Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2008 6:31:23 AM EDT
Hey guys...I wanted your opinions on who's the best dealer around the Avondale and Goodyear area that carries AR pistols.  I actually live in California, but will be in your state during Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 7:33:13 AM EDT
[#1]
you can not buy a pistol in the state of Arizona unless you have an Arizona drivers license.....and since you are looking for a AR Pistol, not dealer will sell to you with a California D.L.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 1:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]
AR pistols are legal in CA if they're....never mind....
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hey guys...I wanted your opinions on who's the best dealer around the Avondale and Goodyear area that carries AR pistols.  I actually live in California, but will be in your state during Thanksgiving.

California has a 10 day waiting period on rifles also. So you can't buy rifles in any other states either. If you have a ARIZONA I.D. card and are a resident of Arizona for part of the year you can buy firearms. But some of the firearms  aren't legal in California.

OFF THE BAN LIST LOWERS OR GUNS IN CALIFORNIA ( REMINGTON'S ARE LEGAL BUT NOT ON THE LIST YET ) also the the guns have to have a bullet button or prince 50 lock or monsterman grip (no features) ect. I 'm not going to explain in detail but there are sites that explain how to make them legal.

http://thegunwiki.com/pub/Gunwiki/HistoryOLL/OLL-LIST.pdf
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 3:20:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Calli blows ,move to AZ.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 10:43:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 5:51:00 AM EDT
[#6]

...and I'm not talking about buying an AR pistol in AZ either...I'm simply asking for the opinions of who were the best firearms dealers in AZ that carried AR pistols.  I know I can't buy one without being a resident.  I'm not an idiot.  I need to talk to dealers in the area.  I'd rather talk face-to-face when dealing with firearms 'cause it's more personable.  That's all...Relax...
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 5:51:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 5:53:13 AM EDT
[#8]
height=8
Quoted:
you can not buy a pistol in the state of Arizona unless you have an Arizona drivers license.....and since you are looking for a AR Pistol, not dealer will sell to you with a California D.L.

read the question first before answering...thank you
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#10]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
...and I'm not talking about buying an AR pistol in AZ either...I'm simply asking for the opinions of who were the best firearms dealers in AZ that carried AR pistols.  I know I can't buy one without being a resident.  I'm not an idiot.  I need to talk to dealers in the area.  I'd rather talk face-to-face when dealing with firearms 'cause it's more personable.  That's all...Relax...

If you step back and look at what we saw......

someone with a VERY low post count, from the state of California, asking if there are any dealers caring a AR pistol.

The impression was there that maybe you were wanting to buy a pistol while here/passing through. You don't post very much, so no one knows you, knows what you do or don't know.

If you would have added that bit of information from the get go, you would have probably gotten better responses sooner......sometimes we arizonians do need a little more information, goes with the grey hair.

Now that things are cleared up. There aren't really any dealers that have AR pistols on a regular basis in the west valley.

if you don't mind a little drive:

American Spirit Arms is in Scotsdale (north east phoenix), they can do a pistol setup.

Gun dealers that may or may not have them.............

Shooters world may or may not have pistols in stock (I17 just a couple miles north of the 10)

Guns plus in Surprise (north of avondale a few miles, ok about 10 miles)

Cabelas (101 on the west side up by the football stadium) has ARs, but I do not think they have AR pistols, and it can be hit and miss about which clerk knows what he is talking about and who is just acting like he knows what he is talking about.

There is Tactics on the east side. not sure if they do pistols or not............

There are several AR manufacturers in the Phoenix Area. they will be your best bet. There are not any dealers the I know of that regularly have AR pistols in stock. I could be wrong, but I do not think there is a huge demand enough to keep then instock on a real regular basis.

Alright...that's what I was looking for...Thank you!  
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 12:15:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Cabelas (101 on the west side up by the football stadium) has ARs, but I do not think they have AR pistols, and it can be hit and miss about which clerk knows what he is talking about and who is just acting like he knows what he is talking about.

Funny you mention that.  I just got back home from a trip to Phoenix and I stopped by Cabelas yesterday to pick up some stuff.

I asked if they had any Alliant "Power Pistol" powder. The clerk give me a strange look and tells me "Yea, we have pistol powder, what kind do you want?" I tell him again, Power Pistol by Alliant.  Then he starts mumbling something about powder for powerful pistols and that I need to find out what kind of powder I need, and maybe I should get more familiar with reloading before I start doing it, bla, bla, blaa....

By then I can see that they didn't have it so I tell him never mind and ask for 500 small pistol primers.  He gives them to me and I take my stuff to pay for it.  As the lady is ringing it up I see that he gave me 400 small pistol primers and 100 small pistol magnum primers.  I explain to the cashier and she lets me go back to exchange them.

I get back to the gun counter - no other customers in sight - the guy that just helped me looks at me and goes back to picking his nose. He looks at me again and asks if I've been helped . I tell him no and he says if I can get a number he can help me. I tell him "Look, I just here to exchage these primers, I asked for 500 small pistol primers, you gave me 400 and 100 magnum primers". He looks at the box for a minute and then goes on to tell me how he's always telling the clerks to make sure they give the customers the right primers, etc. and I tell him YOU'RE the one who gave them to me. Another stupid look from him, I get my primers and get out of there.

Sometimes I wonder where they find them........    
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Send me a PM. I'm in Goodyear.

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:26:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Send me a PM. I'm in Goodyear.

Help him out J.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top