Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/4/2014 11:12:21 PM EDT
...is asking for campaign contributions. I don't live in Colorado. So what do you guys know about him?
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 12:12:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/5/2014 12:14:50 PM EDT by bernieherpin]
This is Colorado State Senator Bernie Herpin. Thank you for asking about me and my stand on the 2nd Amendment. I was elected in September 2013 when we recalled the Senate president over his pushing restrictive gun bills through the 2013 legislature.

I am a founding member, past president and current treasurer, of the Pikes Peak Firearms Coalition (www.ppfc.org). In the 2014 Colorado legislative session, I was the co-prime sponsor of a bill that would have repealed the 15 round magazine limit. It was killed on q party line vote in committee. I was also a sponsor of several other pro-gun bills that were all killed on party-line votes.

My Democrat opponent is Michael Merrifiled who worked as the Colorado point man for Bloomberg's Mayors Against [ALL] Guns. He has received financial support from Ceasefire Colorado and labor unions, especially teachers. When announcing, he stated "I intend to pick up where John Morse [the recalled Senate president] left off. Need I say more!

I need the support of pro-gun folks to beat him and keep this seat in a pro-gun, Republican conservative person. I am a retired military officer and I take my oath to defend our Constitution seriously. I am a life member of the NRA and the 2nd Amendment Foundation.

Please see my website (www.bernieherpin.com) where you can donate on line or you can mail a check to:

Bernie Herpin for SD-11
PO Box 76521
Colorado Springs, CO 80970

Thank you! Please email me with any questions: Bernie.herpin@outlook.com
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:30:20 PM EDT
Welcome to arfcom, Bernie. Don't be a stranger.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:49:05 PM EDT
welcome Bernie!

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 11:43:31 PM EDT
donation made!
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 1:04:31 AM EDT
You're not in my district, neither were the recalls. Contribution sent.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 6:59:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 12:16:07 PM EDT

I think this is a first for me, seeing a post here from any Colo elected Official.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:22:09 AM EDT
This is the internet so I have to be suspicious that it was really Bernie who stopped by. Maybe a supporter... maybe a staffer? But if that was you, Bernie, thanks for chiming in.

I'm not in SD11 and can't say I've been following Bernie's progress much over the last few months. But I'll say this. When three of us who helped created a vacancy in SD11 gave a press conference to announce the launch of C2AA, Bernie was one of the few (as in two, I think) legislators that came out onto the steps, waited until we were done, and then shook our hands and thanked us for what we did with the recalls. My job was to fire Morse, not hire Bernie, but I will admit that that simple act of class impressed me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 11:56:14 AM EDT
I really hope it is him. If only he could read the numerous threads on this site that basically won him his job. Just brings back so many flashbacks from last years epic recall success.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 10:44:56 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Battleicious:
I really hope it is him. If only he could read the numerous threads on this site that basically won him his job. Just brings back so many flashbacks from last years epic recall success.
View Quote

Just to mention it:
We didn't win his job for him - we simply opened the seat for him to run. The BFDF could not endorse candidates, and we really spun up only to recall Morse.

Now my bros went on to form the Colorado 2nd Amendment Association, and they can endorse candidates. I'd keep an ear out for them to speak up on who to support in our coming elections.
Top Top