Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/22/2004 3:54:22 PM EST
Does anyone have any information on Black Rifle Works out of Raleigh? I see them at the Charlotte C&E show every other month, and I'm interested in some of their uppers. I'd like to find out who made the uppers and where the parts are from. I asked them but they never really gave me a straight answer. If they have a website of phone number please post with the info. I'd greatly appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:03:53 PM EST
I have it somewhere, I'll try and find it tomorrow. They do good work, I have a buddy that had an AR worked on there.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:29:17 PM EST
That'd be great.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:08:55 PM EST
I tried to talk to one of their guys at the Greensboro show this past winter. I was not impressed after asking a few questions about their stuff. I got the "I don't want to talk to you" feeling from them. They either didn't know what they were selling, or didn't want to tell. Their uppers were also priced high. Especially with the J&T guy only 200' away.

Just my opinion.......
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:34:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By Southrnshooter:
I tried to talk to one of their guys at the Greensboro show this past winter. I was not impressed after asking a few questions about their stuff. I got the "I don't want to talk to you" feeling from them. They either didn't know what they were selling, or didn't want to tell. Their uppers were also priced high. Especially with the J&T guy only 200' away.

Just my opinion.......

I kind of got that feeling from them too. I asked who makes their uppers, what manufacturer, whether it be bushmaster or what, and they just wouldn't tell me, they kept saying it should be written on the yellow description sleeve, but I never saw anything. The receiver itself on most all of them looked rough as hell. They wanted $399 for a pre-ban M4 upper flattop, without bolt, carrying group, charging handle and carrying handle. I'm fairly new to the black rifle so I don't know if that's a decent deal or getting ripped. I brought my post-ban bushy superlight upper up there to work a possible trade-up, and he said he'd do it, but I'd have to shell out another $125 to do it. That deal I'd be keeping my bolt, carrying group charging handle and carrying handle. I don't know, it seems sketch to me in a way when they won't tell you who they're getting their uppers from.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:17:21 AM EST
Black Rifle Works always has small AR parts and sprngs---that is all I buy from them. I had the same experience with them and their upper receivers. They had some uppers that they said were OLYMPIC last time I saw them at a show. The rest were unmarked. Some looked exactly like the ones JT sells, in my opinion. And IF they ever had a Colt upper or barrel for sale, they asked premium prices.
They should be at the Greensboro show.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:50:52 PM EST
Hey guys, if you live in the Charlotte/Hickory/Winston Salem area of NC you should check out Carolina Tactical Ops in Hudson (just norht of Hickory). Brent is the AR man there and they are great to deal with. I recently did my first build and Brent was a huge help. I bought a RRA upper and lower from them and was pleased with the prices. It was worht the 1 1/2 hour drive to get great customer service.

Their website www.carolinatacticalops.com/hasn't been updated in a while but you can get the ph# and directions off of it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:04:15 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/24/2004 3:06:07 AM EST by varmitgun]
I have never had a problem with Dave at Black Rifle Works.as I have said befor he is the Charlie Daniels of the AR-15 torqe wrench...if you watch him work for a hour or so at the shows you will see what I mean..I have watched him trust me...he gets the same stupid questions from the bryco-hi point wanta a bee gang after a weekend of what is this,who makes that,can you build this...it gets to be a pain in the ass...last time I lookedhe sells oly stuff.some rock river and has started stocking J&T lowers(Double Star) he usaly has the best price on lowers at any C&E show,i have seen other dealers buy from him,and take there busted /broke down shit up to his table to get a real gunplumber to work out the bugs.........................................like I said Dave is a stand up guy.with a good product line...and he was doing it before everyone with a pipevise and a straight screwdriver hung out a shingle.....JMO

http://www.olyarms.com/usa.html

his e-mail is.............. zenif@bellsouth.net
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:18:08 PM EST
Dave is a nice guy and can build up a basic rifle in no time flat. Most of his stuff is Oly. from what I have seen. Look him up a the GSO show this weekend, but just don't expect him to spend a lot of time answering questions. He'll be too busy turning that wrench and pounding pins.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:53:52 PM EST
Thanks for all the input guys. I probably won't be able to make the greensboro show, for lack of transportation :\

But I'm thinking I may end up going with a 16" preban M4 upper from LMT.

Still kicking the idea around.
Top Top