Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/25/2006 2:00:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/25/2006 2:03:38 PM EDT by jrgunman]
Unless you like beef jerky, same old tired dealers. with their over priced items, Terry from Rock river arms was there. said hi to him. Can`t wait for the creek, and Indy, Rant over.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:38:32 PM EDT
Nobody else will say it so I will. All Illinois gun shows suck. The ability to walk into a gun show empty handed and walk out legally with a new gun is what makes other states' gun shows cool.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:23:11 PM EDT
Princeton is just fine.

Illinois' laws suck, not all the gunshows. I can get whatever I want at Princeton after a 24hr wait.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:39:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WIZZO_ARAKM14:
Princeton is just fine.

Illinois' laws suck, not all the gunshows. I can get whatever I want at Princeton after a 24hr wait.

WIZZO

No interest in handguns?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:08:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LoadedDrum:

Originally Posted By WIZZO_ARAKM14:
Princeton is just fine.

WIZZO

No interest in handguns?

I'm 19, so not really.

I already have my first one anyways (XD-40 Tactical)

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:06:07 PM EDT
The New Berlin gun show was great, we had over 1000 people in on Saturday. I did manage to sell 5 handguns and one rifle. Just went to the Peoria gun show yesterday and bought three pistols. Course it does help being a FFL. I just cash and carry like you should be able to do.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:06:15 PM EDT
princton is a great show...enough to keep ya busy for a few hours...... saint charles(at the fairgrounds not pheasent run) is ok.... i try to hit up princton once a year...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:49:57 AM EDT
Princeton and Peoria, at the Expo Gardens, are decent. I have a friend that lives near the Indy border so now I go to the Indy 1500. I haven't been to a better gun show and ammunition store lets me call my order in so they have it there waiting for me. If you get a chance to go next month you will not be disappointed.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:09:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 10:10:06 AM EDT by BigBore45]

Originally Posted By P08:
The New Berlin gun show was great, we had over 1000 people in on Saturday. I did manage to sell 5 handguns and one rifle. Just went to the Peoria gun show yesterday and bought three pistols. Course it does help being a FFL. I just cash and carry like you should be able to do.

Were the 3 handguns that you bought for you personally? Does your FFl allow you to forgo Il. waiting period? Also did you have to fill out Peoria's stupid verson of a 4473 with your thumbprint?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:52:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BigBore45:

Were the 3 handguns that you bought for you personally? Does your FFl allow you to forgo Il. waiting period? Also did you have to fill out Peoria's stupid verson of a 4473 with your thumbprint?

As a FFL I don't fill out 4473's and no stupid waiting period. I just cash and carry across the USA. A very handy thing to have.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:17:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 4:18:20 PM EDT by mw365]

Originally Posted By Jagermeister:
Princeton and Peoria, at the Expo Gardens, are decent. I have a friend that lives near the Indy border so now I go to the Indy 1500. I haven't been to a better gun show and ammunition store lets me call my order in so they have it there waiting for me. If you get a chance to go next month you will not be disappointed.

It's not at Expo Gardens in Peoria anymore--now it's at The Oaks in East Peoria.

It's down to twice a year too.

On the bright side, they may get some more vendors now that they don't have to contend with the Peoria ordinance requiring thumbprints for handgun sales.

Link
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:41:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BigBore45:

As a FFL I don't fill out 4473's and no stupid waiting period. I just cash and carry across the USA. A very handy thing to have.

That's also a crime, espeically in Illinois.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:45:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tim84K10:

Umm what is a crime?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:30:57 PM EDT

Umm what is a crime?

Buying a gun without complying with the waiting period, 4473 or not.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:46:06 AM EDT
No offense, but you really don't know much about rules regarding FFL dealers do you? We are specifically exempt from having to fill out 4473's and are exempt from all waiting periods. Hell if I take a gun out of inventory (after owning it for a year) I don't have to call myself in, or fill a 4473 out on myself. I simple mark the gun out to myself. I suggest that you check your facts before posting next time.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:25:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/1/2006 8:32:31 AM EDT by npd233]

Nobody else will say it so I will. All Illinois gun shows suck. The ability to walk into a gun show empty handed and walk out legally with a new gun is what makes other states' gun shows cool.

Try buying a handgun in Indiana cash and carry. With your Illinois DL as ID. Watch them laugh at you.

I think you just don't get the overall mission of the gunSHOW. If they were just for selling guns cheap and quick it'd be called gunSALE or gunMarket.

The gunshow is kinda like the hardware store, except that you can go to the hardware store any day you want, but you gotta wait for the gunshow.

The show is a place you might be able to locate hard-to-find parts or firearms, as well as older or unique items that you might not find every day in your local shop. Compare it to a car show. Everyone has their best on display and trying to sell for the best money they can get for things. Some priced well, some not. The game is to figure out where the good deals are, and take advantage of them, all the while making fun of the beanie baby and smoked jerky guys.
Top Top