Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/27/2004 5:11:15 PM EST
So...Blagojevich, our "Guv", wants to increase our tolls.

He also wishes to penalize toll users who do not have I Passes by doubling their tolls.

I think that is unfair to the people who do not have I Passes because they should not be penalized for not having something that they may not have or choose not to have.

If anything, they should abolish the tolls altogether and make it regular freeway or make it like IN/OH turnpike that you recieve a card when you enter that lists the tolls that you pay at an exit and pay when you exit and when you leave the state.

Also, they should get rid of "Chateau de Odgen". A plain office building works for Congress, why shouldn't it work for the Illinois State Tollway Authority?

Some food for thought
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:40:08 PM EST
Put on your tinfoil hat----

The tollway authority has already stated that the tracking data they receive from I-Pass WILL be shared with other governmental agencies, and I think I recall that they'll do it without a subpoena.

Big brother, to my mind at least.

Larry
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:42:38 PM EST
You need those tolls. Look at all of the nice roads around Chicago that you have because of them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:05:49 AM EST
If they can find the money to fix the "nice roads around Chicago", they can do without the tolls, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:00:58 AM EST

Originally Posted By Larry1096:

The tollway authority has already stated that the tracking data they receive from I-Pass WILL be shared with other governmental agencies, and I think I recall that they'll do it without a subpoena.

Larry

So does that mean that they can track where someone goes?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:14:39 PM EST

Originally Posted By deej86:

Originally Posted By Larry1096:

Larry

So does that mean that they can track where someone goes?

Absolutely. The I-Pass system records when and where you activated a toll payment, and may or may not be associated with a contemporaneous photo. They know where you are, how long it was between tolls (and thus, your ground speed) and potentially who was in the car, if you were photo'd.

I'll pass, if you'll pardon the pun.

Larry
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:54:25 PM EST
Yes, that definitely smacks of Big Brother.

On getting an I-Pass, i'll say what the character Woody said in the original "Toy Story",

"If you don't have one, GET ONE!"
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:28:06 PM EST
Who cares. Don't get one. I hardly go on Chicago tollways, they scare me and ruin my zen.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:52:04 AM EST
I think I've personally set land speed records between tolls with my I-pass, and have never had a problem.

Increase in tolls...well, what do you expect from blago? Hes a cock.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:32:43 PM EST

Originally Posted By Marksman14:
I think I've personally set land speed records between tolls with my I-pass, and have never had a problem.

Increase in tolls...well, what do you expect from blago? Hes a cock.

+5

Hes not a cock, he is a Bitch!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:20:27 AM EST
Well...don't vote for a Chicago Democrat.
Top Top