Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 11/18/2012 4:18:06 PM EDT
So i just got my carry permit in Johnson county() and they obviously are making it as difficult as possible to carry, but whatever. The permit in johnson county is a great big sheet of paper as some of you may know, about 7" x 3.5". comes in a nice vinyl sleeve and everything..... which is about 4"x4.5"

anybody have a good solution for putting this thing in my trifold wallet besides just folding it up and jamming it in there(not great for longevity on a paper permit that needs to last 5 years) or one of those chintzy photo inserts you can buy? i was looking for a plastic sleeve about the size of a credit card i could slide it in, but no luck so far.

Wish we had a real sheriff who cared about peoples rights, if for no other reason that if we did, maybe he'd advocate for those cool laminated wallet sized permits like some of you lucky SOB's get
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 4:34:26 PM EDT
[#1]
For mine I folded it to roughly credit card size and cut strips of typing paper to fit into the folds so the ink won't bleed over to the opposite side when folded.  Carry mine in a small cardboard sleeve for extra protection.  Looks like new so far!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So i just got my carry permit in Johnson county() and they obviously are making it as difficult as possible to carry, but whatever. The permit in johnson county is a great big sheet of paper as some of you may know, about 7" x 3.5". comes in a nice vinyl sleeve

ROFL!!! Check out what we get in Black Hawk. Fits behind my ID.

I would laminate it and just fold it up while it's still hot so it doesn't crease.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 9:07:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Laminate it.  It will still fold up and fit in your wallet, yet be protected.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:45:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Could you take it to a copy machine and have the size reduced to business-card levels? I've heard of people doing that with their stamps for NFA items.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:34:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Hell they (LEO's) told me when I picked mine up I couldn't do that
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:07:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell they (LEO's) told me when I picked mine up I couldn't do that

Then tell them to quote/cite the law which states this. Police Officers can legally Lie to you. I've been through several years of "Police" schooling.

When I went to get my CCW prior to the "shall issue," the worker behind the counter at the sheriffs office immediately gave off bad vibes. Total bitch. Trying anything and everything to prevent me from acquiring it because SHE didn't agree with my choice. You just have to press on. Law enforcement often takes a "in the high seat or high horse" attitude and it's not right or fair. As long as you follow the law, you will be okay. Don't let the dicks discourage you.

Laminating is illegal!! ROFL  That's just him lying and trying to make CCW a pain in the ass because he's afraid of gangbangers he sees on TV. Ignorance. It's a shame that there's so many dicks in LE that give the rest of the good guys a bad name.

If it were me and I didn't have the cash to laminate it, i'd at least buy a small ziplock bag like they supply you with when you buy a fishing license. Fold it up and put it behind your ID.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:41:31 AM EDT
[#8]
In Linn county they laminate it for you for $5  
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:18:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Interesting, my Linn county permit is a hard card printed from a machine for a $5 fee
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#10]
If you take it to a copy works type place that does laminating, they should be able to get it protected, and they can crease it so it folds up. Thats what I had done to mine. Folds into a nice stack about the size of a normal ID.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:29:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting, my Linn county permit is a hard card printed from a machine for a $5 fee

The nice lady at the counter said they were having problems with them fading...
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The nice lady at the counter said they were having problems with them fading...

Interesting, so Linn is doing paper permits now instead of hard cards? I can see how back when permits were only for 1 year, fading was less of an issue.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:21:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Still wallet size, but appear to be just a laminated business cardstock type of deal.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 2:25:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I cut the extra paper from mine and laminated it with clear packaging tape so its still foldable.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top