Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2003 8:38:39 AM EDT
Anyone planning to attend the Big "E" gun show at the end of the month?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#1]
What and where?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#2]
5/31-6/1 MILITARY GUN & KNIFE SHOW
Young Building ? Sat., 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.; Sun., 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Adults $7; under 12 yrs. Free with parent
West Springfield, Ma. at the Big E. Eastern States Exposition complex.

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Im going.  sunday, got to work on Sat.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I'am planning on going, like I always plan to, but every time I get ready to go, out of town guests or relatives show up and ruin everything.  Sigh.    
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:50:05 AM EDT
[#5]
How good is this show? It would be a long drive and wouldn't want to go and waste my time.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:36:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I'M going saturday.
They had one a few months ago was not that great. But it was somthing to do.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, me too @ 3-4hr turnaround. Last one a few years back around 97 was'ent bad, almost got something I'm still after at a great price. ...........might be a way to kill a rainy day.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:48:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I usually go up about twice a year.

But when I go, I usually price shop. Prices there can be horribly marked up, so to some scouting before you go.

It's usually a pretty good show if you wanna look around.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm considering going out there on Saturday (Sunday Braintree R&P www.brp.org has a swap meet that I'll be at and then we're off to some friends for a BBQ). It's ~1.5 hrs each way for me and other than some hard-to-find books (on C&Rs), I'm not really in the market for anything. This show is focused on militaria and thus is interesting to those of us into the history of firearms. Prices on guns tend to be high to ridiculous. Accessories and books can sometimes be had at reasonable prices.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Just a brief report from the gun show held at Eastern States Exposition in W. Springfield, MA today (and tomorrow).

Militaria focused, lots of AR15 and accoutrements, lots of C&R guns and stuff, lots of reloading stuff (for a MA show, where there is usually next to nothing in reloading gear). Probably a real 400 tables (less than they had advertised), but a good quality show.

Pete Donato aka Empire Gun Shop in Danville, PA had SKS cleaning rods and the SKS kit that fits in the butt for $5 each.

Picked up Scott Duff's "The M1 Garand Serial Numbers & Data Sheets, "Crown Jewels The Mauser in Sweden" by Dana Jones (neat to recognize so many eList contributor names from the acknowledgements), and "Bayonets From Janzen's Notebook" all for $83 out the door (B&S Books from Rochester, NY) although another book vendor got angry at me (I've bought other books from him before) as he would have charged me $5 less on the lot!

Had a nice long talk with Bob Lippman, Lippman Enterprises and he gave me a good deal on some Fobus goods, green AR15 followers, accu-wedges, ty-raps, and a combo 1911 bushing and CAR15 stock removal tool.

I saw only a handful of vendors that I've seen in the past. Lots of new faces and products.

Softair guns including AR15s and handguns, lots of real AR15 uppers (both pre and post ban), AR15 parts, some oddball reloading dies (C&R stuff), bulk brass for reloading, a nice exhibit (not for sale) of K98s by a collectors association, as well as lots of modern guns (long and the few handguns that they allow to be sold in PRM). Good deals on pre-ban Glock factory mags (one dealer had them at 2/$50 but each had been sliced through the plastic in the back . . . didn't get an opportunity to ask the right person why this was the case as he was busy doing a NICS check), others had them for as low as $50 each (used) and $60 new. Saw a pure German Walther P99 in 9mm with 2 16rd mags for $799 (new).
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:46:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the update!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top