Posted: 8/31/2005 2:39:57 PM EDT
Anyone planning on attending?

Sly
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:15:59 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:24:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Ya I will be there, thanks for letting me know.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I will be in the area and can go.  Do you know how much the admission is?  What are the show hours?

-Karl
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:05:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I will be in the area and can go.  Do you know how much the admission is?  What are the show hours?

-Karl

Fairly certain it's $5/day admission.

IIRC the show usually opens at 1 or 2 in the afternoon on Friday and closes @ 6pm.  Saturday it should run 9-6 and Sunday 9-3.

I'm thinking if I'm going to go it'll be on Friday.

Sly
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#5]
bwahaha i have to work. shit :(

*edited to add*I cant believe i wasted post 223 on that
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:37:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought that it was a good show.  The majority of the stuff there was guns and not beanie babies, beef jerky, fake indian art, or tactical clothing (besides a guy with 5.11 vests).  I went on Friday and probably saw some members and didn't know it.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:38:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I thought that it was a good show.  The majority of the stuff there was guns and not beanie babies, beef jerky, fake indian art, or tactical clothing (besides a guy with 5.11 vests).  I went on Friday and probably saw some members and didn't know it.  

I wasn't overly impressed by the large number of warn out old Winchesters commanding prices of 1-2K...  There were a couple of good vendors that didn't make it which disheartened me a bit.  (BRD & Darkside (AK) enablers)

Within 10 minutes of getting to the show I managed to pick up 13-30rd Colt mags, 5 "W" marked M1A mags and 5 of the new H&K Steel mags in one lot purchase. (The dealer also threw in a D&H 30rd just so he didn't have to hassle selling it)  I'd tell you what I paid for them, but you'd call be a damned liar... Honestly, the guy has treated me so well over the last few years even when I don't want any more mags- I just can't pass on him giving them to me so unbelievably cheap. He sells suprlus and buys at auction so in one lot of mags he happened to discover 5 of the H&K mags.  Luckily he remembered my mentioning I'd like some but wouldn't pay much over what a standard USGI mag costs.  What he charges me for a standard USGI, that's too cheap to admit on a forum without someone calling BS!

I was there Friday and Saturday.  Figured I could skip Sunday as I'd had plenty of exercise walking the show the previous two days.  All in all, I'd rate it a solid "B" since it lacked some regular vendors that cater more to my BRD needs.  (I only spotted 2 ARs, and IIRC 6 AK variants)

Sly
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top