Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2003 1:59:50 PM EDT
Some time ago I vowed never to set foot in that place again. Well today I wanted to do some handgun shooting, and Bill’s is less than 2 miles away. The new ownership is a vast improvement. The staff was upbeat and helpful, and the range is getting cleaned up nicely. Their hours have also changed for the better. If you have been wronged by the old Bill’s as I have, they might be worth another look. For shooting handgun anyway.

www.billsgs.com/

Link Posted: 11/1/2003 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I too, noticed a definite change in the staff and atmosphere, for the better.  The other customers were the usual intersting lot.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 11:00:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Are their range prices any better? At 2x-3x what AF is, I can afford to drive an extra 5 miles and have a 50yd range.

-W
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 8:20:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Still $20 for the lane and $10 sharing. That is for as many guns as you want for as long as you want. Not the best deal, but AF just raised their rates. I'm not sure how much.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Last trip it cost $28 for my wife and myself at AF.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not trying to be a total cynic, but I am more of the "fool me once-shame on you, fool me twice shame on me", school of thought.
I honestly hope that the service @ Bill's has improved, at least for the sake of the folks that have no other choice as to where they can go to shoot. What they charge for a range fee is still bordering on the realm of robbery, though.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#6]
The best bargain in the metro area is Dakota, that is for indoor pistol use!  It is super clean!  A yearly membership runs like 45 and then your range fee is 8 bucks a pop otherwise it is $15.  I go during the day and and have it to my self.  Of course it only goes to 50 ft.  And, no rifle bays.  But, it shows what range can be.
Well lit and clean as compared to others.  But, for a long time the only game in town was Bills and Metro.  And, I hated metro cause the Magnum research repair guy used to come some times and well, imagine 50AE's going off.  

It seems that when the CCH law went into effect the prices snuck up!  And, at AF I have been limit to 90 minutes.  Heck that is just getting warmed up!

But, Moon Valley (outdoors is spendy at around 15 per gun)

Del-Tone price wise (not necessarily location wise for some) is the best outdoor value.  And, the place has more plans to get better!  $9 bucks for all day and as many guns! Now with Stubby Gear there, you have a coffee stop!

But  other clubs in metro require work details to lower your membership fee.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:55:04 PM EDT
[#7]
The place I love to go shooting at is a plain-jane affair.
One berm about 20 yrds accross and a hundred yard distance from firing line to target.
Not too fancy, but what can one expect for $10 per year unlimited time,unlimited number of firearms,unlimited number of guests,bump-firing friendly,self-policed 90 percent of the time,low traffic(most-times empty),and they don't even shoot trap leauge on the weeekends (they have two trap houses).
Hell--I never met the range master until he came up to me while I was bump-firing my AK and he asked to have a go at it!
Not a bad place to go for an afternoon of wasting a case of perfectly good ammunition.
The one bummer is that it is in Brahm.
BTW: My thanks to Beerjager fer turning me on to the whole bump-firing thing last year.
"Loads" of fun, that!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top