Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 8:46:45 AM EDT
I am looking for a shop that not only offers competitive prices but also has a friendly, informative staff? I like to buy from people who desire my repeat business and not just want to sell me the first thing off the shelf. Any ideas? I'd be willing to travel if you guys know of something really good!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Ruff's Sporting Goods and Liquor store near the NAU campus is quite good. Charles the Gunsmith.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:03:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I just happened to go there today! Everyone seems real nice, and the prices seem quite reasonable.

They said they are having trouble locating AK's. They have not been able to stock more as of late?
What is going on?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:27:15 PM EDT
[#3]
In Flag there are several good shops.  Ruffs is fine for some things.  You have Gare Reeder one of the foremost gunsmiths in the nation, he is in East Flag and the address is in the phone book.  One of the best reloading stores in AZ is near there.  It is the Ammo Place and is also in east Flag.  On Butler, east of the University is a big gun store, I can't remember the name but it is owned by a Korean fellow who is quite a shooter.  He runs many of the local matches along with the fellow from the Ammo Place.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
In Flag there are several good shops.  Ruffs is fine for some things.  You have Gare Reeder one of the foremost gunsmiths in the nation, he is in East Flag and the address is in the phone book.  One of the best reloading stores in AZ is near there.  It is the Ammo Place and is also in east Flag.  On Butler, east of the University is a big gun store, I can't remember the name but it is owned by a Korean fellow who is quite a shooter.  He runs many of the local matches along with the fellow from the Ammo Place.  

I know you forgot the name of the one near the university, but do you know what street it's on.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, it is on Butler, I'd say 5 or six blocks toward the industrial places that used to be the Babbitts Lumber yard.  Look in the phone book for guns and find the address on Butler.  They should be open tomorrow.  Like most stores they will usually deal.  Oh, they often get Winchester Ranger police ammo and will sell it to the public.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:00:31 PM EDT
[#6]
There used to be a firm called 'Silver Bullet' in East Flagstaff, IIRC. Went there once looking for work. I was disappointed that I knew more about custom gunsmithing than the owner. He was actually asking me to show him how to build a 1911 that I brought in as an example of my work. I declined.  

All of this conversation went on in the presence of one of his customers. He then asked me if I wanted to buy his business. Oh well.... I wonder if the guy is still in business? Charles the Gunsmith.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Horizon Shooters is located at 522 East Butler Avenue. Phone number is (928) 556-9649. They moved there from their other location on Route 66 sometime last summer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top