Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/19/2005 1:58:48 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me of some good places to pick up powder/primers etc. in these 2 cities? I checked out a Huntsville phone book with no luck, don't have access to a Bham book. If I'm in town, I'd like to check them out if possible. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:36:57 PM EDT
Well I know it isn't B'ham or H'ville but I would suggest Alabama Ammo in Moulton. Nice folks with reasonable prices. That's where I buy most of my stuff. As far as I know, no one sells reloading stuff in H'ville.

Rick
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:15:41 PM EDT

Zero Ammo in Cullman
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:13:58 AM EDT
The Zero ammo is more in Moulton than Cullman, might have a Cullman address though. Really is closer to Decatur on the west side. They have a lot of stuff at good prices. Wileys outdoor Sports on Hwy 53, still in Hsv limits has a adequate selection but is expensive. JCs is across the road from Wileys, same thing. I pick up powder and primers in small amounts from Edgemonds shooting supplies, is located on 231 at the foot of Brindlee Mtn. Not a lot there but always has powder and primers, plus I pass it daily on my way home. Is more expensive but convenient.

rk
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:40:54 PM EDT
Thanks for the tips. I've been in Edgemonds, years ago. Moulton is a long haul from here, but I might give Zero a try if I'm ever over that way. I'm surprised Huntsville doesn't have a better choice. I've never been in JCs, always heard he was way high. Same for Wiley's.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:43:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:43:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:19:42 AM EDT
Wiley's in Huntsville off of Jordan Lane has reloading supplies. Don't know if JC's has them, I don't go into his shop due to his reputation. I go to Wiley's when I need something quick.

Merlin
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:33:41 AM EDT
FWIW, Zero Bullets does not have a "showroom" as does Alabama Ammo. You tell the young lady what you want, then she calls down to the warehouse to have it brought up. I kinda got the feeling I was wasting their time when I went there to buy some primers & bullets.

Also FWIW, I seem to be able to buy their bullets from AA a bit cheaper than I can in their own store. AA buys a truckload at a time so he gets them at a greatly reduced price and passes some of that on to the customer.

Rick
Top Top