something on the book and point it out to the officer.
Officer: Well, since someone had already given you the blue card, we'll just do it for you.
Me: But it won't fit in the box!
Officer : Just stay there. I'll come and get it...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#45]
i have a blue card for my Remington XP100... 14.5" barrel, single shot, bolt action.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:45:14 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Your like 67 right? How old do you think she is?

Just a couple of years older would be my guess.

OK, let me chime in and share my blue card fun story(with a different tone):
Went to one of the stations mentioned above to transfer an AR pistiol to a friend of mine. We stopped at the window outside the lobby to check in the gun.
Me(show her my blue card): Hi, I'd like to check in my pistol for a transfer, but I don't think it'll fit in the box.
Lady inside: What do you have?
Me: An AR pistol.
Lady: A what? Lift it and let me see it. Just don't point it at me.
So I opened my gun case and showed her the 7.5 incher. Now her jaw just dropped.
Lady: Are you going to start a war? That's not a pistol. You don't need to register that!
Me: Oh yes, it is. Or why would I have my blue card?
Lady: Where did you get the blue card?
Me: Gun store when I bought the receiver.
Lady: Hold on...
Then she went in and got an officer.
Officer: OK, let me see it...Holy crap! That's a rifle, not a pistol!
Me: No, it doesn't have the stock on, so it's a pistol.
Officer: I spent 5 years in the marine before I did this, and you don't think I know this is a f***ing rifle?
Me: Well, you better call the ATF guys then.
By then, the lady had found something on the book and point it out to the officer.
Officer: Well, since someone had already given you the blue card, we'll just do it for you.
Me: But it won't fit in the box!
Officer : Just stay there. I'll come and get it...

I had the same reaction when I first moved to Las Vegas.I went to the substation to register my Tec-9 along with about 7 other handguns.The LEST didn't know what to make of it at first,But they were professional and courteous to me.Ironically, I'm now a Metro police officer working out of that same substation.Hell I think everyone (excluding criminals)should own an AR-15 pistol.It's good for home defense.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top