Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 2/16/2007 1:13:12 PM EST
Looking to get a cheap gun safe in the Milwaukee area (don`t want to pay for shipping) so far all i`ve seen is a 10 gun Stack-On at Dunhams for $240+ tax or 16 gun for $320+ tax. I`m just looking for something in 10-14 gun range (only got 5 rifles) but under $300 just something better than a metal cabinet. Any help would be appreciated.-Todd
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 1:44:26 PM EST

Originally Posted By todd4417:
Looking to get a cheap gun safe in the Milwaukee area (don`t want to pay for shipping) so far all i`ve seen is a 10 gun Stack-On at Dunhams for $240+ tax or 16 gun for $320+ tax. I`m just looking for something in 10-14 gun range (only got 5 rifles) but under $300 just something better than a metal cabinet. Any help would be appreciated.-Todd

I just seen a safe at Home Depot on 27th don't recall mfg price give em a call
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 2:11:48 PM EST
check around but I'll bet Dunhams will sell it to you for less. that price is only the asking price...at least that's how it is in Green Bay.
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 2:52:18 PM EST
Don't go cheap on a gun safe! Get one that weighs at least 500# with a S&G lock! There's a office furniture place that sells safes and will even deliver it for free.I forgot the name of the place.They advertise on the radio.Here's a picture of my liberty safe i got.I have it bolted down.This will stop the average joe crack head from stealing my stuff.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 6:04:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By GlockFace:
Don't go cheap on a gun safe!

+ a millon
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 3:22:09 AM EST
Thought I replied earlier, but it must have not gone through.

I've seen the Stack Ons at Gander Mountain and Farm and Fleet - roughly the same price, but you may want to shop around. I've seen some other brands at Lowes and Menards too.

I've got the Stack-on 10 gun. It's cheap. It's far better than nothing. Very important to bolt it down well. I picked up some better anchor bolts than what it came with and bolted it to the basement wall.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 6:18:15 AM EST
Depending on how fast you need it, watch http://milwaukee.craigslist.org. They'll occasionally have used ones from people upgrading for fair prices.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 10:50:55 AM EST
10% off all safes today at sportsmans warehouse!
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 1:38:17 PM EST
Sams Club has/had "The Winchester" gun safe. Digi lock, weighs 5-600lbs. I think they get 599 for them. I got mine with messed up sticker on it for 499. A good safe thats made in the USA and fireproof.

-JTP
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 5:54:48 AM EST
I looked at the Winchester safe at Sam's Club also, however, when I compared it to a Liberty I ended up getting a Liberty. I actually got my Liberty from GM for about $20 more than the Winchester at Sam's --> I opened up a GM CC and received 10% off the sales price and 6 months of 0% interest.

I exchanged numerous PM's with a WI guy on GlockTalk about safes (I forget is SN, but he does safe service and repair), he steered me away from the digital lock stating that it was one of the most common reasons for service calls. As mentioned above, he also suggested the S&G lock and a Liberty Safe.

I've seen the Stack-On safes for sale at Dick's in the past, I actually almost purchased one there until I did a little more research and decided to spend a little more money on the Liberty.

Link Posted: 2/20/2007 9:38:42 AM EST
I've had my winchester for about two years with no problems.

Funny story, The check out goon asked me if I wanted an extended warranty for a mere $30. I said it's a safe, with a lifetime warranty. He went on explaining the warranty until I just said no thanks.

-JTP
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 3:48:57 PM EST
Check out www.cannonsafe.com

In my opinion they are the best safes ever. READ the warranty, and contact me if interested.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 12:58:01 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/22/2007 12:58:24 AM EST by GlockFace]
I heard the radio ad for robertsons office furniture in new berlin and they sell champion safes and deliver them which is a pain in the ass!
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 1:11:46 PM EST
I saw a smaller Stack-On safe (10-14 guns I believe) for sale in the Dick's sales ad for $129 if that is the route you go. I also saw a Gander Mountain brand safe for $399, it was similar construction to the Liberty, not just a metal cabinet. It is a little more than you budget, but it was 10gun a safe.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:26:26 AM EST
i also need a new safe. i am considering a new safe or creating a "gun room"
however i know breaking into a gun room would be easier than a safe as i wont have the 1/4 or 1/2" steel around the whole gun room, just rebar and cinderblock filled with poured concrete.
its bad and good, having more guns means i need annother safe
Top Top