Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/9/2010 5:48:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet, they must have bought E&B. That guy was such an asshole.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#2]
That's pretty interesting news.  

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow.

That's really..... close to me.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 8:12:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Wow.

Me too, about 15 minutes.

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.

Me too, about 15 minutes.

I'm ten minutes south.

+1 for Bob was a jerk.
Link Posted: 6/10/2010 2:47:09 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 on the Bob thing. Yay for Blackwater.
Link Posted: 6/10/2010 3:51:24 AM EDT
[#7]
NICE
Link Posted: 6/10/2010 3:52:32 AM EDT
[#8]

i don't know why a company that could open a retail gun and gear shop wherever they wanted would choose to do so in one of the most restrictive states in the union, but, hey... good for you CT guys!

Link Posted: 6/10/2010 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#9]
That guy at E&B was a Major ASSHOLE!!!!

That would be sweet if a good shop opened up in that location!!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2010 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

i don't know why a company that could open a retail gun and gear shop wherever they wanted would choose to do so in one of the most restrictive states in the union, but, hey... good for you CT guys!

+1, that's a weird decision.  No offense to you CT guys.  

Link Posted: 6/10/2010 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pffft.  Up yours.

You act like you live in a state that has a motto about freedom, or something.

- BG

Link Posted: 6/10/2010 10:12:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey we need guns too. :)
Link Posted: 6/11/2010 5:45:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Money

Also CT gets a bad rap.  Its not THAT bad.  With the few exceptions of the "banned by name" list, if you go pre-ban, you can pretty much do whatever you want.  Our class III laws are only limited by no "select-fire", but full auto is ok, and our CCW laws give more freedom than the "Guns & God" states do.  I guess like anything else, it is pay to play.  

I'm also surprised that nobody else had bought up E&B.  It was for sale for the longest time, and the guy even let his FFL lapse.   You would think that an indoor range would attract an investor's attention during the last few years of gun-mania.  Of course, that road is not the most traveled and his business mainly catered to hunters (deer station, bait, etc), but I even wanted to look at buying it but FFL process would take a few years after incorporating.  I'm sure that BW can afford the lawyers it will take to get this to open, while a small businessman would not, at least very quickly.

Link Posted: 6/11/2010 9:06:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Money

Also CT gets a bad rap. Its not THAT bad. With the few exceptions of the "banned by name" list, if you go pre-ban, you can pretty much do whatever you want. Our class III laws are only limited by no "select-fire", but full auto is ok, and our CCW laws give more freedom than the "Guns & God" states do.
I guess like anything else, it is pay to play.

I'm also surprised that nobody else had bought up E&B. It was for sale for the longest time, and the guy even let his FFL lapse. You would think that an indoor range would attract an investor's attention during the last few years of gun-mania. Of course, that road is not the most traveled and his business mainly catered to hunters (deer station, bait, etc), but I even wanted to look at buying it but FFL process would take a few years after incorporating. I'm sure that BW can afford the lawyers it will take to get this to open, while a small businessman would not, at least very quickly.

Money + location + ease of entry.  Fairly easy choice.  Easy access to millions of people via I-95 from either direction.  

If they were thinking of making a large facility like they have in NC or IL, I could see them possibly looking at Maine since land is cheap and plenty... comparitively.  Keep in mind, they operate a huge facility just about 2 hours away from of all places, Chicago, so they can make it work.

Link Posted: 6/11/2010 1:53:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm also surprised that nobody else had bought up E&B.  It was for sale for the longest time, andthe guy even let his FFL lapse.  You would think that an indoor range would attract an investor's attention during the last few years of gun-mania.  Of course, that road is not the most traveled and his business mainly catered to hunters (deer station, bait, etc), but I even wanted to look at buying it but FFL process would take a few years after incorporating.  I'm sure that BW can afford the lawyers it will take to get this to open, while a small businessman would not, at least very quickly.

Actually, IIRC, his FFL was revoked due to a number of things (inconsistency in his records, guns were being stolen from his shop, etc).  The story I got from him was that, on a few occasions, someone wasn't watching the counters and a gang-banger from NL came in and snatched a few pistols.  The pistols were recovered in a drug bust and the gang-banger turned around and said the owner sold him the guns.  Due to his history of not keeping accurate records, that came back and bit him on the ass because who were the cops going to believe in that situation?  

ETA: mind you, the guy could've been lying through his teeth to me, but he did seem genuinely remorseful over the loss of his FFL...
Link Posted: 6/12/2010 8:01:00 AM EDT
[#17]
.....Actually, IIRC, his FFL was revoked due to a number of thing....

-note to self, don't piss off the CSP SFLU & ATF when they stop in to address issues
Link Posted: 6/12/2010 1:21:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

-note to self, don't piss off the CSP SFLU & ATF when they stop in to address issues

whats wrong?  They are your friends man!
Link Posted: 6/12/2010 1:34:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We gots da $$$$ here
Link Posted: 6/12/2010 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#20]
good deal , always glad to see another store in the area, especially one that is close to home :)
Link Posted: 6/13/2010 1:51:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Yeah, don't get pissy with the ATF and tell them to GTFO of your store. Seems they don't like that too much. Friend of mine was working at the store when this whole thing went down.
Link Posted: 6/13/2010 6:51:22 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Let me clarify that even further:  Don't get the State Firearms Trafficking Task Force lighting up your phone, either.

Ask me how I know.  

- BG

Link Posted: 6/13/2010 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Yeah, don't get pissy with the ATF and tell them to GTFO of your store.

You win!!!

That's half of it...heard he was calling in his sales on saturdays instead of as-you-sell.
Link Posted: 6/13/2010 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Money

Also CT gets a bad rap.  Its not THAT bad.  With the few exceptions of the "banned by name" list, if you go pre-ban, you can pretty much do whatever you want.  Our class III laws are only limited by no "select-fire", but full auto is ok, and our CCW laws give more freedom than the "Guns & God" states do.  I guess like anything else, it is pay to play.  

I'm also surprised that nobody else had bought up E&B.  It was for sale for the longest time, and the guy even let his FFL lapse.   You would think that an indoor range would attract an investor's attention during the last few years of gun-mania.  Of course, that road is not the most traveled and his business mainly catered to hunters (deer station, bait, etc), but I even wanted to look at buying it but FFL process would take a few years after incorporating.  I'm sure that BW can afford the lawyers it will take to get this to open, while a small businessman would not, at least very quickly.

Wait do you really think that that road isn't "the most traveled"?

That road where E&B used to be is one of the busiest roads in that whole Salem, Colchester, Waterford, etc area. It's the only road from Colchester to Waterford since they never finished Route 11. There is a TON of traffic on that road and any store, especially a nice gun store, would do very well in that place.

The only reason that E&B didn't do good is because the owner was a complete jackass and he also looked down on women and thought they knew absolutely nothing about guns when I know a few that went in there that knew more then he probably did. Here's an example of one of his jackass moments... my uncle works construction and stopped in there when it was in it's heyday looking to pick up a new shotgun (I believe Benelli but I'm not 100% sure). He had $800 cash in his pocket ready to buy the gun that day and when he asked the owner of E&B to see the gun he told him he probably couldn't afford it and should look at a different one because my uncle was dirty looking from working construction all day. My uncle took the $800 cash out of his pocket, showed him it and told him he would have no problem affording the gun, then said he'd be taking his business somewhere else.

The only reason that store didn't do good is because of that owners attitude and his poor record keeping, etc leading to his FFL being revoked.

I think a Blackwater, or whatever they are calling themselves these days, store is going to do great in there as it's an excellent location that has heavy traffic going by it from people going to Waterford/New London everyday.

I'm glad to hear they'll be opening a store there as it's about 15 minutes from me. I'll certainly be checking it out once it opens, especially if they have an indoor range.
Link Posted: 6/14/2010 4:34:56 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Money

Also CT gets a bad rap.  Its not THAT bad.  With the few exceptions of the "banned by name" list, if you go pre-ban, you can pretty much do whatever you want.  Our class III laws are only limited by no "select-fire", but full auto is ok, and our CCW laws give more freedom than the "Guns & God" states do.

I guess like anything else, it is pay to play.  

Wait do you really think that that road isn't "the most traveled"?
That road where E&B used to be is one of the busiest roads in that whole Salem, Colchester, Waterford, etc area. It's the only road from Colchester to Waterford since they never finished Route 11. There is a TON of traffic on that road and any store, especially a nice gun store, would do very well in that place.
The only reason that E&B didn't do good is because the owner was a complete jackass and he also looked down on women and thought they knew absolutely nothing about guns when I know a few that went in there that knew more then he probably did. Here's an example of one of his jackass moments... my uncle works construction and stopped in there when it was in it's heyday looking to pick up a new shotgun (I believe Benelli but I'm not 100% sure). He had $800 cash in his pocket ready to buy the gun that day and when he asked the owner of E&B to see the gun he told him he probably couldn't afford it and should look at a different one because my uncle was dirty looking from working construction all day. My uncle took the $800 cash out of his pocket, showed him it and told him he would have no problem affording the gun, then said he'd be taking his business somewhere else.
The only reason that store didn't do good is because of that owners attitude and his poor record keeping, etc leading to his FFL being revoked.
I think a Blackwater, or whatever they are calling themselves these days, store is going to do great in there as it's an excellent location that has heavy traffic going by it from people going to Waterford/New London everyday.
I'm glad to hear they'll be opening a store there as it's about 15 minutes from me. I'll certainly be checking it out once it opens, especially if they have an indoor range.

I'm sure he wasn't very good from the sounds of it. But no, I would not put a retail business on that stretch of road.  Would go closer to I-95.  Possibly Rt-1 if anything.  People living in the area and people passing through will go there.  But few people will travel to there to check out their selection from anything more than a few towns away.  I've seen the plans for these new Blackwater stores (I do market research and analysis for retailers as a profession), and they are going to be basically a snowboard/ski pro-shop for guns.  Meaning lots of high-volume logo/branded soft line clothing, posters, hats, patches, backpacks, etc, and then your "gun counter" where you'll see a bunch of overpriced branded and logo'd EBR stuff.  Very few actual guns.

I'm sure the fact that E&B already had the ventilation and presumably, whatever permits and inspections are required for an indoor range had something to do with it. Location is everything, but with zoning, insurance, and practicality, sometimes you have little choice.   But we do need more gun shops east of the river though.  Especially in south east CT, as it seems south west CT (NH and Fairfield counties) already have a good amount.  Southwest has what?  Don's

(who actually has some nice stuff, but nothing in the "fun" variety, just collectables and fudd guns).  What else is there?  Maybe a few pawn shops in NL?  Columbia?  But that really isnt SW CT.

Link Posted: 6/14/2010 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#26]

yeah, i guess the location argument makes sense, but there are plenty of other places they could have gone in the US, sold whatever the hell they wanted, and still had a good customer base and easy access. it's not like they were limited to new england...

either way, as i said before, good for you guys!

Link Posted: 6/14/2010 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Yeah, don't get pissy with the ATF and tell them to GTFO of your store.

You win!!!

That's half of it...heard he was calling in his sales on saturdays instead of as-you-sell.

That wouldn't suprise me either. Ph well, he's done, time for somebody better to move in and hopefully make it a kick ass store.

(To whoever buys this place, get an SOT, we don't have one around here!)
Link Posted: 6/15/2010 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Are you guys fing serious with this bad location stuff thiers not one person in here that wouldnt drive to a shop if it had good inventory and pricing.Dam if I hear of a store thats anywhere within an hours drive I will drive to check it out.
I used to visit E&B from the time it started small down the road a bit he started out a nice guy but towards the end he was one of the biggest assholes I have ever encountered in a gun shop. He must have started to lose it mentally you just cant be that stupid with the SP and ATF. He told me his first major run in with them was over some banned hks that he took in trade and was going to sell out of state but the atf took them right on the spot. i dont know if this was true sad the guy lost it all.
This blackwater store is good news cant wait to go and meet all the seal ninjas that will be shopping their should be entertaining.
Link Posted: 6/16/2010 4:51:01 PM EDT
[#29]
when is it supposed to open?
Link Posted: 6/18/2010 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Are you guys fing serious with this bad location stuff thiers not one person in here that wouldnt drive to a shop if it had good inventory and pricing.Dam if I hear of a store thats anywhere within an hours drive I will drive to check it out.
I used to visit E&B from the time it started small down the road a bit he started out a nice guy but towards the end he was one of the biggest assholes I have ever encountered in a gun shop. He must have started to lose it mentally you just cant be that stupid with the SP and ATF. He told me his first major run in with them was over some banned hks that he took in trade and was going to sell out of state but the atf took them right on the spot. i dont know if this was true sad the guy lost it all.
This blackwater store is good news cant wait to go and meet all the seal ninjas that will be shopping their should be entertaining.

I live in Ledyard, and I've gone to Hoffman's, NGX, Jojo's, Valley Firearms (I was in the area), and Cabelas.  All of those places (with the possible exception of Cabelas) are over an hour away for me.  I can't wait for this new store to open.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2010 4:21:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
when is it supposed to open?

I don't know.  I rode by there yesterday and I did not see any thing different.  Same old signs up, no "coming soon" signs, nothing.

Link Posted: 6/26/2010 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#32]
I am south of Hartford and would only travel that far if they had an outdoor range with 200-300 meter targets. God we need a range like that here in CT.
Link Posted: 6/26/2010 6:50:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I am south of Hartford and would only travel that far if they had an outdoor range with 200-300 meter targets. God we need a range like that here in CT.

Ledyard Sportsmen Club has a 400 Yard range.

Link Posted: 6/26/2010 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#34]
I rode by the store in Salem today, and the for sale sign that's been there for the past few years is gone.
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 4:45:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just because the laws are restrictive here doesnt mean we don't have plenty of money to spend at their store lol.

Link Posted: 7/13/2010 1:17:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Update from driving by yesterday -

Car parked out front, trailer that's been there over a week, and garbage bags by the front walk. Electricity is on too.
Link Posted: 7/13/2010 6:38:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Thank you for the update...very interesting indeed.
Link Posted: 7/13/2010 6:49:58 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Car parked out front, trailer that's been there over a week, and garbage bags by the front walk. Electricity is on too.

Link Posted: 7/13/2010 3:24:36 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd like a new second job. Anyone seen a want ad yet?
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Well, The fact is we need more gunshops in the area.

Times have changed from the past where we had many shops all around, guess I'm dating myself.  But being in southeast Ct all my life, there is no more Chappy's in Ledyard, Paul's in Waterford, Fort Shantock, Dick Neff's in downtown Mystic, can't remember the name of the hardware store in Groton, or the many other FFL's now long gone by the BATF inquisition.

Anyway,  The E&B Facility is a newer building with a great indoor range, Matches recently were shot there every Monday night with the New London County Bullseye League, and I might say that it is one of the better ranges.  The E&B team was made up of good shooters with professional attitudes, and are now known as the Niantic #2 team; still alive & kickin', and seem to do some of that kickin' to our butts as competitors.  

Whether the Blackwater shop is Logo/brand boiler-plate sales is irrelevant, if they staff the store with knowledgable and helpful people, and provide merchandise we need, they'll do great.  I always thought that if Newington Gun Exchange would have bought the place, they would have a goldmine since they seem to work with people, and we are gunshop-poor in this area.  I too, do not have a problem driving to midstate to visit a decent shop, or up to Manchester NH for the auction house's to do business, and you can't get further southeast than me on the Pawcatuck river.

Bob, did alright by me on a couple of occasions, and gave me low-balled trade-in values, which I had the freedom to take elsewhere, and did.  With the political anti-gun climate here and throughout the country, owning a gunshop can be a risky business venture, with a slim margin, as we penny-pinch on how many cents will it cost us to reload our rounds, we need to realize that a business has a significant overhead, and to turn a profit must price accordingly, maybe not what we like to pay, but just check prices at Cabela's or Dick's.

It is great that some new shops are opening, (haven't checked out the Outpost yet) but there is a void that needs to be filled here.

Regards,
Steven
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 6:11:01 PM EDT
[#41]
can't wait for this shop to open.  I hope that they open a training cadre here in the area.  I have gotten invites from their facility but time won't allow it.  It will be easier if it is within 1.5 hr travel time.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 11:45:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Wow, this would be cool.  It's literally right down the road from me.  Not more than 5 minutes from my house.  I bought my first gun (Model 94 30-30) from Bob way back when he was over in the plaza at the 4 corners.  He was nice to me, but I've heard some BAD stories.  

There's another (fairly) new store in the area too.  The Outpost over on 32 in Uncasville.  Nice folks.  I've bought ammo and targets from them.  They had a sweet AK-74 for a good price.  I had no money at the time though.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Times have changed from the past where we had many shops all around, guess I'm dating myself.  But being in southeast Ct all my life, there is no more Chappy's in Ledyard, Paul's in Waterford, Fort Shantock, Dick Neff's in downtown Mystic, can't remember the name of the hardware store in Groton, or the many other FFL's now long gone by the BATF inquisition.

Anyway,  The E&B Facility is a newer building with a great indoor range, Matches recently were shot there every Monday night with the New London County Bullseye League, and I might say that it is one of the better ranges.  The E&B team was made up of good shooters with professional attitudes, and are now known as the Niantic #2 team; still alive & kickin', and seem to do some of that kickin' to our butts as competitors.  

Whether the Blackwater shop is Logo/brand boiler-plate sales is irrelevant, if they staff the store with knowledgable and helpful people, and provide merchandise we need, they'll do great.  I always thought that if Newington Gun Exchange would have bought the place, they would have a goldmine since they seem to work with people, and we are gunshop-poor in this area.  I too, do not have a problem driving to midstate to visit a decent shop, or up to Manchester NH for the auction house's to do business, and you can't get further southeast than me on the Pawcatuck river.

Bob, did alright by me on a couple of occasions, and gave me low-balled trade-in values, which I had the freedom to take elsewhere, and did.  With the political anti-gun climate here and throughout the country, owning a gunshop can be a risky business venture, with a slim margin, as we penny-pinch on how many cents will it cost us to reload our rounds, we need to realize that a business has a significant overhead, and to turn a profit must price accordingly, maybe not what we like to pay, but just check prices at Cabela's or Dick's.

It is great that some new shops are opening, (haven't checked out the Outpost yet) but there is a void that needs to be filled here.

Regards,
Steven

I'm gonna date myself here and point out that the store in Groton was "Campbell's" (like the soup, but with more guns!)...BTW, whatever happened to Lebanon Sports Center?
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 12:19:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regards,
Steven

I'm gonna date myself here and point out that the store in Groton was "Campbell's" (like the soup, but with more guns!)...BTW, whatever happened to Lebanon Sports Center?

All gone.  Drove by it a while back and there was grass and vines growing up around everything.  I had part of my bachelor party there.  Paintball hoedown!
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 1:28:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regards,
Steven

They went out of business, although I don't know why.  I was hoping someone would buy the place and re-open it, because I drive by there on my way to my parents and my sister's houses.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regards,
Steven

They went out of business, although I don't know why.  I was hoping someone would buy the place and re-open it, because I drive by there on my way to my parents and my sister's houses.

Wow cambells theres a name I have not heard in a while,sorry to hear about lebanon sports I used to love that place cant remember how long ago it was the last time I was there but it went from a cool place with guns and bows to a cloths shop I walked around going WTF happened to this place,not surprised its gone.
There used to be another sporting goods store in new london on the captains walk they used to sell scout uniforms and always had colt ars in the window back in the day when  guns were no big deal. I used to stare at those colts  thru the window i still remember the price 450.00 no ID cash and carry.
Anyone remember the name of the place?

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:06:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Are you sure it wasn't Olympic Sporting Goods on Bank St? That's where I used to get my scouting gear and baseball equipment.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:05:31 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Times have changed from the past where we had many shops all around, guess I'm dating myself. But being in southeast Ct all my life, there is no more Chappy's in Ledyard, Paul's in Waterford, Fort Shantock, Dick Neff's in downtown Mystic, can't remember the name of the hardware store in Groton, or the many other FFL's now long gone by the BATF inquisition.

Anyway, The E&B Facility is a newer building with a great indoor range, Matches recently were shot there every Monday night with the New London County Bullseye League, and I might say that it is one of the better ranges. The E&B team was made up of good shooters with professional attitudes, and are now known as the Niantic #2 team; still alive & kickin', and seem to do some of that kickin' to our butts as competitors.

Whether the Blackwater shop is Logo/brand boiler-plate sales is irrelevant, if they staff the store with knowledgable and helpful people, and provide merchandise we need, they'll do great. I always thought that if Newington Gun Exchange would have bought the place, they would have a goldmine since they seem to work with people, and we are gunshop-poor in this area. I too, do not have a problem driving to midstate to visit a decent shop, or up to Manchester NH for the auction house's to do business, and you can't get further southeast than me on the Pawcatuck river.

Bob, did alright by me on a couple of occasions, and gave me low-balled trade-in values, which I had the freedom to take elsewhere, and did. With the political anti-gun climate here and throughout the country, owning a gunshop can be a risky business venture, with a slim margin, as we penny-pinch on how many cents will it cost us to reload our rounds, we need to realize that a business has a significant overhead, and to turn a profit must price accordingly, maybe not what we like to pay, but just check prices at Cabela's or Dick's.

Regards,

Steven

They went out of business, although I don't know why. I was hoping someone would buy the place and re-open it, because I drive by there on my way to my parents and my sister's houses.

Wow cambells theres a name I have not heard in a while,sorry to hear about lebanon sports I used to love that place cant remember how long ago it was the last time I was there but it went from a cool place with guns and bows to a cloths shop I walked around going WTF happened to this place,not surprised its gone.

There used to be another sporting goods store in new london on the captains walk they used to sell scout uniforms and always had colt ars in the window back in the day when guns were no big deal. I used to stare at those colts thru the window i still remember the price 450.00 no ID cash and carry.

Anyone remember the name of the place?

Raubs on State St (Captains Walk)

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Holy crap... I didn't remember Raub's until you said the name.... wow.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:53:40 PM EDT
[#50]
I still have my sales receipt for my Ruger 10/22 that I bought at Caldors for $69.95 over on King's Highway.  The barrel is stamped with the Bicentennial script "Made in the 200th Year of American Liberty"   It certainly has been a keeper.  That was after Caldors changed from being the TwoGuys Dept store.

Campbell's was the name, I can still get a mental picture of Mr. Campbell, and the gun rack in the back right section of the store.

Another shop I used to frequent in the late 70's - 80's was Reggie Kenyon's Minuteman Arms over on the RI/CT state line over by Boombridge Road in Pawcatuck, My sales receipt for a very nice condition Mini 14 was for $169, I still have both Rugers.

My dad had an FFL and would do transfers for people in Mystic out of the home, those day's are long gone.......

Regards,
Steven
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top