Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 12:22:12 PM EDT
Anyone know of a good place to go bird hunting, other then their front yard in the tucson area?

Would like to keep it within an hour drive of Tucson... the area I have gone to a few times is deserted due to (1) gun shy birds  (2) lack of water in the area.

Suggestions? If you don't wanna post them, feel free to PM me.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:59:51 AM EDT
[#1]
*bump*

Tried a spot that someone PM'd me for the north side of town... unfortunately all the stock tanks were dry... and there were no birds to be seen.

Did see an Huge jack rabbit however... was about 100 yards from where I stood.... damned big bunny.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:57:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you try the spot I PM'ed you?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Didn't check that one out just yet....... you said it was a quail area... do you see many dove there?  I'd like to get some dove in before the season ends on the 1st
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#4]
why do you want to go bird hunting so much?  you don't even clean your own birds.

theredhorseman and i won't clean any more birds for you...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
why do you want to go bird hunting so much?  you don't even clean your own birds.

theredhorseman and i won't clean any more birds for you...

Bah.... You won't need to.

And had we shot more then 1 bird last time we were out... that would of been a different story ..... Ryan hit that bird so he cleaned it, told him whatever i killed I'd clean......
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't check that one out just yet....... you said it was a quail area... do you see many dove there?  I'd like to get some dove in before the season ends on the 1st

It's more for quail.  Check out Red Rock for dove.  There are a lot of stock ponds out there, so if you can still hunt out there, I'd be a good place for dove.  I personally think dove taste like shit, so I stopped shooting them.  Now quail on the other hand...
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Didn't see a signle dove or quail today

However, saw some man eating bunnies
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Where'd you go?  I totally forgot about your IM, sorry.

ETA:  There are some huge white sidewalls out there.  That spot is good for cotton tails too.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:25:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where'd you go?  I totally forgot about your IM, sorry.

ETA:  There are some huge white sidewalls out there.  That spot is good for cotton tails too.

Hit the dirt roads out by the corrral....
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:14:29 PM EDT
[#10]
And no quail?  I haven't been out there since last season, so maybe this year's pitiful rainfall is at fault, but that area has always been great for quail, presumably because of all the stock tanks that the rancher keeps full.  Did you manage to find the old abandoned ranch house with the windmill?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#11]
no, and i'll pm you the details as to why
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top