Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2006 11:17:13 AM EDT
Can anyone recommend some good dealers that sell AK's/VEPRK's in NYS?
I live downstate near NYC, but I am willing to drive just about anywhere in the state.
Thank you all in advance!

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Hummm, how much are you looking to spend.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm hoping to keep it under $500.00.
Of course I realize that price and exact model helps to narrow it down for your suggestions, but I'm in the research phase right now. I'd like to learn from the experiences of the good folks here what my options are as far as retailers go, and what they carry, and then look into those.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd find a dealer close by that will do transfers for $25 or less.  Then keep an eye on the EE for nice used AKs, they come up all the time.  There are a lot of vendors selling Rommy AKs.  Rommy AK is a good rifle for the $$.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:32:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Collector Rifle and Ammo on Rt. 82 in Hopewell Junction (Putnam County)has good prices on EBR's and AK type stuff. Cheap ammo too. Just north of I84 and the Taconic Parkway on Rt.82. Always has a bunch of AK's in stock new and used. Mag prices are a little high but not crazy, those I'd get online.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Bought mine on good old AR15.com EE!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the advice valkyrie0002 and NY-EMT. I do believe that I'll be taking a ride to Hopewell Junction this weekend for a little recon.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#7]
collector is a good shop.  Good prices.    Its in Dutchess county.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:50:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey 90Zebra,

Let me know how that goes. I'm interested in getting myself  an AK also. If you're interested, we could do a double purchase for a better deal perhaps?

Let me know.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:59:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey 90Zebra,

I sent you an IM message.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:14:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I was just in Collectors Rifle and Ammo the other day and AK pickens are a little slim right now.
He only had a Wasr 10 and a Sar-1.
There is also a gun show this weekend at Orange County
Fairgrounds in Middletown. As long as you're gonna be in the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I was just in Collectors Rifle and Ammo the other day and AK pickens are a little slim right now.
He only had a Wasr 10 and a Sar-1.
There is also a gun show this weekend at Orange County
Fairgrounds in Middletown. As long as you're gonna be in the neighborhood.

Collectors Rifle & Ammo has been advertising SAR-1 on GunBroker.com for the past month or so. I'm a little hesitant to buy an AK for fear of what  "Governor Shitzer" and the newly Democratic Control state legisture is gonna do to our rights. Maybe AKs and such won't be grandfathered.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Collectors Rifle & Ammo has been advertising SAR-1 on GunBroker.com for the past month or so. I'm a little hesitant to buy an AK for fear of what  "Governor Shitzer" and the newly Democratic Control state legisture is gonna do to our rights. Maybe AKs and such won't be grandfathered.

The drafts of the anti-gun bills that have been posted so far ELIMINATE the grandfathering of the current law.  You can register with the police a legal Assault Weapon (ONE of the AW elements will be allowed), you can render it unfireable, or you can have it destroyed. Illegal AWs (more than one point) must be destroyed. More than 9 LEGAL OR ILLEGAL rifles and pistols owned by 1 person will be A FELONY.  No sales or transfers of registered guns will be permitted.

The fun is just starting.

No plastic tipped (ie, nosler ballistic), frangible or steel core ammo will be legal.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#13]
God help us
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top