Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2005 2:02:10 PM EDT
I just sent a message to my boss to try and get a LOA from my job.  If he'll bite, I'll work on Blackwater next.  One thing to consider, they WILL take teams.  Any body from our training circle interested?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Not for $200/day.  That's pretty short money for working in NOLA in the condition it's in.  Now if they were offering $400/day I would be all over that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:46:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Have gun(s), will travel.  Send me some info.  Doubt they'd take me, but hey.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:05:12 PM EDT
[#4]
More importantly, prerequisites.  If it's like their oversea's jobs, you need to damn near be just out of Spec Ops.  What do I have to have done in order to get this NO job?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Well the other thread on this subject was a little misleading, it appears you have to be former LEO or military to qualify.

That means BC and MPX qualify, but I don't..........
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:27:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Where's the other thread?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:44:24 PM EDT
[#7]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=387443

BTW, let me know if you make contact.  My boss wants me to talk to him tomorrow about the possibility.......and who knows.  Perhaps BW has a hard time filling slots......
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:13:50 AM EDT
[#8]
This is interesting. How does one who has no background in Military or Police, get into something like this? I would be very interested in learning what I would have to do to be qualified for the future for something like this, if at all possible?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:36:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This is interesting. How does one who has no background in Military or Police, get into something like this? I would be very interested in learning what I would have to do to be qualified for the future for something like this, if at all possible?

We had someone offering a course that makes you a shoe-in at Blackwater.

LINK
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:47:06 AM EDT
[#10]
real funny. thanks for the serious response. hy.gif
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:54:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I have heard of people being hired at Blackwater that didn't have prior LE or.mil experience, but I think they had uber connections and references and went through the Blackwater Academy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:01:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have heard of people being hired at Blackwater that didn't have prior LE or.mil experience, but I think they had uber connections and references and went through the Blackwater Academy.

So as far as everyone knows, there is none of these security companies that are willing to invest in someone who is well versed in firearms, responsible, dedicated to learning?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm hearing that blackwater is offering 8k/week for the right individuals.

If they need to offer that much money, I probably don't want any part of it.
Luckily, I'm not high speed, and don't have to make those sorts of decisions.

Five gun champ might be able to go, but I don't think they have any Wolf on hand.
BYO.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:27:03 PM EDT
[#14]
wolf  performance

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top