Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2007 5:45:37 PM EDT
I'm looking for a shop that will not try to bend me over on a FFL out of state transfer.
anyone have a recommendation? Pace Outfitters wants $35.00, I don't have anything to compare it to.. Help
And of course Thanks...
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 7:52:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Give Shoot Straight in Casselberry a try.   Also Al's Army Navy in Sanford and Altamonte Springs.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Orlando Firearms, Inc.
3236 N. US Hwy 17-92
Suite 110
Longwood, FL  32750
407-687-2130 (By Appointment only)

$20.00 transfers all day long.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:12:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Shooter's Den on Aloma charges $35.00 as well. East Orange Gun Range on Forsyth used to be the same, not sure now. Stay away from Shoot Straight, it would have to be something damn special for me to give them any of my money.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:29:48 PM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
Shooter's Den on Aloma charges $35.00 as well. East Orange Gun Range on Forsyth used to be the same, not sure now.  

^^ East Orange Shooting Sports is $42 after all is said and done ($35 + $5 NICS + ?).
Pros: Store hours; they will email a .PDF FFL if the other will accept (I hope I didn't confuse that with Shooter's Den - might call to double check)
Cons: Price

I went with Orlando Gun Vault - www.orlandogunvault.com
$25 Right off Aloma/Forsyth.  
Cons: Non-"store hours "; US Mail only (combined contribute to a potentially slow delivery)
Pros: Price; He's a good guy to deal with
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:26:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Shooter's Den on Aloma charges $35.00 as well. East Orange Gun Range on Forsyth used to be the same, not sure now.  

^^ East Orange Shooting Sports is $42 after all is said and done ($35 + $5 NICS + ?).
Pros: Store hours; they will email a .PDF FFL if the other will accept (I hope I didn't confuse that with Shooter's Den - might call to double check)

Cons: Non-"store hours "; US Mail only (combined contribute to a potentially slow delivery)

I'm not familiar with Orlando Gun Vault, how does he operate? Do they have a storefront?

And you are right, a $35 transfer fee will have $5 addition for the FDLE background check service and tax so the total is $42 and change.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:27:12 AM EDT
[#6]
With the new rules the BATF is enforcing expect many FFL's to raise the price of transfers.
Find a shop you like and trust and stick with them.
I like East Orange SS as they are black rifle friendly, and support the shooting sports unlike most shops in town.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 5:06:13 AM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

I'm not familiar with Orlando Gun Vault, how does he operate? Do they have a storefront?

And you are right, a $35 transfer fee will have $5 addition for the FDLE background check service and tax so the total is $42 and change.

Let me preface this by saying I'm a complete newb, and this was my first out of state purchase.

Anyways, Gun Vault operates out of a storage unit/warehouse of sorts. No storefront, however inside he has glass counters and a big sign, like maybe he plans on making it a shop.  There was one other guy there also picking up his order.

I started here: gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp (thanks to my seller for the info)

I wanted to see if I could beat the EOSS price, and there were a number of cheaper guy's listed that were also close to me.  
One thing that surprised me was that out of 7 or so FFLs I called, no one would fax (except Shooter's Den - but they require to receive the FFL first, so if the other FFL has the same policy than you're deadlocked).
Maybe I'm just impatient, but after paying a significant amount of $ for a rifle, I was hoping for the fastest, most secure process possible. All reason's for faxing were the same - blurry numbers.  Totally understandable, but I don't understand why:
A. You can't write clearly and legibly
B. Enlarge the fax before sending

EOSS was willing to email the FFL, which I thought was great, but the seller's FFL didn't know how to operate the "email machine". he
Gun Vault was a good experience, as long as you don't mind waiting on the snail mail.  Also make sure the address on the seller's website is an actual mailing address here,
-J
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 5:29:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I just used   East Orange Shooting Sports they were friendly and have flexable hours. Also its 35 for the first transfer and 20 for each additional one down the road. Also my lower came in and it wasn't put together right and Jon the owner helped me get it right w/o charging I will use them for my next trasnfer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top