Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2008 2:27:53 PM EDT
I'm in the market for a Remington 870 (not sure on what model exactly, but definitely 18").  The only place I've seen them is Gander Mountain, but I think they're overpriced.

Where's some other places I can get a NIB 870 for a decent price, in the Binghamton area?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Timber Creek is under new ownership.  Chuck is a good guy and I'd like to see him get some new business.

McLains is another good choice.  

The Sportsmen's Den in Whitney Point is a short drive up Rte. 81.  

Don't forget to check the EE.  Any of these dealers can handle a transfer for you.  I know a few "Kitchen table" dealers too if you're interested.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:23:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I always forget about McLains.  I've bought from them, and had a lower transferred to them for me.

I mainly looking for places that stock them, as opposed to buying online, and having it transferred.  I'm impatient.

But can you tell me what a "kitchen table dealer" is?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:00:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
But can you tell me what a "kitchen table dealer" is?

I think he's referring to FFL's that work out of their home.  Selling guns is only a side business for some folks.  You can find some of these small time dealers in the FFL locater on Gunbroker

Go to the "how do I buy" tab on the menu......then scroll down to "find a transfer dealer".  You'll be prompted to enter your zip code and then the results will list the closest dealers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top