Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2004 1:27:45 PM EDT
I can't understand something. I have asked 2 different places selling if they had any pre 94 c-mags. Both told me it does not matter. That they are shipping c-mags into NYS and that the rule of pre ban does not apply.
I told them I think they are wrong and it is illegal to ship post 94 c-mags into NYS. Im I right or wrong. If I but a C-mag that was just produced how will they know the differance if stopped anyway?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:49:03 PM EDT
[#2]
They also come with documentation that they were manufactured prior to 09-14-1994.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:18:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
They also come with documentation that they were manufactured prior to 09-14-1994.

I believe that I have seen post ban beta c's advertised as unmarked and w/o serial numbers.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe that I have seen post ban beta c's advertised as unmarked and w/o serial numbers.

I have some postbans.  THey are not marked "LE only" but they do have a serial number on each drum.  The numbers are not the same, I'm not sure why, but they are definately marked with a serial number.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:17:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Could you please stop telling companys NOT to ship to New York. ...At least untill I get mine lol

Isnt it the consumers responsibility to obey the law. since the transaction actually happens outside of new york it is not the sellers responsibilty.  That is my understanding but i could(probably)be wrong
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:09:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe Beta slapped a s/n on every mag they produced.  There was talk months back that those without s/n's are postbans with a little shaved off to conceal their non-preban status from perspective buyers.  I would research a little further..
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I am trying to find out if they have Pre-Pre Ban C-Mags and if the price is the same has the newPre-Ban C-mags. The one I have has a S/N on the box and also the Mag. I figure since they say it doesn't matter that if they have Pre-Pre BAn MAgs they should sell for the same has the new ones.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top